Are the people at HP high....?

Luke

This guy is an idiot. His hatred for low end machines has clouded his judgement. And in spite of what he says, he has clearly never installed Windows 8 because the set up assistant definitely has the screens that he was making fun of. And of course the screens have nothing to do with HP.. that's all Windows. He pats himself on the back repeatedly and slips in comments that makes his video a commercial for his own brand rather. Which I guess is fine because it's his video. But all of those things combined makes him loose credibility in my opinion. I won't watch any more of his videos.

I setup Win 8.1 on my Mum's ASUS ultrabook, that screen never showed. And if you want to charge ahead ignoring the evidence right in front of you that that's a shit computer fine. Just watch the 2nd part of the video where he actually builds a computer for about the same price.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This guy is an idiot. His hatred for low end machines has clouded his judgement. And in spite of what he says, he has clearly never installed Windows 8 because the set up assistant definitely has the screens that he was making fun of. And of course the screens have nothing to do with HP.. that's all Windows. He pats himself on the back repeatedly and slips in comments that makes his video a commercial for his own brand rather. Which I guess is fine because it's his video. But all of those things combined makes him loose credibility in my opinion. I won't watch any more of his videos.

Here: 

PMSL

Well.. Good to see things haven't changed at HP since the mid 90's.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

I have seen worse with HP

most dreadful video of a PC i have seen, pc is bad. but the guy bashing it is even worse. 

Well.. Good to see things haven't changed at HP since the mid 90's.

Hey, HP has some good stuff. Their Stream notebooks are nice. And some of their workstations and higher end monitors are quite nice. Nothing else they make though.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

And what's worse - HP turned Compaq to a company that does this  :( , no more quality computers that justify their price.

One of my first computers was a Compaq. Still have the manuals for it. Kinda sad to see them become the "budget" brand at HP.

One of my first computers was a Compaq. Still have the manuals for it. Kinda sad to see them become the "budget" brand at HP.

Yep, my first laptop was actually a Compaq from just after HP acquired them, and its still going after 12-13 years. (Of course in that time it was fully upgraded and it still does most things better than any netbook)

PMSL

Yep, my first laptop was actually a Compaq from just after HP acquired them, and its still going after 12-13 years. (Of course in that time it was fully upgraded and it still does most things better than any netbook)

It was some sort of desktop. I remember it was one of those that actually went on your desk and you put the monitor on top of it. This was in 199...5, I think it was? Definitely before December '95, but after Windows 95 came out. I can remember loving it. Didn't really feel it from another desktop until I built my own in 2014.

When I saw Luke, I thought it was slick.

Then I realised luke's handle on the forums is Slick.

LOL

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Carey Holzman is great, the only reason people don't like him is because his doesn't hide his opinion and openly says what he thinks. He clearly knows what he is doing he has been building PC's for his successful business for over 20 years, and has probably built over 100,000 computers. He actually has no sponsors and only promotes brands that he has had a good experience with, the only reason he dislikes brands many brands is because he has had a bad first hand experience with them. To be honest I think he is very knowledgeable and his opinions are quite valid.

I have a HP laptop, one day I took apart the front bezel for the screen to clean out the dust and found that to only thing connecting the hinge to the screen was some crappy glue.

I am very surprised it has fallen apart yet.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Carey Holzman is great, the only reason people don't like him is because his doesn't hide his opinion and openly says what he thinks. He clearly knows what he is doing he has been building PC's for his successful business for over 20 years, and has probably built over 100,000 computers. He actually has no sponsors and only promotes brands that he has had a good experience with, the only reason he dislikes brands many brands is because he has had a bad first hand experience with them. To be honest I think he is very knowledgeable and his opinions are quite valid.

No, he's a moron.  He claims screw choice on a pc that is not supposed to be opened by the consumer is somehow a design flaw.  Really?  he just hates on HP because it's click bait and so many uneducated people lap it up. There is another thread on here somewhere that explains all the issues with his videos and why he's not that good.

The pc that he is bashing is not a power pc, it is not supposed to be anything he claims it is.  It is a cheap solution for emails, word processing and web surfing snf nothing else, which renders most of his complaints moot.

EDIT: found the thread, has some good discussion and information on carey, the HP in question and discussion regarding the issues between him and Linus.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/194602-carey-holzman-says-some-stuff-about-ltt/

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i hope HP continues to make this horrible machines.

otherwise thier team making these machines will have to join the team making what little good things they have. like high end monitors. 

that wood B bed.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i hope HP continues to make this horrible machines.

otherwise thier team making these machines will have to join the team making what little good things they have. like high end monitors. 

that wood B bed.

I see what you did there  ;)

PMSL

No, he's a moron.  He claims screw choice on a pc that is not supposed to be opened by the consumer is somehow a design flaw.  Really?  he just hates on HP because it's click bait and so many uneducated people lap it up. There is another thread on here somewhere that explains all the issues with his videos and why he's not that good.

The pc that he is bashing is not a power pc, it is not supposed to be anything he claims it is.  It is a cheap solution for emails, word processing and web surfing snf nothing else, which renders most of his complaints moot.

EDIT: found the thread, has some good discussion and information on carey, the HP in question and discussion regarding the issues between him and Linus.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/194602-carey-holzman-says-some-stuff-about-ltt/

Sure, it isn't meant to be a high performance computer, but when he opens the computer the Sata cable hooking up the HDD is disconnected. So I think he has a right to question the quality of these systems and of course he can just plug in the HDD but no ordinary user is going to know what is wrong with their computer when they get it home from the store. He doesn't just bash the computer and offer no alternative, in a follow up video he details how to build a computer for the same price, and offers an alternative to people instead of buying that junk. Also Carey is hardly uneducated, he has a Harvard degree in Computer Science.

I setup Win 8.1 on my Mum's ASUS ultrabook, that screen never showed. And if you want to charge ahead ignoring the evidence right in front of you that that's a shit computer fine. Just watch the 2nd part of the video where he actually builds a computer for about the same price.

The video had 8.0 screens, 8.1 has slightly different ones.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Have any of you guys look at HP's support site? I'd say it's a lot better than ones provided by most manufacturers. If you know the serial number, you can check the warranty right there. And if you feel like doing your own repairs, they provide manuals for that too. That helped me get a laptop fixed.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Are they riveted or screwed? If screwed simply removed the screws. If rivets, oh shit. Just drill them out or something.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't understand why anyone would ever designed like this, there's so much redundant hardware it's got to be cost ineefective

The computers are stupid. But the cases are alright.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If this is true, then he really should learn to check himself.  His attitude is very off-putting and some one new to him isn't going to appreciate much that he has to say.  Arrogance is not an positive attribute no matter how it's spun. 

Delivery isn't always about what a person says, but how he says it. I tell my son this all the time.  Tone and attitude play a lot in how much another person is going to care about what he has to say. 

Here: <snip youtube link>

Too long; Didn't watch.  I'd rather watch a movie than an angry self absorbed computer technician benchmark a computer for an hour and a half.

45 minutes for part 1 was already too long.  

If there's a 10-15 minute segment some where in there, I might consider watching it. 

to answer your question OP, yes they probably are pretty high..