LG to Make Next Nexus Phone (rumor)

But what are they going to call it?

Nexus 7 err.....wait :P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I think it would be fine if either HTC or LG did the next Nexus. I kinda like what HTC did with the Nexus 9, and it would be cool if we could get some M8/M9 touches on the nexus line.

HTC has great build quality and a fantastic design language, it would either be them or Motorola for my choice. I just don't like LG phones :/

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Nothing wrong with the Nexus 4's build quality.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

The Nexus 5 was entirely average in every way imaginable. The only thing that it had going for it is that it was fast, battery life sucked, camera was bland and very inconsistent, manufacturing tolerances were loose and the build quality was crap. I owned 3 of them.

3 of them like what -_-

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

3 of them like what -_-

first one I owned the power button stopped working within a week, second one the wifi was completely broken, and the third one had loose buttons. Was not impressed, the only thing that was good was the software and the price to performance. This next Nexus needs to be flagship priced to retain good build quality. 

Hail Sithis!

first one I owned the power button stopped working within a week, second one the wifi was completely broken, and the third one had loose buttons. Was not impressed, the only thing that was good was the software and the price to performance. This next Nexus needs to be flagship priced to retain good build quality. 

I loved mine.maybe due to the fact that it was my first fully functional android device.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

I loved mine.maybe due to the fact that it was my first fully functional android device.

As far as rom support goes it was amazing!

Ubunto Edge, Firefox OS, sailfish and every single AOSP esque ROM imaginable was available for that phone.

Hail Sithis!

The Nexus 5 was entirely average in every way imaginable. The only thing that it had going for it is that it was fast, battery life sucked, camera was bland and very inconsistent, manufacturing tolerances were loose and the build quality was crap. I owned 3 of them.

Probably just very bad luck. I've had one and it never gave up. Don't have it anymore, only just to pay for a OnePlus One.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I would be super happy if the new Nexus would be sold unlocked for under 400 dollars, unlike the Nexus 6, which sold over 600 on contract.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

wasnt there leaks of emails between google and lg last year about them doing a nexus?

also what happened to the huawei doing it?

Its all about those volumetric clouds

snip - double post .... seems to be happening abit lately

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Probably just very bad luck. I've had one and it never gave up. Don't have it anymore, only just to pay for a OnePlus One.

Battery life was not good, it was too varying. My HTC one M8 had fantastuc battery life with Google Play ROM. I averaged 5.5 hours of SOT over 24 hours. It could hit 7 hours SOT if you changed brightness to 15 percent with mixed use. Nexus 5 struggled at times to get 4 hours of SOT. 

Hail Sithis!

Deleted. double post

Hail Sithis!

Battery life was not good, it was too varying. My HTC one M8 had fantastuc battery life with Google Play ROM. I averaged 5.5 hours of SOT over 24 hours. It could hit 7 hours SOT if you changed brightness to 15 percent with mixed use. Nexus 5 struggled at times to get 4 hours of SOT. 

Don't know how you struggled to get 4 hours on SOT. This guy got almost 7 hours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTtXzQ42IE

Don't know how you struggled to get 4 hours on SOT. This guy got almost 7 hours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTtXzQ42IE

I would be super happy if the new Nexus would be sold unlocked for under 400 dollars, unlike the Nexus 6, which sold over 600 on contract.

Heres what needs to happen, I somewhat agree.

a 5 inch variant based on the Moto X that's 400 dollars, while updating the Nexus 6 but keeping the form factor.

2 nexus phones, same design language, different sizes. WIN

Hail Sithis!

Rooted, ROMmed and with a new Kernel. I'm talking about out of the box use.

Hail Sithis!

Heres what needs to happen, I somewhat agree.

a 5 inch variant based on the Moto X that's 400 dollars, while updating the Nexus 6 but keeping the form factor.

2 nexus phones, same design language, different sizes. WIN

So like an iPhone 6 approach?

Rooted, ROMmed and with a new Kernel. I'm talking about out of the box use.

But it's a stock Lollipop rom.

But it's a stock Lollipop rom.

So like an iPhone 6 approach?

Yes similar to that.

My nexus 5 didn't make it to lolipop release, I had L preview on it however. Lollipop improved battery life for most users. Yes it's a stock rom thats heavily modded, not in any way an out of the box experience.

Hail Sithis!

What does a flagship phone mean, every phone a company has released lately has been called a flagship.

I'm a bit upset if they go with LG. The G series phones are shit :/

My Nexus 5 disagrees with u on the upset thing.

Can't speak for G series as I never owned one.

I just want them to make next best Nexus. A.k.a Nexus 5 2015/16

If its a phablet (over 5.5") then I will jump on a hate train.

For me personally 5.3" is the limit because protection cases add size and who uses their fragile smart phones without a case on the go ?!

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

What does a flagship phone mean, every phone a company has released lately has been called a flagship.

It's a phone they think will be their best seller.

I'm pretty sick of hearing that word every time the new piece of tech cones out.

3 years ago it wasn't thrown around like it is nowadays...just like freaking "#gate" or other stupid words.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It's a phone they think will be their best seller.

Like best seller in the industry or in their product range?