New pc build help. (CPU vs GPU Budget)

Hey guys,

I am building a gaming rig and I was talking to my dad and he was willing to add $100 dollars to my previously $500 dollar budget.

So I am sitting right now with this as my build. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mistacheezy/saved/#view=JHfG3C

I don't know if I should have stayed with the fx-6300 and dumped the cash into a newer graphics card, or put the extra into the i5-4570 that I have now.

I would appreciate any and all input because I am a newbie at selecting computer parts.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

An AMD FX-6300 will do just fine and it's a great budget cpu. Unless you're doing heavy photo/video editing I don't see why you'd go with anything other than that.

Also depends on what games you're looking to play; I agree with the suggestion above me, get 2x4gb via dual channel.

Don't cheap out on the mobo, get a good quality mobo and not the cheapest one you can find. Is there any reason for the microatx mobo?

If you get the 6300, go with something like an Asus M5A97 R2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-M5A97-R2-0-SATA-Motherboard/dp/B008V9959O) or search around a bit.

I've personally had that case also, wasn't a fan of the fans (no pun intended lol) and had the m5a97 and an fx 8320.

i hate making new accounts

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll be sure to go dual channel and go back to the fx, but I don't know about getting such a costly mobo because this is a budget build. I would rather get an r9 290 than a fancy board. I will do upgrades as time goes on as well so I guess with that, along with getting an ssd, will take higher priority in the future.

The reason I went with a micro atx was the price.

I will be playing payday 2 and probably battlefield and some other intensive titles. (Not that payday is intensive)