3 way GTX 980 SLI or 2 x titan x sli?

Ethn

2 way titan x

or at least i would

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Truthfully, If you have the money I would go for the SLI Titan X's.  Scaling sucks on 3 cards

I have a potato!

Theoretically 2x Titan X is as powerful as 3x 980 but with 8GB more VRAM and none of that TRI-SLI scaling nonsense. Plus it's about the same price too.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

dual config is pretty much the best experience, plus its titan x

Details separate people.

You'll have more scaling problems with a 3 way SLI configuration. 2 way SLI configurations have wider support in games and you'll be getting the 12GB of VRAM for better support for triple A titles down the road.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Theoretically 2x Titan X is as powerful as 3x 980 but with 8GB more VRAM and none of that TRI-SLI scaling nonsense. Plus it's about the same price too.

wheres the 8gb of v ram coming from?

askdjfasdf

1440hz??? Jesus man

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Titan X SLI is better than three 980 SLI. Your not going to use anywhere near the 12 gig of vram on the titan but its handy just in case.

wheres the 8gb of v ram coming from?

The Titan X is a 12GB single GPU card, so you get 8GB more than the 4GB in the GTX 980. TBH the Titan X is the only GPU currently out that is truly designed for 4K gaming, all other cards are either too weak or just don't have enough vRAM, so go with the 2 Titan X in SLI (less problems than if you used 3x 980's - and you won't run out of vRAM).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

-snip- double post 

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

and a 1440hz for internet and stuff.

Did you mean 1440p? Not hertz

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Thought you would use the 4k monitor for internet and stuff since its only 60hz and the 1080p 144hz monitor for gaming. 

144hz is best used for gaming , I guess its ok in windows.

Thought you would use the 4k monitor is internet and stuff since its only 60hz and the 1080p 144hz monitor for gaming. 

144hz is best used for gaming , I guess its ok in windows.

Maybe I got it mixed up idk lol

You can use both for gaming. 4k monitor has better resolution but your stuck at 60hz. The 1080p monitor is a less resolution but will playing a lot smoother at 144hz.  Depends on what you like. Better graphics or better smoother gameplay. :)

I've had a 3way GTX980 SLI. It's okay but not as good as a GTX Titan X 2way SLI that I have now with my 4K G-Sync monitor. You have better min FPS with the Titan X 2way and besides that more VRAM and the best part of it is the 2way doesn't have many scaling issues, more than 2 cards don not scale very well. In synthetic benchmarks it looks like they do, but real world performance is something different.

I run my Titan Xs with custom watercooling and I'm able to OC them both to 1500MHz boost stable at max 34 degree Celsius. And once in a while you want to play a game that doesn't come with a SLI profile, and this is where the Titan X shines even more. Because in scenarios like that it's still enough power for these games in 4K.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Truthfully, If you have the money I would go for the SLI Titan X's. Scaling sucks on 3 cards

Scaling sucks on 4 cards.. 3 way is fine

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

I've had a 3way GTX980 SLI. It's okay but not as good as a GTX Titan X 2way SLI that I have now with my 4K G-Sync monitor. You have better min FPS with the Titan X 2way and besides that more VRAM and the best part of it is the 2way doesn't have many scaling issues, more than 2 cards don not scale very well. In synthetic benchmarks it looks like they do, but real world performance is something different.

I run my Titan Xs with custom watercooling and I'm able to OC them both to 1500MHz boost stable at max 34 degree Celsius. And once in a while you want to play a game that doesn't come with a SLI profile, and this is where the Titan X shines even more. Because in scenarios like that it's still enough power for these games in 4K.

Updated FS numbers on 1500 BC yet?

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

The Titan X is a 12GB single GPU card, so you get 8GB more than the 4GB in the GTX 980. TBH the Titan X is the only GPU currently out that is truly designed for 4K gaming, all other cards are either too weak or just don't have enough vRAM, so go with the 2 Titan X in SLI (less problems than if you used 3x 980's - and you won't run out of vRAM).

oh gotcha was like whered that number come from :P

askdjfasdf