Which Quiet Power supply should I get?

TJ8

Hey there I am going to be upgrading my PC very soon with a new Case and PSU, then down the track do mobo + cpu + cooler. 

Currently I am running a Thermaltake litepower 700w PSU (no certification) and it makes a few bits of noise and the cables are horrriiblee.

I am not on any sort of budget and I was looking at the Corsair AX 760W with it's really nice cables and sleeves, 7Y warranty and its 80+ Platinum. However one problem I saw was that it's noise ramps up quite a bit under load. (around or above 50dB)

I am going for a more silent PC and this may be too audible for my liking.

What is a excellent power supply that is around the 750W with beatiful sleeving that is as quiet as you can get it?

Remember I have no budget. 

What is a excellent power supply that is around the 750W with beatiful sleeving that is as quiet as you can get it?

XFX XTR http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1750bbefx

or EVGA G2 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

Both of which have custom sleeving available, as well as silent fan mode and quiet fans under load. 

Depending on your specs you may not need 750W, if you're under 520 then there's a completely silent Seasonic. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss520fl

"Rawr XD"

Hey there I am going to be upgrading my PC very soon with a new Case and PSU, then down the track do mobo + cpu + cooler.

Currently I am running a Thermaltake litepower 700w PSU (no certification) and it makes a few bits of noise and the cables are horrriiblee.

I am not on any sort of budget and I was looking at the Corsair AX 760W with it's really nice cables and sleeves, 7Y warranty and its 80+ Platinum. However one problem I saw was that it's noise ramps up quite a bit under load. (around or above 50dB)

Rm750.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Someone correct me if this is a bad suggestion, but maybe something from be quiet!?

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I have a EVGA SuperNova G2 750W   

fan never spins on eco mode

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

XFX XTR http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1750bbefx

or EVGA G2 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

Both of which have custom sleeving available, as well as silent fan mode and quiet fans under load. 

Depending on your specs you may not need 750W, if you're under 520 then there's a completely silent Seasonic. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss520fl

I know my system could easily be ran on a 600W or even a good 550W but that is not what I am going for. Also the cables on that seasonic one are gross!

I would prefer a 700W or a 750W due to the available future upgrade of SLI or something when DX12 is out, also just the reassurance that I have a great quality power supply that is not using it's full power. 

The Corsair RM series is really good, but I've heard that some of them have annoying coil whine problems. Something from 'be quiet!' would also be an excellent bet, but much more expensive and not as many retailers carry them.

MY BUILD LOG

Instagram: @enz0man

I know my system could easily be ran on a 600W or even a good 550W but that is not what I am going for. Also the cables on that seasonic one are gross!

I would prefer a 700W or a 750W due to the available future upgrade of SLI or something when DX12 is out, also just the reassurance that I have a great quality power supply that is not using it's full power. 

The cables on the Seasonic and AX760 are the same... they're actually the same PSU platform, and the cables between those two can actually be interchanged. 

However again for 750W two great options still stand, the XFX XTR and EVGA 750G2.

"Rawr XD"

The Corsair RM series is really good, but I've heard that some of them have annoying coil whine problems. 

Not just coil whine. Don't get an RM.

"Rawr XD"

The cables on the Seasonic and AX760 are the same... they're actually the same PSU platform, and the cables between those two can actually be interchanged. 

However again for 750W two great options still stand, the XFX XTR and EVGA 750G2.

I was refering to that 520W seasonic one, not the 760, and yes I know they are both made by Seasonic but the Corsair comes with 7Y warranty and much easier to deal with in Australia.

I will have to check if EVGA is even available in Australia because I have a hunch that PSU is not D:

Edit: Nope, my wholesalers can only get the 1000W EVGA PSUs and they also cannot get XFX at all (I work for a retail and repair store so I have access to wholesalers :P )

Can anyone recommend a very good BeQuiet! PSU?

None of those computer stores are near me plus I do not want to order online. Also in my previous post I put I get my stuff from wholesalers and they said they have difficulty getting EVGA stuff and cannot get XFX at all. All those stores that partpicker shows are online or halfway across australia. 

None of those computer stores are near me plus I do not want to order online. Also in my previous post I put I get my stuff from wholesalers and they said they have difficulty getting EVGA stuff and cannot get XFX at all. All those stores that partpicker shows are online or halfway across australia. 

What options are available from your local stores?

"Rawr XD"

What options are available from your local stores?

Well I work at my own store so we just order whatever customers need and within 12 hours we have it in our hands. We do keep stock of things but nothing too expensive because are a small business. 

Pretty much all Corsair stuff is available, Silverstone, Coolmaster, Thermaltake, Antec. The rest of the PSU companies are hard to get stuff, or even at all. I will have to double check Be Quiet! though, I think there is only very limited ones we can get of those. 

Other stores around me are umart, msy and ourselves (msy is the worst place you can go to everyone hates them for services, even google it. also they have been fined $203,000 a few years back for false advertising and not following consumer law)

BeQuiet! PSUs are some of my favorite units. Same with Seasonic. Any of their platinum units are really quiet and extremely well built.

I avoid Corsair now. Once bitten twice shy.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.