Apple sues Samsung over S6 and S6 edge!

Well Samsung and Apple are at it again, this latest fiasco is over the newly released Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Apple is stating that 3 of its patents have been violated and it is looking to stop the future sale of Samsung’s newest phones in the North American market. The first violation has to do with the antenna band placement location on the phones, Apple made the patent claim when they released the iPhone 4s, which the new Galaxy phones share the glass back design with. Also Apple is claiming that Samsung purposely copied their design language with the new phones, stating that the button layout and design look was stolen from the iPhone 6.

galaxy-s6-iphone-6-1.jpg?w=952

This isn't the first time Samsung has been in legal troubles with Apple, though this is the most aggressive patent lawsuit Samsung has faced by Apple. Apple won the last series of suits against Samsung, this time it looks like that will happen again as Samsung honestly doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.

Around this time last year Apple filed suit against Razer for the design language of their Blade 2014 laptop, the case was settled outside of court and details of the final settlement are fuzzy.  Apple has been known to be very aggressive in its legal action towards smaller companies. We shall wait and see what the outcome is.

iPhone-6-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-image.jpg

Source

Thoughts? Comments?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Thoughts?

WTF APPLE

Comments? 

WTF APPLE

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I agree, they look very similar.

I agree, they look very similar.

It was bound to happen eventually. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I can see where they are coming from, for example with the Blade its BASICALLY a black macbook

And I can see some similarities with the Samsung though nowhere near as blatant,

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

To be honest I already forseen this coming. I mean come on, this time Samsung made it so damn blatant. 

It's like if the iPhone 4s and the 6 had a baby

Hail Sithis!

Samsung didn't even attempt to make a unique design. So what did everyone really expect? 

Oh well, I'm just here for the typical "DAE APPLE IS SHITE LOLOL" comments from people who only exist to say that. 

Contrary to popular belief, Apple will let a lot of shit slide in the "lookalike" department. They left Razer alone didn't they? Cause Razer actually differentiated and make a design that looks good on its own. 

Samsung just doesn't give a shit. Copy copy copy. Apple might be idiots for making those designs in the first place, since the 6/6+ aren't THAT GREAT in the design department, but Samsung are bigger idiots for outright copying the design. 

Oh well, imitation and flattery. Can't beat em, join em. Samsung is effectively saying they can't sell a phone if it doesn't look like an iPhone. 

I can see where they are coming from, for example with the Blade its BASICALLY a black macbook

And I can see some similarities with the Samsung though nowhere near as blatant,

I really don't agree with the Blade part. There's enough differences there to set it apart from the Macbook. The only similarity they have is the industrial design of the chassis.

As for the phones here, I don't see how you say "nowhere near as blatant" when it's clearly a copy of design.

I really don't agree with the Blade part. There's enough differences there to set it apart from the Macbook. The only similarity they have is the industrial design of the chassis.

As for the phones here, I don't see how you say "nowhere near as blatant" when it's clearly a copy of design.

really? what differences? a slight dip in the lid? its almost identical in every way, even the cut out below the trackpad is almost the same 

If you walked up to anybody on the street, they would probably think its a black macbook

The samsung looks more different to the iphone 6 than the blade does to the macbook

But the S6 clearly took half of its design from the iPhone 6, but from the front its still decidedly Samsung (just sides, and bottom etc)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

really? what differences? a slight dip in the lid? its almost identical in every way, even the cut out below the trackpad is almost the same 

If you walked up to anybody on the street, they would probably think its a black macbook

Yeah man, so many companies cant make their own designs. Apple is totally right this time and I hope samsung hurts for it.

Hail Sithis!

i wish that the Iphone 6 had that flat slides

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

i wish that the Iphone 6 had that flat slides

S6 is ok, just ugly.

Hail Sithis!

It's like if the iPhone 4s and the 6 had a baby

This time, Samsung deserve to be sued if you ask me. It is kinda hard to differentiate the two from a distance, sorry Samsung, you took it too far. Earbuds too btw.

This time, Samsung deserve to be sued if you ask me. It is kinda hard to differentiate the two from a distance, sorry Samsung, you took it too far. Earbuds too btw.

They aren't original, HTC and Motorola are original. Samsung not so much.

Hail Sithis!

Both of these companies need to have their rights to file lawsuits taken away for at least 3 decades.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Samsung is better than Apple, nuff said.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

The samsung looks more different to the iphone 6 than the blade does to the macbook

But the S6 clearly took half of its design from the iPhone 6, but from the front its still decidedly Samsung (just sides, and bottom etc)

Well there's the fact that it's black, there's a backlit Razer logo on the lid, keyboard is black with green back lighting, the track pad is totally different, USB 3.0 is green on the blade, and I'm pretty sure some, if not most of the IO layout isn't identical.

Whereas on the S6, there's a clear similarity with the band around the phones. They didn't even try.

Opinions

Opinions

better specs and a non beta as fuck OS.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I'd rather have an iPhone than use a Samsung phone. I don't see the appeal Samsung phones have. They're ugly to me and TouchWiz is awful.

I thought they agreed to bury their axes but here we go again. Big companies are paying too much for their lawyers so they can't just let them sit and not sue anyone.