!GIVEAWAY! 50$ in-game currency [ALL PRIZES WON]

Virgule

edit 2 : THANKS EVERYONE FOR PLAYING. HOPE YOU HAD FUN.

Hello, 

So I recently bought a Gtx 750 TI for one of my clients and I have a digital code for the following items :

1- 50$ in game currency for Strife [Won by RazerZ]

2- 50$ in game currency for Infinite Crisis [Won by DimasRMDO]

3- 50$ in game currency for War Thunder [Won by givingtnt]

So it's .... GIVEAWAY TIME !!!!

So this is how it's going to go. [PLEASE READ]

I hate giveaways threads where you only have to show up, comment first and win. Seeing my engineering background, there will be a few science problems and science related questions to answer. Pick one question and answer it correctly and you can choose one of the codes for your price. First person to answer a question correctly gets to choose one of the codes and further winners get to choose within codes not yet claimed. The questions/problems previously solved are eliminated for further winners. Refrain from using wikipedia or I'll know.

Winners will be announced on this first post.

QUESTION 1 (math)  [sOLVED by Werto165, no prize claimed]

Solve and simplify the following expression. PROVIDE YOUR STEP-BY-STEP ANSWER. [ONLY HANDWRITTEN SCANNED IMAGES IN SPOILERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE]

q1.png

QUESTION 2 (resistance of materials)  [sOLVED by Rustikles, no prize claimed]

In your own words, what is the only cause of hoop stress and how does it cause it ?

QUESTION 3 (fluid dynamics)  [sOLVED by Rustikles, no prize claimed]

In your own words, what is the difference between NPSH required and available (in the case of a pump) ?

QUESTION 4 (Statistics) [sOLVED by RazerZ]

A population of N cars of a particular manufacturer and model are sold. Each car's motor has a probability p of being still operational after X years of service. You conduct an investigation after X years where you track down n cars to note whether or not their motor is still operational. What statistical distribution best describe population N ?

QUESTION 5 (finite elements)

How do you call the ensemble of known displacements or forces on specific elements of a finite element model ?

QUESTION 6 (resistance of materials) [sOLVED by DimasRMDO]

In your own words, explain what is the yield strength of a material.

QUESTION 7 (chemistry) [sOLVED by givingtnt and Rustikles]

List 5 factors that can affect the rate of a chemical reaction.

Have fun !

Edit 1 : Adding a few questions for the final prize

QUESTION 8 (Vectorial algebra )

What is the name of the component of the length of a vector that is solely in another vector's direction ?

QUESTION 9 (Physics) [sOLVED by Supermast]

What is the name of the shape on which electrons orbiting an atom all have the same energy ?

Spoiler

welp ok xD  leme do that on a peice of paper :P

never did the maths your asking for.. and never did phisics....   this is gonna be fun :D

Q2: Thin-Walled Pressure Vessels

Q3: not sure what it is... but I think the difference is what you need in order to move a fluid, comapred to what you have... (never did fluid phisics)

Q4

I think this one is right there is actually 6 that I know of

Question 7 :  surface area ,  concentration, pressure, temperature, nature of reactants, catalyst

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

question 6: The maximum amount of stress you can apply to object before it goes into plastic deformation or in other words the point at which the material doesn't return to it's original shape? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

question 6: The maximum amount of stress you can apply to object before it goes into plastic deformation or in other words the point at which the material doesn't return to it's original shape? 

ALMOST!!! There is one element of answer that's missing.

you can try again if you want

Spoiler

edited :P

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

welp ok xD  leme do that on a peice of paper :P

never did the maths your asking for.. and never did phisics....   this is gonna be fun :D

Q2: Thin-Walled Pressure Vessels

WRONG

Q3: not sure what it is... but I think the difference is what you need in order to move a fluid, comapred to what you have... (never did fluid phisics)

YOU'RE GETTING THERE BUT NOT ENOUGH

Q4

Question 7 :  surface area ,  concentration, pressure, temperature, nature of reactants

Q7 :

Please explain what you mean by nature of reactant and you win

Spoiler

Q7 :

Please explain what you mean by nature of reactant and you win

chemestrial propreties, (how reactive a material is, what will it react with best ......)

is that enough ? :P

(example ) Fe2o3

chemestrial propreties, (how reactive a material is, what will it react with best ......)

is that enough ? :P

I would have liked a better worded explanation but CLOSE ENOUGH!

You win !

PM'ing you right now.

Spoiler

I would have liked a better worded explanation but CLOSE ENOUGH!

You win !

PM'ing you right now.

nice :D

@Virgule 

f763b26ceb.jpg

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

ALMOST!!! There is one element of answer that's missing.

you can try again if you want

What would you add to that, I'm going into engineering next year and it would be helpful to know. In physics we very briefly went over young modulus, stress, strain and that stuff. 

EDIT: derp it's still on.... Just PM me with what you would change about that answer. 

@Virgule 

f763b26ceb.jpg

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol

CONFUSING ENDING.... can't give it to you....correct it and you win

Spoiler

lol

CONFUSING ENDING.... can't give it to you....correct it and you win

Confusing ending as in??? it's a factor of -30e^(-3x^4)x^3 isn't it? 

Confusing ending as in??? it's a factor of -30e^(-3x^4)x^3 isn't it? 

I can't quite explain it without giving you the answer. 

*hint* the answer is on you sheet already

Spoiler

I can't quite explain it without giving you the answer. 

*hint* the answer is on you sheet already

What you mean the answer above that? What's considered simplified? a factored out version? MY BRAIN HURTS :(

EDIT: doesn't matter the war thunder one is already gone, I hate mobas with a passion so someone else can win it. 

What you mean the answer above that?

yes. You committed an error further simplifying

EDIT: doesn't matter the war thunder one is already gone, I hate mobas with a passion so someone else can win it. 

Are you sure ?? You basically won.

Spoiler

yes. You committed an error further simplifying

Are you sure ?? You basically won.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain, I don't have time to play mobas and get good at them, it's probably just cosmetic items anyways. 

Yeah, I'm pretty certain, I don't have time to play mobas and get good at them, it's probably just cosmetic items anyways. 

Suit yourself. Congrats anyway !

Question eliminated.

Spoiler

(Chemical Engineer here) Oh man, this is basically just a giant review. Here ya go!

http://imgur.com/FKetZfR

Virgule

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Oh man, this is basically just a giant review. Here ya go!

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Oh man, this is basically just a giant review. Here ya go!

Ok. You didn't follow the first rule that said to pick a question and answer it. You answered all of them. 

Regardless of that, you're right about pretty much everything.

Q1 : Correct ! (The question was eliminated because it was solved already but I believe the time it takes to write it down, scan it and post it makes it that you didn't cheat)

Q2 : Correct !

Q3 : Correct !

Q4 : Wrong

Q5 : Wrong

Q6 : Incomplete answer

Q7 : Correct (already solved)

I'm giving you a code from what's left for your effort and eliminating the solved questions. PM'ing you right now.

edit : no prize claimed

Spoiler

-snip-

Sorry  guys!  ;) I'm differing my prize to someone who can answer the other questions, so get to it. 

I feel like he's using us to do his homework lol.  :D  :lol:

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Maybe Q6....

Is it the "stress required" of a material before deformation occurs?

Not sure though....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold