Are the people at HP high....?

Luke

So i just came across this HP Pavillion with an AMD A10 5700 and integrated HD 7660D graphics. Installed in this computer was also a Nvidia GT 620 GPU and on the back of the motherboard was the onboard DVI/VGA blocked by covers that say "DO NOT REMOVE" on them as shown in this picture.

So rather than doing dual graphics they paired a GT 620 GPU with an AMD APU system rendering the HD 7660D graphics completely useless? On top of that the GT 620 GPU is WORSE than HD 7660D? The ONLY reasoning that i can find behind this is that the GT 620 has an HDMI port but HP could have just put one on their motherboard....

post-3082-0-06908500-1427776394.jpg

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

HP is know for their retarded pre-builts, considering I've seen a rig not much better than that for $600, when I'd made a rig for $428 that spanked the shit out of it in every single way.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's impressively stupid. Congrats. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm watching the video-and it seems that my ASUS A3H laptop from 26/1/2006 has a competitor - that's even worse in performance.

PMSL

I have seen worse with HP

I... just... what's inside....rofpmsl, what utter retards. He's right you know - the last of my computers with a cooling system like that was actually from around 1996, what's the bet that a CPU from back then is faster than the AMD one in use.

PMSL

sata cable unplugged? hahahaha

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The only thing that I think is wrong with that computer is the case. Hard drive cable notwithstanding. The case seems to create an image of substance, but it's not there. They should have designed a much smaller case that looks nice and doesn't have all that wasted space. It would have much more appeal as a computer in that price point should have. It's good for a small business (office, point of sale, etc) or maybe even a struggling student. The biggest thing a computer that cheap has going for it is the Windows license.

That guy had a real bad attitude, too.

sata cable unplugged? hahahaha

Ikr?

PMSL

Isnt he the idiot who was criticizing linus. 

Btw Hp's dreamscreen was a shitty idea.My friend bought one thinking he could play cod on it at high settings,it has a sempron in it. 

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

Criticized him about what?

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Btw Hp's dreamscreen was a shitty idea.My friend bought one thinking he could play cod on it at high settings,it has a sempron in it. 

if he criticized linus, there was a reason.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

if he criticized linus, there was a reason.

Criticized him about what?

He accused linus that he dosent criticize products,he is paid by companies to not criticize and other B.S 

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

He accused linus that he dosent criticize products,he is paid by companies to not criticize and other B.S 

Well Linus doesn't actually outright criticize a product or company that often, but then again he probably doesn't actually see a need to. (He really ripped into the R7 240-that was needed)

PMSL

Well Linus doesn't actually outright criticize a product or company that often, but then again he probably doesn't actually see a need to. (He really ripped into the R7 240-that was needed)

He does his job when needed.

Also, the Mein Kampf reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mein_Kampf

PMSL

wow, that is next level stupid. GG hp

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

wow, that is next level stupid. GG hp

And what's worse - HP turned Compaq to a company that does this  :( , no more quality computers that justify their price.

PMSL

And what's worse - HP turned Compaq to a company that does this  :( , no more quality computers that justify their price.

I honestly feel bad for their customers. Its next level bad.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This guy is an idiot. His hatred for low end machines has clouded his judgement. And in spite of what he says, he has clearly never installed Windows 8 because the set up assistant definitely has the screens that he was making fun of. And of course the screens have nothing to do with HP.. that's all Windows. He pats himself on the back repeatedly and slips in comments that makes his video a commercial for his own brand rather. Which I guess is fine because it's his video. But all of those things combined makes him loose credibility in my opinion. I won't watch any more of his videos.

Did a 2 year old high on crack skydiving design this computer? Oh wait, a 2 year old high on crack skydiving would do a better job

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!