Should I sell my 980's and get 2 titan X'?

I game with a Dell 3440 x 1440 ultrawide monitor. I do come close to the cap limit in VRAM with a couple games. (Shadow of Mordor and another but I cant remember what it was.) I love ultrawide and plan on getting the 144mhz Acer monitor when it comes out. I am wondering what opinions are on getting the titan x's and selling the 980's for a little bit of future proofing.

Yeah.Actually hold up on that and see if you can wait till 395X2

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Wait and see if the locked down GM200 980Ti / 985 is real

#FAKE

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

I would wait for the cut down Titan X 6 gig card if that's for real, also see where AMD's new lineup fits into the landscape if only to see how it impacts upon Nvidia's prices. 

wait for 390x to impact the market

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition

That might be a while lol. The 390X is taking its sweet time to come out. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

That's what I'm thinking as well. But I'm going to wait for DX12 and see if the VRAM actually stacks than I'll make my decision.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

#FAKE

prob gonna be 1080 gm200 cut down 1080ti unlocked

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

That might be a while lol. The 390X is taking its sweet time to come out. 

ACTUALLY THIS JULY SON...YOU GOT YO CALCULATIONS WRONG

prob gonna be 1080 gm200 cut down 1080ti unlocked

That's what i was thinking

#FAKE

The 980 TI actually makes perfect sense.  There's a big price gap inbetween the 980 & titan X.

They could easily make a 6gb 980 TI that has the same core as the Titan X, and sell it for $750 and make a killing.

People would buy it because it was cheaper than the titan for the same performance, and people would still buy the titan thinking they actually need 12gb of vram.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I am wondering if I wait. That the 980's will lose some value. So there is 6 in one bucket and a half dozen in the other. It did happen to the 780 once the 780ti came out.

ACTUALLY THIS JULY SON...YOU GOT YO CALCULATIONS WRONG

For real bro!? Say word.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

hey OP. i've got some 980s i might not mind buying anotther for tri/quad SLI :D just incase you need a buyer!

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

hey OP. i've got some 980s i might not mind buying anotther for tri/quad SLI :D just incase you need a buyer!

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

How the hell do you have more posts than me?

Ever heard of black magic? Jk :P

To the OP, I would wait until the new Nvidia card comes out. It will probably release soon after the AMD 300 series and Nvidia will beat the 390 like they did the 290 with the 780Ti. 

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

I agree with you.. I would say yes... If thats if you have the money. But first.. wait untill the card comes out like MLG said.. and see which one is actually better.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Pascal will be the 1000 series so a cut down titan x as a 980 ti makes perfect sense

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Except AMD is inferior to Nvidia... 

To the OP, I would wait until the new Nvidia card comes out. It will probably release soon after the AMD 300 series and Nvidia will beat the 390 like they did the 290 with the 780Ti. 

Uhh, AMD STILL has the best card in the world. (not a single gpu card, but still, that price tho) AMD does make good GPUs, and the R9 3xx series will probably compete EASILY with the new Nvidia lineup.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

I have owned both brands of gpus in the high end of AMD and Nvidia. I had 2 Sapphire R9 290x in Crossfire. To me the drivers were not as good especially for a new game launch. Dying Light for example was not optimized for AMD cards very well, but ran great on high end Nvidia. I'm not a fanboy but I think Nvidia is ahead when it comes to gaming. Also SLI has been a much better experience then crossfire.