ThrustMaster A10C Warthog

Seen on Vessel!

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

$578.70 on NCIX.  OUCH!  I am glad I am not into games that really require this or make the game that much better by having it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Seen on Vessel!

Seriously, if this is going to be a constant thing I'm going to stop watching the videos from here... 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

So, the thrustmaster H.O.T.A.S is a nice addition to a cockpit.

innuendo? More like in your end-o!

Hey-o!

Isn't there a lack of Twist function in the stick part of this HOTAS? If so, you'd need a set of pedals which will add to the cost, probably should have mentioned this.  

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Why didn't you play DCS A10C with it? The joystick is made for that sim...

This is awesome!

I'm gonna buy it!

*realises that he doesn't have money*

:/

Isn't there a lack of Twist function in the stick part of this HOTAS? If so, you'd need a set of pedals which will add to the cost, probably should have mentioned this.  

There are ways around it on the stick, they are not as good as twist or rudders but tere are a few things you can use for rudder control on it. but yes you are correct their is no twist.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Since 6DOF games are popping up now left and right, I have to say the x55 rhino is just a better value in general(regardless of price). This stick looks awesome and whatnot but it lacks the 2nd analog stick that makes the x55 better IMHO as an all-around gaming joystick. For the A10C simulator game? this is pure perfect, but then again its very expensive to buy purpose built hardware for 1 game.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

So.... basicaly if your a lian li (or equivalent) owner get the warthog....... if thermaltake owner or other cheap gamer crappy case owner.... get some cheap gamer crap with hairtriggers and non-existant build quality like your case.....

I mentioned it in the comments for one of the videos, but I'd love to see a video on a dual joystick setup, how it compares to HOTAS etc.

I know its only really viable in Space sims pretty much, but it sounds an interesting way to fly and with setups like the Thrustmaster T16000M only being £30, its only £60 plus the cost of a set of random pedals to play. (I've seen USB racing pedals used for it)

Loving these joystick/HOTAS videos though, amazing space games out and coming out and will only get better with consumer VR.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

In all honesty, Im in love with my Saitek X52 Pro.

I played Elite Dangerous (RIGHT NEXT TO THE GUY WEARING THE OCULUS RIFT V2! SO CLOSE YET SO FAR!!!) and it felt amazing. that and they modeled the flight controls after these bad boys so it all fits and makes sense.

For me I was able to get the X52 Pro's at a rock bottom price via Ebay magic and last minute wonders!

I did look at the Warthog but....I'll be honest 500 bucks canadian or otherwise for something I may occasionally use unless Im training to fight to save the earth from Alien invaders? Not gonna happen anytime soon!

If you're elitist and super into your sims? Go nuts, you probably have the money, will power and patience of a saint!

In all honesty, Im in love with my Saitek X52 Pro.

I played Elite Dangerous (RIGHT NEXT TO THE GUY WEARING THE OCULUS RIFT V2! SO CLOSE YET SO FAR!!!) and it felt amazing. that and they modeled the flight controls after these bad boys so it all fits and makes sense.

For me I was able to get the X52 Pro's at a rock bottom price via Ebay magic and last minute wonders!

I did look at the Warthog but....I'll be honest 500 bucks canadian or otherwise for something I may occasionally use unless Im training to fight to save the earth from Alien invaders? Not gonna happen anytime soon!

If you're elitist and super into your sims? Go nuts, you probably have the money, will power and patience of a saint!

A friend of mine recently upgraded his H.O.T.A.S. and gave me his old Saitek X45, but for older controllers like this one games like Star Citizen do not have a default configuration. And after looking through the forums I'll have to manually configure some of the buttons. Any advise on how to configure buttons on the archaic controllers that would still work? Perhaps a video on the basics?

I remember setting things like the hat switch on the ol' Thrustmaster to control turning thrusters for MultiPlayer BattleTech so I could turn around in mid air, land behind a mech and blast it from behind. Did not work all the time, but I remember winning against a skilled player when I took out his Heavy Catapult with my Light Jenner.

I already spent a bit o cash on upgrading my computer for Star Citizen, I'd hate to have to throw more money at it if I don't have to. Though I don't entirely like how light it feels flopping around on my desk, but I'm thinking some velcro will solve that problem.

I use to use one of these, when it was still compatible with my computer

Joystick_-_Microsoft_Sidewinder_Force_Fe

I got one of these to replace it, but all ive used it for is Euro Truck Simulator, because i only had the budget to replace one of my two accessories, so i am currently wheeless 

a2.jpg

Sad that the logitech actually has less features, not having a swivel fuction that the Sidewinder had, as well as missing a hat switch

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

man that looks preeetty awesome! god knows i love that damn WARTHOG fighter plane! i will think seriously about this gaming system once i've built my own rig.

Seen on Vessel!

WOW! You must feel special! :rolleyes:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Would honestly consider getting one of these as X52 is getting quite old and showing its age, but the lack of a twist rudder kinda kills it for me

I was initially looking at the Saitek X-55 due to the lower price tag and better software, but I would love something like the X-55 with a sold metal base or even just something a bit heavier; the throttle construction on the X-55 is great but I think the stick needs a warthog treatment. I would love to buy the warthog, but I just cant justify the price.

Can you tell me the cockpit you are using?  I'm looking for one for my Warthog and triple ROG Swift setup for Star Citizen.

Thx

WTF is a HOTAS?

thrustmaster, cockpit...and NO terrible innuendos????  I am disappoint.

WTF is a HOTAS?

thrustmaster, cockpit...and NO terrible innuendos????  I am disappoint.

HOTAS = Hands on Throttle and Stick

HOMAS = Hands on Mouse and Joystick, another popular piloting method on Star Citizen

I prefer the word HOJAM, for Hands on Joystick and Mouse because it makes me chuckle.

You guys need to check out CH Product's Fighterstick and Pro Throttle HOTAS system.  The absolute best in the market, and built like tanks.