So I have an AMD A8-6600k. I have overclocked it a little (4.2 Ghz) but being the speed demon I am, I want to get more out of my CPU. I currently have the cooler master hyper 212 evo equipped. Should I continue getting my clockspeed up with my current cooler, and if so, how fast would you say is alright. If not, what cooler would you recommend. 

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

So I have an AMD A8-6600k. I have overclocked it a little (4.2 Ghz) but being the speed demon I am, I want to get more out of my CPU. I currently have the cooler master hyper 212 evo equipped. Should I continue getting my clockspeed up with my current cooler, and if so, how fast would you say is alright. If not, what cooler would you recommend. 

the cooler is more than enough

just make sure the VRMs on the mobo are cooled as well

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the cooler is more than enough

just make sure the VRMs on the mobo are cooled as well

OK, Thanks

Will Barnes

Just watch your temps, you can go as high as your temps let you. :P (With respect for the max safe Voltage you should go on your chip of course.)

Sorry I might not have been much help, but trying to find your max safe voltage for your cpu is a good idea.

after you find your max safe voltage, see if your cooler will keep it cool with that voltage and max load. If all stays nice and cool, its time to start bumping that core clock to get your speed demon happy.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

Just watch your temps, you can go as high as your temps let you. :P (With respect for the max safe Voltage you should go on your chip of course.)

Sorry I might not have been much help, but trying to find your max safe voltage for your cpu is a good idea.

after you find your max safe voltage, see if your cooler will keep it cool with that voltage and max load. If all stays nice and cool, its time to start bumping that core clock to get your speed demon happy.

Thanks! Ill keep that In mind.

Will Barnes