Fan recommendation.

Nosfy

Hey dudes.

So I have a H440 case with a black & white themed build. As you probably know the H440 comes with some white fans installed.

Would you recommend replacing those? If so what would you recommend bearing in mind the theme. (so no noctuas)? 

Thanks.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

The corsair air series have a replace ring that looks pretty hot (or cool really) and are quite good as well. 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Hey dudes.

So I have a H440 case with a black & white themed build. As you probably know the H440 comes with some white fans installed.

Would you recommend replacing those? If so what would you recommend bearing in mind the theme. (so no noctuas)? 

Thanks.

Are you referring to the 3 x front intake fan? I would strongly recommend Noctua fan for those due to the very restricted airflow. Noctua have really good static and airflow balance. At least on paper those numbers are better then most of the rest of the fan.

Unless you are telling me you are going to operate the case without the front panel then maybe it will affect your theme. If not, no 1 can sees the different in color anyway. Just my thots.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Be quiet silent wings or any of their fans that are AF optimized.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Are you referring to the 3 x front intake fan? I would strongly recommend Noctua fan for those due to the very restricted airflow. Noctua have really good static and airflow balance. At least on paper those numbers are better then most of the rest of the fan.

Unless you are telling me you are going to operate the case without the front panel then maybe it will affect your theme. If not, no 1 can sees the different in color anyway. Just my thots.

When you say restricted airflow do you mean due to the front panel? Ive removed all the HDD bays so there is literally nothing in the way.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Be quiet silent wings or any of their fans that are AF optimized.

Ill check these out.

When you say restricted airflow do you mean due to the front panel? Ive removed all the HDD bays so there is literally nothing in the way.

Not the HDD bays. Is the front panel / cover. If you take a look, only the gaps by the right side and under the front panel / cover allow for air to be in. So the available slots / gaps / spaces for the air intake are pretty limited. From your profile, if you live in the UK should not be that much of a issue (Country not really hot like 365 days a year). For me (Singapore), our weather are not that kind, so for my own PC my temps are really high compared to the rest.

Basically for now after I change to 4K monitor, I literally needs to open up the left window panel whenever I'm playing games for long hours (more than 1.5 to 2 hours). If I didn't open it, com will restart due to high temps. :( fml.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Not the HDD bays. Is the front panel / cover. If you take a look, only the gaps by the right side and under the front panel / cover allow for air to be in. So the available slots / gaps / spaces for the air intake are pretty limited. From your profile, if you live in the UK should not be that much of a issue (Country not really hot like 365 days a year). For me (Singapore), our weather are not that kind, so for my own PC my temps are really high compared to the rest.

Basically for now after I change to 4K monitor, I literally needs to open up the left window panel whenever I'm playing games for long hours (more than 1.5 to 2 hours). If I didn't open it, com will restart due to high temps. :( fml.

Fair enough. Still rather have your warm weather than my shitty rain and cold. So with the Notcua fans, which model would you recommend there are a few different models.

My 290x peaks at 88 C xD

(SINGAPORE WOOOOOOOOO)

WTF YOU HAVE 2 290x IN SG? You cray cray xD

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Fair enough. Still rather have your warm weather than my shitty rain and cold. So with the Notcua fans, which model would you recommend there are a few different models.

Was looking at the NF-F12 iPPC-2000 as I would be connecting it to the fan hub (without much control), therefore I didn't go for the PWM version. Plus the thing is mainly black. I know I wont get to see it often unless I open the front panel, but come on, the normal ones are fully brown. That I cannot take it. Haha. 

My 290x peaks at 88 C xD

(SINGAPORE WOOOOOOOOO)

WTF YOU HAVE 2 290x IN SG? You cray cray xD

I know right. That's why now if I game, I need to open up my side panel and heat up my whole room. It's either whole room hot or play for 1 hour or so (after that auto restart PC). :( FML.

On my defense, I'm playing on 4K monitor, so I need 2 x 290x. If not I will be playing like 20fps or so I think. Ok, maybe 30fps, not sure thou.

Spoiler

Was looking at the NF-F12 iPPC-2000 as I would be connecting it to the fan hub (without much control), therefore I didn't go for the PWM version. Plus the thing is mainly black. I know I wont get to see it often unless I open the front panel, but come on, the normal ones are fully brown. That I cannot take it. Haha. 

I know right. That's why now if I game, I need to open up my side panel and heat up my whole room. It's either whole room hot or play for 1 hour or so (after that auto restart PC). :( FML.

On my defense, I'm playing on 4K monitor, so I need 2 x 290x. If not I will be playing like 20fps or so I think. Ok, maybe 30fps, not sure thou.

I know man why do they have to make them brown. Everyone always recommends them but they look awful.

How is 4k? 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I know man why do they have to make them brown. Everyone always recommends them but they look awful.

Yah. That's why the only model I could barely accept will be the ones I recommended you. At least they are not that brown ... Better than nothing I guess. Haha.

How is 4k? 

Awesome. No joke. Even when I play DOTA 2 (They don't required a lot of GPU power plus graphic normal), not sure is it just me but the graphic seems to be MUCH MUCH better when compared to 1080p (even when all settings are the same only the resolution is different). Basically in another words is that making my whole room hot is totally worth it. 

Spoiler