Dark Rock Topflow or Pure Rock?

Nikeshp79

Hello,

Looking at finding a new CPU cooler as I'm using stock with and i7 4770k and hitting high temps with it of ~85 degrees Celsius. When looking at the range of Be Quiet! CPU air coolers, I was going to go for the Pure rock, however the Dark Rock Topflow is more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Which one is better? I'm unsure how to go about looking at TDP and I am looking for something quiet but cools well, and nice aesthetics while I'm at it (although I can sacrifice this).

Here's the Dark Rock Top Flow: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/be-quiet!-shadow-rock-topflow-sr1-cpu-cooler-with-135mm-shadow-wings-pwm-silent-fan-for-intel-and-am

Pure Rock (you're probably familiar with this one): http://www.scan.co.uk/products/be-quiet!-pure-rock-bk009-cpu-4x-heat-pipe-cooler-with-120mm-silent-pwm-fan-for-all-intel-amd

I'm looking to spend around this ballpark, and is why I can sacrifice aesthetics. I would have liked to go for AIO cooling (i.e. corsair H60, but it's loud and I've been told only got for a h100i or better, which is too expensive for me).

Also, can the orientation of the topflow cooler be changed by 90 degrees each way? Kind of annoying to get in the way of my RAM stick if I ever want to replace/remove/add more.

My case is the NZXT Phantom 240

they should both have comparable performance, and the topflow might be benefitial since it will blow air down to the VRM and MOSFET of the mobo

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

they should both have comparable performance, and the topflow might be benefitial since it will blow air down to the VRM and MOSFET of the mobo

Is that benefit small? And also, is higher TDP always better?

I wouldn't buy a pure rock from scan if I was you, I have one myself. Pleased with it but the packaging is awful.

I wouldn't buy a pure rock from scan if I was you, I have one myself. Pleased with it but the packaging is awful.

I've purchased from SCAN before, their packaging was fine - although I did go in store and buy then. They are good retailers though.

I've purchased from SCAN before, their packaging was fine - although I did go in store and buy then. They are good retailers though.

Good customer service and nice people but everything I've had from them was damaged but it was posted.

As for the cooler I would say its good for the value.