LG to Make Next Nexus Phone (rumor)

There have been a few rumors stirring in the ol' rumor mill as to which vendor Google will choose for its next Nexus smartphone, this time LG is in the limelight as new details surface from gadget leakers over at Nowhereelse.fr. Recently Sony and Chinese handset maker Huawei have taken their turn as the rumored next in line for the Nexus smartphone provider, in which both companies have yet to add their name to the roster of Google smart phones.  In 2014 google along with Motorola rolled out the Nexus 6 which was its first attempt at making a flagship priced premium built smartphone with its 6 inch construction, metal chassis, and dual front facing speakers, was a stark change from the mid-tier offerings that previous generation Nexus phones had to offer.

What could LG bring to the table that the previous Nexus manufactures haven’t?  How will they differentiate it themselves from previous generations?  Well the details have emerged about alleged upcoming LG G4 and G4 note smart phones which point to a possible Nexus variant. Much like the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 they will be basing the new Nexus phone directly off of one of their existing flagships. Previously the LG Optimus G and The LG G2 stood as the base design platform for the Nexus 4 and 5, so much the same could be said about the G4/G4 Note.  A 5.7 inch curved flexible display surrounded by a chassis of either metal or plastic (details are fuzzy about that) and a 16 Megapixel camera.  Details about the CPU configuration are still up in the air though 3 GB or more of ram are very likely seeing as many flagship smart phones have at least 2 GB nowadays.  Possibly the biggest addition to the next rumored Nexus smartphone is the inclusion of the stylus which would put it had that with Samsung’s galaxy Note line of smart phones. This would continue Google’s phablet phone trend in which the Nexus 6 began. This coincides with recent rumors of multi window application support that is baked into future versions of android in which having a stylus would greatly improve usability and multitasking. 

What are my thoughts exactly?  I do find it a bit odd that if this rumor is true Motorola won’t have the opportunity to release a follow-up to the Nexus 6, seeing how LG and Samsung both released two Nexus smartphones each respectively.  I personally feel that Motorola has the best design language of any smartphone company at the moment only to tie with HTC for build quality meanwhile LG and Samsung have continued to release flagship phones with subpar build quality and made from cheap materials. While Motorola and HTC have refined their world class smartphones to precision, leaving other handset vendors in what seems to be the Stone Age.

TL;DR Basically if LG decides to release this phone as a flagship device and it has subpar build quality not only will it turn me away from LG smartphones it may turn me against my love of the Nexus brand.

Thoughts?

LG-G4-Press-01.jpg

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Kinda seems like it's expected, since they did make the Nexus 5 after all.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It would be nice to see Google making the device instead of asking others to make it

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

It would be nice to see Google making the device instead of asking others to make it

They could have basically did that had they kept Motorola.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Kinda seems like it's expected, since they did make the Nexus 5 after all.

I'm a bit upset if they go with LG. The G series phones are shit :/

Hail Sithis!

yeee, wall of text I love that /s

LG has huge potential as of late. Just hope it isn't a huge phablet. maybe around 5.4inches is about right.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

But their NExus 5 was great tbh

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

yeee, wall of text I love that /s

LG has huge potential as of late. Just hope it isn't a huge phablet. maybe around 5.4inches is about right.

At least I write my own fucking articles instead of CTRL+C/CTRL+V douchebags on here.

Hail Sithis!

I would be really upset if they slap that logo on the front of the phone like the render shows. Personally, I find it butt ugly. Something a lot more elegant like the HTC logo that they put on their phones would definitely be prefered.

Well, I guess it is just an artists rendition of it.....

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

i forgot about that thread. fuck. LTT search fails again, even Googled it. My thread is better though honestly.

Hail Sithis!

I had it, it was MEH

Hail Sithis!

I'm loving my G3 at the moment and LG have won me over, I would love to see a return of Nexus to LG. The Nexus 4 was one of my all time fave phones.

LG G series is my favorite series out there next to the HTC One M Line :P

I'm rather excited to see what LG can bring this time. The phone on the picture rather seems to be curved, though I know it isn't, but honestly I would think it would be cool to have something like the G Flex in the Nexus lineup.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

I personally like the G series

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

With the Nexus 5 being a resounding success i'd be shocked if Google didn't pick them again... or maybe even Motorola although i'd love LG to make it again. I loved my Nexus 5... until I killed the sim card port (oops) lol.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Great, Motorola mucked up the Nexus 6, even worse knowing that the device probably was never destined to be a Nexus too.  LG has made the two most successful Nexus devices to date, the 4 and the 5.

This time Google needs to define the design language of the phone, the Nexus 6 was first and foremost a Motorola device, not a Google device.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I would be really upset if they slap that logo on the front of the phone like the render shows. Personally, I find it butt ugly. Something a lot more elegant like the HTC logo that they put on their phones would definitely be prefered.

Well, I guess it is just an artists rendition of it.....

How the hell is that LG logo worse than the HTC logo? HTC has a huge black bar with nothing on it but the HTC logo and it's a big contrast against the rest of the device. It looks really ugly in my opinion.

This is just a logo on the device, no extra boarders or anything.

I really hope it's LG that makes the next Nexus device. LG did a much better job with the 4 and 5 than Motorola did with the 6, which is to be blunt pretty shitty.

Now if only they could make a proper tablet next...

Nexus 5 was great wont mind them making another nexus device.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

There is a reason Google is using other manufacturers and not making phone a themselfs, they use the Nexus line to put their view of Android and guide manufactures to what is should look like, life the on screen home button was introduced in the Galaxy Nexus, and they don't want to go against manufacturers that use their OS as that would make them mad and look for other OSs.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Let's hope LG makes something usable instead of that retarded idea to make a smartphone the size of a tablet. 

How the hell is that LG logo worse than the HTC logo? HTC has a huge black bar with nothing on it but the HTC logo and it's a big contrast against the rest of the device. It looks really ugly in my opinion.

I really hope it's LG that makes the next Nexus device. LG did a much better job with the 4 and 5 than Motorola did with the 6, which is to be blunt pretty shitty.

I think it would be fine if either HTC or LG did the next Nexus. I kinda like what HTC did with the Nexus 9, and it would be cool if we could get some M8/M9 touches on the nexus line.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Have you used the Nexus 6? It's by far the best nexus phone imho and not worthy of being called shitty.

Hail Sithis!

Nexus 5 was great wont mind them making another nexus device.

The Nexus 5 was entirely average in every way imaginable. The only thing that it had going for it is that it was fast, battery life sucked, camera was bland and very inconsistent, manufacturing tolerances were loose and the build quality was crap. I owned 3 of them.

Hail Sithis!

But what are they going to call it?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.