Titan Black The Pockit Rockit.

ALXAndy

Update. Well, actually rather not.

For the past few days I've not been feeling so well so I've decided not to take on anything stressful. As such the project has sort of sat still. Since posting last though I have put down another coat on the grill and I'm very happy with that and I've painted all of the screw heads that hold it on. Sadly painting screw heads with spray paint is a bit of a sod and they're going to need doing by hand if I want them to look right.

Just watching the Manc derby right now, later this afternoon I will sort the screw heads out and with any luck I can get it finished tomorrow. All I will need to do once they're painted is clean everything thoroughly, then bolt them on and cut off the excess with a dremel.

Then I can move onto sorting out the hard drive covers, and crack out the plotter again.

So more to come soon :)

Soon...

It should be later on today. In a way I regret posting the last pics I did because it just looks like ass. I should have cleaned it before assembling but couldn't be assed = my moods.

Just hoping the enthusiasm comes back as forcing myself to do it will only end in tears lol.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Screw head japes...

Basically I have been using Smoothrite spray paint that seems to be very heavily oil based and takes 24 hours before it stops being sticky. That means that I can only really put down a meaningful coat every day which has slowed me greatly. Can't say I'm enamoured with it but it has put a nice coat on the grill. The screw heads however? well even after three coats you could still see the primer coming through.

DSC00728.jpg

And after one coat of model paint using a cotton bud (Q tip to you yanks)

DSC00730.jpg

Normally I would not become so caught up in tiny little details like this but I want it to be right.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

And done.

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

Update. Now that the side was finished I can concentrate my efforts on the rest. So today I took the floor of the case that I removed at the start and test fitted the two intake fans to it.

1_zpspey1kzzm.jpg

And the other side, still masked.

2_zpsiwzsrm1f.jpg

Then braided the fans. I decided on light green and silver grey.

3_zpswoxmoqdi.jpg

Then cut a notch so the wires can come into the case.

4_zpspbqnvgz6.jpg

Clean and assemble.

5_zpswy5nhrlu.jpg

And the other side.

6_zps1csucimu.jpg

In case you have forgotten how the case works here is a shot of it assembled, and I've pointed to where they go.

cooltek3_zpstgkasxrq.jpg

So now I have something similar to Silverstone's rotated cases with pure intake at the bottom. I know the GPU will block a lot of the air but it's the GPU I am concerned about temp wise in such a small box.

As for the fans? well I have ordered one of these. This will be the main connector for all of the fans I connect.

distro_zpsjs8zltsi.jpg

I will most likely fit a 7 volt resistor to the 12v molex line that feeds it. I used one in X8 White Lightning and it worked brilliantly, allowing me to do a nice job of the fan wires.

And it was time to put the case back together.

DSC00746_zpsuvh2jtey.jpg

I made a bit of a booboo, though. The relief hole I cut was in the wrong side and it turns out it didn't need one. Stupid = me. However along that part there are a couple of ugly screw holes I want nothing to do with so I am going to cut a piece of acrylic and cover the side up. Any way, here she is all put back together. In my old age I very, very rarely ever get excited over PC hardware any more but I must say I'm very happy with how this turned out.

DSC00747_zps7hiw3to1.jpg

The case is pretty much done now other than the cover I need to make and the hard drive rack I want. The case comes with two mounts for drives but I want two on the floor so I am going to make an acrylic floor panel with vents in to allow the air to the drives.

I am sending the cables away tomorrow to a company who are going to be braiding the entire PSU end to end.

Then it's pretty much just building the thing and she will be ready to game on :D

Just sent the cables away to Shakmods.

Also sent colour samples, so they're on their way !

Woohoo !!

Wow I think the effort was more than worth it :D props to u  man ! (Y)

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Just testing to make sure everything fits. Cue moment of utter panic when I couldn't get the GPU in and realised the PSU must be removed for it to fit. Phew ! I thought I had wasted £600 !!!

DSC00754_zpshuxxygoq.jpg

Next up I need to make a stand for two 2.5" drives to go in the bottom and make the cover panels for the rest. Can't believe the cooler actually fits in there !

Cable's look a little messy dontcha think? I dont blame you, not much space for management, and not final product.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Cable's look a little messy dontcha think? I dont blame you, not much space for management, and not final product.

Don't worry about that dude. Once everything is fitted I have a few cover panels that will cover pretty much everything but the GPU.

Here, look at this example pic I just made up in Photoshop.

cp%20idea_zpsqp90ilid.jpg

Should give you a rough idea of what I am planning. I have loads of acrylic left over from the DFI project that never got finished and plenty of vinyl :)

Don't worry about that dude. Once everything is fitted I have a few cover panels that will cover pretty much everything but the GPU.

Here, look at this example pic I just made up in Photoshop.

Should give you a rough idea of what I am planning. I have loads of acrylic left over from the DFI project that never got finished and plenty of vinyl :)

Green panels are too shocking. Least dark green so you dont hurt your eyes. Black would be better :P I prefer the green color as an accent, its there but in a few places not one of a major colors

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Green panels are too shocking. Least dark green so you dont hurt your eyes. Black would be better :P I prefer the green color as an accent, its there but in a few places not one of a major colors

lol you numpty it won't look anything like that ! that was just the colour I had set for when I draw using Photoshop, green background makes it easier to clean parts up !

It's just a scribbled down indicator to show you what sort of cover panels I'll be making. The end design will be in black, silver and green, all to match the GPU. That's the idea here dude the whole rig is a tribute to the Titan colours.

Just got an email from the guy who is making my cables.

image2_zpsmvk1d8ry.jpeg

image1_zpsiyvbuzc0.jpeg

Is it wrong to be jealous of you right now? Of course not.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Titan is still a decent card, people on the bleeding edge will sell older titans pretty cheap from time to time. Still a neat build :D

Titan is still a decent card, people on the bleeding edge will sell older titans pretty cheap from time to time. Still a neat build :D

Yeah you can pick up an original Titan for around £300 now. The Titan Black is better than the 980 for a few reasons but most notably 6gb VRAM and a far wider memory bus. This allows them to work amazingly well in SLI (which I run in my main rig).

The only card out there that's truly better than the Titan Black is Titan X. And we all know what that costs..

My main aim here is to cram as much power into a tiny shell as I can. Spending any more would be pointless I would rather put it into my main rig.

Very nice sleeving, when do you hope to get them?

Shakmods. They're a UK company on Ebay. Total charge was £75 which I'm more than happy with. He basically charged me the price of extensions, even though some of the cables are 45cm long.

OK so today I got more done. First of all here is the hard drive mount that holds the two 2.5" drives. It originally only held one, but I made some plates from acrylic.

DSC00757_zpslczhbjnm.jpg

I will obviously be painting the screw heads in black. OK so next up I needed two cover panels for the rig. One is to cover where I accidentally cut out for cable relief, the other is a general cover panel which will hide all of the messy wiring. So mark.

DSC00758_zps2whbqlj1.jpg

DSC00759_zpswtaluady.jpg

And then cut.

DSC00764_zpsqtjlqcto.jpg

DSC00763_zpserxrp0x4.jpg

They will be covered maybe later on today. Then I can set up the plotter and do all of the graphics :)

The cables came back today :)

DSC00773_zpsilpdjwjz.jpg

And here was the rig with the cover panels in.

DSC00770_zpsdz6mudfm.jpg

Sadly about two seconds after I took that shot the larger one fell out, hit the floor and snapped in two. I have made another one that I think looks better but I was all out of silver dinoc so I had to cover it in green. It's not a problem as it will follow the colour scheme :)

OK so I started the build today.

DSC00777.jpg

PCIE power

DSC00778.jpg

And then....

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

Thanks. It's all set up now and installing 180 updates lmao.