Just upgraded to an i7 4790k. I have always been total shit when it comes to applying thermal paste. Im using a H100i, my idle temp is about 30C and load about 63C, are these good? just because some forums are showing 30C is high for idle with the H100i, but most people end up not having a fan on or something.

These are fine, the max for this processor is 73C. Is it overclocked?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I'm idling at 30C as well with my h100i, I wouldn't worry friend. xD

Just upgraded to an i7 4790k. I have always been total shit when it comes to applying thermal paste. Im using a H100i, my idle temp is about 30C and load about 63C, are these good? just because some forums are showing 30C is high for idle with the H100i, but most people end up not having a fan on or something.

when you say loads, what are you using to test?

Well, i was using Prime95 for full load, but some people are saying the new haswells dont play nice with it.

Well, i was using Prime95 for full load, but some people are saying the new haswells dont play nice with it.

DONT USE PRIME 95 it will overvolt the CPU

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

its not overclocked. So when playing BF: Hardline the cpu usage is around 60% (watching video, itunes) and the temp moves around from 50-54. Sound normal?

Good temps. I have the same temps @4.5 V1.210 (Adaptive) with same cooler

CPU 4790k – Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula - RAM 32GBs (8GBx4) 2400Mhz TRIDENT-X – GPU GTX 1080 MSI – Case Obsidian 450D –Storage Corsair / OCZ SSD – PSU Corsair HX850i –Display ASUS ROG SWIFT PG178Q 1440p 144Hz – Cooling Noctua NH-D15

DONT USE PRIME 95 it will overvolt the CPU

I heard the newest version of P95 fixed that issue, also I'm fairly sure it only overvolts when on adaptive mode, or atleast thats what it does for my 4790k.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I heard the newest version of P95 fixed that issue, also I'm fairly sure it only overvolts when on adaptive mode, or atleast thats what it does for my 4790k.

Yeah that's why it should only be on manual for stress testing. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

I have a cooler master nepton 240M in pull and at 1.35V and 4.8GHZ I am sitting around 37C

I have a cooler master nepton 240M in pull and at 1.35V and 4.8GHZ I am sitting around 37C

1.35 dear lord. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Those are exactly my temps as well, and I live in a hot environment, that's really important. Your temps are fine man, excellent CPU, I own it.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Idle temps will be much effected by your room temp. Don't worry about them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

so as im writing this im playing civ 5 and watching netflix and my cpu usage is around 35-40% and its jumping around between 42-46, still seem fine? also i notice that when idle and then opening a webbrowser or doing any action, the temps will jump a lot sometimes from 29 to like 50. Then falling back to 29. Why is that?

so as im writing this im playing civ 5 and watching netflix and my cpu usage is around 35-40% and its jumping around between 42-46, still seem fine? also i notice that when idle and then opening a webbrowser or doing any action, the temps will jump a lot sometimes from 29 to like 50. Then falling back to 29. Why is that?

Temps will change according to how much and which cores are being used. Opening some software will use more power because of all the stuff that is being loaded and AV checking the starting stuff. You really shouldn't worry about it. Only if fans fail or you are doing something really heavy, it will get close to 80-90C which is the danger zone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Alright, did some stress testing with the intel extreme tuning software and it never goes above ~64, so thats good for now. Expected alittle cooler with the H100I but. Better then 90 ;D thanks guys!