Win 8 - Having to disable adapters and re-enable to gain network access

thefatshizms
Go to solution Solved by obsidian1200,

Have you tried rolling back or updating your network drivers?

Also, in regards specifically to the network errors, are you getting a limited connection, represented by a yellow caution triangle on your network tray status icon? Or does it stop seeing networks completely, without giving you a local connection? If it's a limited connection, I would again try manually setting DNS settings, but try using the google DNS server (8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for alternate) instead, as this has resolved that error in the past. If you can, try setting a static IP on your PC and router too, just in case.

Everytime I startup windows 8 now I have to disable my network adapters and restart the computer due to it saying theres no network access. After restarting I re-enable the adapters and everything is fine. How can I fix this? It's becoming really annoying.

I had a similar issue to yours a while ago, the only way I could find to fix it was to reinstall windows which sucked, however it was slightly different as some aspects of my PC didn't work at all, Ethernet and on board audio died completely. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Everytime I startup windows 8 now I have to disable my network adapters and restart the computer due to it saying theres no network access. After restarting I re-enable the adapters and everything is fine. How can I fix this? It's becoming really annoying.

Can you find your way to the Network & Sharing Center, then on the left, click change adapter settings, go to the adapter properties,..and manually set your TCP/IPv4 settings.

The IP/Gateway/DNS , to see if the 'AUTO' detection function is screwing with you...

Example Image (Don't use these values, but your own)

Untitled.png

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I've only encounter problem like this with this adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704078

I also leave feedback over there (and my name became anonymous)

summary, if i press reset button on my case after boot up windows can't detect it

I have to unplug and plug it back, and it happen with all 4 same adapter

it doesn't matter which computer I've use this on, it will do same thing.

but then again, the adapter it self is ok, no problem, I can get 150mbps it only become problems when someone except me reset the computer, and I just have to wait someone yell "hey the internet isn't working, please fix it"

Can you find your way to the Network & Sharing Center, then on the left, click change adapter settings, go to the adapter properties,..and manually set your TCP/IPv4 settings.

The IP/Gateway/DNS , to see if the 'AUTO' detection function is screwing with you...

Example Image (Don't use these values, but your own)

Untitled.png

Just tried that, didn't seem to help.

I've only encounter problem like this with this adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704078

I also leave feedback over there (and my name became anonymous)

summary, if i press reset button on my case after boot up windows can't detect it

I have to unplug and plug it back, and it happen with all 4 same adapter

it doesn't matter which computer I've use this on, it will do same thing.

but then again, the adapter it self is ok, no problem, I can get 150mbps it only become problems when someone except me reset the computer, and I just have to wait someone yell "hey the internet isn't working, please fix it"

I'm connected via Ethernet, the hub is about 30cm away from the computer.

Reinstalling the operating system is a no-go. I don't have time to reinstall things and back everything up right now.

Also, in regards specifically to the network errors, are you getting a limited connection, represented by a yellow caution triangle on your network tray status icon? Or does it stop seeing networks completely, without giving you a local connection? If it's a limited connection, I would again try manually setting DNS settings, but try using the google DNS server (8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for alternate) instead, as this has resolved that error in the past. If you can, try setting a static IP on your PC and router too, just in case.

I'll try doing that now. Yes, it shows as a limited connection and has the yellow caution triangle. I'll take a look into google dns now.

Just to update you, changing my dns to google seemed to work! Thanks. :)