PC Freeze during streaming

HI LTT members,

since a while my PC tends to completely freeze whenver I try to stream games. This tends to happen sometimes within 10 minutes of streaming and otherwise it can take over 5-6 hours to just crash within an instant. During streams I tend to monitor my hardware due to earlier weird crashes which never really got solved till a full Windows reinstall. When the PC freezes it will show still the last thing that was on screen. For example, GRID Autosport and on my right screen the websites + monitor tools I had open. Including all the last data ofcourse.

Also the G19 LCD will be stuck on the latest thing shown. The weird part is, this only happens during streaming. When I stream I use OBS with Intel Quick Sync, though whenever switching to X264 it won't change a thing. The PC will still randomly freeze.

For some specific OBS info and things I have a link to a similar thread of me there: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/pc-freezes-often-when-streaming.26539/

Specs:

* CPU: Intel I7-4770K @4.4Ghz 
* CPU: Cooler Master EVO 212 (double fans) 
* GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 6GB SLI 
* Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero 
* RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 1600Mhz 16GB 
* HDD: 1TB @ 7200RPM + 1TB 7200RPM + 2 TB @7200RPM + 2TB @7200RPM 
* SSD: Samsung 120 GB 840 EVO 
* SSD: Samsung 250 GB 840 
* Case: Enermax Fulmo GT 

As I had in the past a similar kind of issue I am starting to get worried that there is either CPU or Mobo damage though there is nothing physical to find. The GPU's already got replaced with the courtesy of EVGA after some chatting with the helpdesk. Though after that replacement the issue back then persisted. As said, a Windows reinstall did the job at the end. I do have to add, back then the PC would just crash because it could. No matter what I was doing. This time however, it is only during streaming and streaming only.

If there's more info I need to provide I'd do this gladly.

I did run memtest86, stuff like aida64 etc as I was once recommended. PC did not crash during these tests. Thinking this might be OBS related. Despite that, I am asking help to clear things up :)

Sincerely,

TheGamingLawNL

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

bump

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

you could also stress test the gpu's if you haven't done that already... i haven't used obs but could it be that sli breaks it or something?

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Try dialing your OC a little down, and see if it helps. Sometimes problems come from a close to stable OC.

When in doubt: C4