Apple will let you skip lines if you buy the 10,000$ Apple Watch Edition

Lord Sparklebottom

Yeah If I'm getting a tailored suit, I'm getting a pocket watch to go with it. Not a wrist watch.

No you're not. Only people who learn class from the internet think that kind of esoteric stuff still looks good. 

A good looking wrist watch complements the package, is classy and doesn't always draw attention to itself. 

If your closet isn't filled with tailored suits, are you really a man? 

Deep questions, brought to you by VS. 

But really, I won't get a suit that isn't tailored. Can always find great prices on suits that are tailored, doesn't exactly need to be a "break the bank" purchase. 

If you have no need for a suit, isn't buying a suit a waste of money?

Practical questions, brought to you by Sid.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

If you have no need for a suit, isn't buying a suit a waste of money?

Practical questions, brought to you by Sid.

ONE ALWAYS NEEDS A SUIT. 

Thats a law in the book of life, in fact. 

But really, there will always be a "suit" moment. A fancy dinner, someones engagement party, a wedding. I don't work anymore but I've already had to whip out the ties half a dozen times this year. Then again, I'm involved in such affairs that dressing well (and buying well made clothing) starts to matter. 

None of my suits are overly expensive. They are well tailored however and will outlast even me if I so desired. 

ONE ALWAYS NEEDS A SUIT. 

Thats a law in the book of life, in fact. 

Damn, then I'm breaking the law. I'd better go buy a suit :P Although I'd rather wait till I have need for it and am actually in a position where I can actually wear it daily. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

These two have it right.

Think about it, don't you pay more for a premium experience and premium materials? A lot of people go to chain steakhouses, where a steak meal is $26.95. Meanwhile, if you go to a premier steakhouse, you're paying $60+ for a steak alone. They're both made out of cow meat, but one is better quality cow meat and has been prepared with more finesse/care than the other cow meat.

DAE LOL APPLE IS SHIT, FUCK THAT M8

Can confirm. Have spent $15 for a cheeseburger at a local restaurant. That's 1000% more expensive than a McDonald's cheeseburger but the customer experience is way higher (not exactly the impossible dream to beat the customer experience of McDonalds... But still.) And the meat came from 100% naturally fed local free range cow, so there's that.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I think the whole first in line concept for this is nice, but I also don't think a $10,000 Apple Watch (or any other brand of smartwatch) should exist in the first place.

private consultations for up to one hour with a Apple Watch expert.

Also, what does this even mean? Are you just going to see a guy who will spend one hour telling you how revolutionary the watch is and how great you are for buying it?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Barney Stinson would be proud

Oh I look damn good in a suit.

Yup. I'll go get a decent suit every 6 or so months. Old ones get relegated to "daily" status. I mean, once your closet is up to 5 full suits, you're pretty well set for most scenarios and all you need is a metric ton of shirts. 

A well tailored suit (that isn't styled with whatever is "hot" at the time) will last you years. 

The "fashionable" ones that change constantly are not what people with lots of money wear, because it's just a fad and a waste of money.

Oh and don't forget ties... lots of ties...

2 years tech support... probably how long the watch will remain useful before its antiquated and worth a fraction of its initial purchase price.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

So is the "2 year 24/7 tech support" spiel only for the "24/7" part or is that the only tech support they get for 2 years, period?

So is the "2 year 24/7 tech support" spiel only for the "24/7" part or is that the only tech support they get for 2 years, period?

That was all I could find in the article, but I believe that it is the 24/7 part

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

"They will let you cut the line and receive private consultations for up to one hour with a Apple Watch expert."

So one hour of marketing BS being forced down your throat by someone claiming to be a "Watch expert"...

For $10 000 I could take 6months off work :'(

Apple watch gold will just prove how stupid some rich people are and how even more stupid some "9 to 5 job" individuals are.

I can already see a wedding video on YouTube where couple exchanges apple gold watches instead if rings or where a guy proposes to his next fiancé with apple gold watch :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

"They will let you cut the line and receive private consultations for up to one hour with a Apple Watch expert."

So one hour of marketing BS being forced down your throat by someone claiming to be a "Watch expert"...

For $10 000 I could take 6months off work :'(

Apple watch gold will just prove how stupid some rich people are and how even more stupid some "9 to 5 job" individuals are.

I can already see a wedding video on YouTube where couple exchanges apple gold watches instead if rings or where a guy proposes to his next fiancé with apple gold watch :D

Bitter much? 

Rich people who can afford 10k on any watch already have several of them. Rich people spend differently. 10k to them is 10 dollars to us. Its an entirely different market. 

Rich people are stupid? Of course thats what people stuck in the rat race of life think. They think its all unfair, they can't grasp the idea that people be allowed to spend money how they wish. I mean, on this site where people advocate spending thousands on PCs alone for cosmetic purposes, but god forbid people spend money how they wish. 

Rich people don't care that things get outdated. They simply go and buy the newer version if it bothers them so much (hint: it doesn't)

God, the hate is truly outstanding. People here don't understand luxury goods or how they even sell. You all keep thinking in the "price to performance" metric, as if that actually matters to the kind of person who can afford something like this. 

Bitter much?

Rich people who can afford 10k on any watch already have several of them. Rich people spend differently. 10k to them is 10 dollars to us. Its an entirely different market.

Rich people are stupid? Of course thats what people stuck in the rat race of life think. They think its all unfair, they can't grasp the idea that people be allowed to spend money how they wish. I mean, on this site where people advocate spending thousands on PCs alone for cosmetic purposes, but god forbid people spend money how they wish.

Rich people don't care that things get outdated. They simply go and buy the newer version if it bothers them so much (hint: it doesn't)

God, the hate is truly outstanding. People here don't understand luxury goods or how they even sell. You all keep thinking in the "price to performance" metric, as if that actually matters to the kind of person who can afford something like this.

To me: whoever buys the apple watch is stupid. The gold used in them isn't even worth that much and watch themselves can be worth max $500 (because apple logo).

What I meant was that some rich people who buy the watch don't really know what they buying and will just toss the money around because they simply can.

Traditional watch look beautiful and will look and work the same next year and they don't need to be recharged so often.

Apple is not a luxury brand.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So, in essence, your paying ten grand for $1500ish worth of gold, some electronics that will become obsolete in a year and a half and a 2 year warranty worth 8 dollars. U MAD BRO?!

Dae lol apple is shit

- snip-

Who WOULDN'T feel like a complete douchebag skipping the line like that?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Who WOULDN'T feel like a complete douchebag skipping the line like that?

You feel like a douchebag when you have a reservation somewhere and get to skip the line of people who didn't make one? 

Really? That is what kids these days think constitutes being a douchebag? 

@Victorious Secret (sorry quote function isn't working for me atm)

That's one of the silliest comparisons I've heard... so you need to spend 10k to get a reservation at the apple store's counter? Seriously? Not only that, to actually get to spend the 10k you need to stay in line, and the NEXT time you want some apple product you get to skip the line... I don't know, I'd feel ostentatious and vain, as well as a bit silly for having dropped that much money on a smartwatch. I mean, at that point I might as well just go to a jewelry and get a watch that is ACTUALLY 10k in gold.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@Victorious Secret (sorry quote function isn't working for me atm) That's one of the silliest comparisons I've heard... so you need to spend 10k to get a reservation at the apple store's counter? Seriously? Not only that, to actually get to spend the 10k you need to stay in line, and the NEXT time you want some apple product you get to skip the line... I don't know, I'd feel ostentatious and vain, as well as a bit silly for having dropped that much money on a smartwatch. I mean, at that point I might as well just go to a jewelry and get a watch that is ACTUALLY 10k in gold.

Thats not how it works at all? 

You don't spend anything to make a reservation. You make the reservation to try on the device and actually make sure you want it, and it fits well, and you can actually use it. THEN you get to decide if you want to buy it. The reservation is placed for your device. Thats it. 

This is how it works for the Watch out of the gate. If you want to purchase one outright, you can especially online. But Apple is doing this so people actually get one on one time with a pricey product. This process is for the Edition and normal watches, Edition appointments simply get more time. 

How is this fucking rocket science to understand? Really? You're all getting this upset that Apple has implemented a less hectic way to ensure that people who want to, can look at watches before plunking down money? THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING YOU FROM LOOKING AT WATCHES IN STORE. There will still be displays. That isn't going away. These are just "I'd actually like to try it" appointments. 

I did the same with my iPhone. Made a reservation for what I wanted, went in and bought it. Thats it. Why do I give a shit that people are standing in line and didn't make a reservation? Why should I care? This isn't some secret "insiders only" appointment. Its for anyone who can conjure up the brainpower to make an appointment. 

You'd feel all these things, since with all due respect, you're not rich nor are you in the target market for the Edition. Given your "oh its Apple, lets shit on them without applying any sort of reading comprehension" attitude from the past, what more can I expect? 

Jesus, you guys must really be running out of reasons to hate on Apple if you're not crying about how theres a open reservation system for their products. 

It's probably only 2 years because that's how long Apple tends to support the product via updates, maybe not even that long. My guess is within the year, it will no longer be developed for as apple releases their second edition and everyone moves on, making their 10,000 watch obsolete from a smart-device perspective (obviously not from a watch perspective)

@Victorious Secret never mind, I misunderstood the situation. I thought they gave you line skipping abilities AFTER you had purchased the 10k watch.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

they are so absolutely full of themselves that its not even funny.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi