Cyber Power PC's Syber Vapor. Any thoughts?

So I am thinking of buying a new gaming rig for my small apartment. With that, I cannot fit a full/mid sized tower, that's why I thought of using mini ITXs. 

So far, my last two choices are Alienware Alpha and this, Syber Vapor.

At first, I was cool with Alpha, but the unupgradeable GPU is a deal breaker. That's why I thought of using a Syber Vapor. 

I was hoping to get actual reviews here (not the clearly idiotic or paid ones; just your honest opinions hehe), especially on the thermal/heat aspect (i.e. does this over heat because of its form factor, etc.).

Price isn't that important, as long as it is within reason, of course :)

Thank you!!!

P.S. I was thinking of building my own, but I cannot risk getting something wrong. If someone would be willing to help, that would be great. But again, I'm fine with paying a bit extra for the pre-built ones. 

Looking at the machine, it seems fine. Not too bad for the money and it's a competent gaming machine. Temps should be kept in control as well, probably not as good as a normal mid-tower, but that's to be expected. Price isn't important so long as I keep it within reason? Okay. Are you just gaming, or gaming and editing videos/images? That can determine what I will put together for a custom option. What resolution are you playing at as well?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

build your own dude so much more fun!

^^^ this

plus you feel more accomplished once you get to game on something you built, usually for less money and more performance than a prebuilt.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

its pretty cool dude and totally worth it to learn the skills on how to :) its really really easy and servicing your own pc is a lot more simple all aroun in many ways.

askdjfasdf

Looking at the machine, it seems fine. Not too bad for the money and it's a competent gaming machine. Temps should be kept in control as well, probably not as good as a normal mid-tower, but that's to be expected. Price isn't important so long as I keep it within reason? Okay. Are you just gaming, or gaming and editing videos/images? That can determine what I will put together for a custom option. What resolution are you playing at as well?

Casual gaming. Usually play the whole weekend, and very rarely on the weekdays. Oh, and I edit videos/images occasionally. 

I play at 1080 at 60 fps. If that cannot be achieved, I just bump the game down to 720. 60 fps is the priority but I really really really want 1080 at 60 fps max settings hihi :D 

or we could give you specs to build one :P

As I have said in the post, I prefer pre-built ones. To give you my context, I'm from the Philippines, and parts here are usually 20-40% more expensive compared to US or Canada prices.

With that, I am planning to ask relatives/friends from said countries to buy the pre-built one and take it with them when they are going back to the Philippines.

The problem is when one of the parts are deffective or the build isn't compatible with each other, it will be really hard to send back and get a replacement. 

I tried building my own which is a bit cheaper, but as I have said, it is hard to send back if something goes wrong. 

But sure, gimme the specs hahaha. 

^^^ this

plus you feel more accomplished once you get to game on something you built, usually for less money and more performance than a prebuilt.

but based on the Syber Vapor order page, everything is basically customizable, it's only the chasis that you cannot change. :)

Casual gaming. Usually play the whole weekend, and very rarely on the weekdays. Oh, and I edit videos/images occasionally. 

I play at 1080 at 60 fps. If that cannot be achieved, I just bump the game down to 720. 60 fps is the priority but I really really really want 1080 at 60 fps max settings hihi :D

Sounds fine. I'd recommend the following if you're up for the (fairly easy) task of building yourself:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($193.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Silverstone ML07B HTPC Case  ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $908.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-29 23:12 EDT-0400

This build is fairly easy to put together, and should play games at 1080p 60FPS for a fair amount of time. You can augment the cost by doing certain things, say downgrading the GPU to a GTX 960 or upgrading the SSD to a 256GB model. I thought personally that this setup would offer the best bang for your buck while not being completely overkill. Keep the blower-design GPU, it exhausts all of it's air out of the back, which is important for a small form factor rig.

If you don't want to (and I understand that you may not), you can get the Syber Vapor. It seems fine for what it is, and should perform fine.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

So I am thinking of buying a new gaming rig for my small apartment. With that, I cannot fit a full/mid sized tower, that's why I thought of using mini ITXs. 

So far, my last two choices are Alienware Alpha and this, Syber Vapor.

At first, I was cool with Alpha, but the unupgradeable GPU is a deal breaker. That's why I thought of using a Syber Vapor. 

I was hoping to get actual reviews here (not the clearly idiotic or paid ones; just your honest opinions hehe), especially on the thermal/heat aspect (i.e. does this over heat because of its form factor, etc.).

Price isn't that important, as long as it is within reason, of course :)

Thank you!!!

P.S. I was thinking of building my own, but I cannot risk getting something wrong. If someone would be willing to help, that would be great. But again, I'm fine with paying a bit extra for the pre-built ones. 

If the PC arrives in a decent condition then it might be ok. But I must warn you about this company. They do not stand behind their products and if something goes wrong you are damned. They simply do not care about their customers after building it which is reflected in their BBB rating. When they do arrive in perfect condition however, they are not bad.

If you would look at a few reviews, they might scare you into building your own. Building your own probably has a lower failure rate than any Cyber Power PC product.

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

If the PC arrives in a decent condition then it might be ok. But I must warn you about this company. They do not stand behind their products and if something goes wrong you are damned. They simply do not care about their customers after building it which is reflected in their BBB rating. When they do arrive in perfect condition however, they are not bad.

If you would look at a few reviews, they might scare you into building your own. Building your own probably has a lower failure rate than any Cyber Power PC product.

Sorry, what are BBB ratings? I'm a noob xD

Anyway, thank you for the response! :) 

Sounds fine. I'd recommend the following if you're up for the (fairly easy) task of building yourself:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($193.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Silverstone ML07B HTPC Case  ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $908.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-29 23:12 EDT-0400

This build is fairly easy to put together, and should play games at 1080p 60FPS for a fair amount of time. You can augment the cost by doing certain things, say downgrading the GPU to a GTX 960 or upgrading the SSD to a 256GB model. I thought personally that this setup would offer the best bang for your buck while not being completely overkill. Keep the blower-design GPU, it exhausts all of it's air out of the back, which is important for a small form factor rig.

If you don't want to (and I understand that you may not), you can get the Syber Vapor. It seems fine for what it is, and should perform fine.

Actually, I tried making draft builds before posting, and I had made something similar. 

But what I'm really looking for is more responses towards Syber Vapor or the company itself. Like how do they take care of their customers if the products they sent are deffective, etc. 

Either way, thank you very much for the response. Am now thinking of just buying the graphics card elsewhere (probably in the US cause it's way cheaper compared to here in the Philippines) and just build everything else.

Thanks again! :D

Sorry, what are BBB ratings? I'm a noob xD

Anyway, thank you for the response! :)

BBB is the Better Buisness Bureau. They are a non-profit that tries to improve customer support. They rate companies based on their customer support performance. Often if you have a problem with a company, you can submit a complaint to the BBB and they oversee the problem resolution. Cyber Power PC does not respond well to complaints if they do at all, hence the former F rating of Cyber Power PC.

Edit: I just checked and I see they have pulled up their rating to an A+. Im pretty sure they used to be somwhere between a D-F Their sister site iBuyPower has a still low rating of C.

If you look around on the internet you will see a ton of horror stories concerning these two companies, yet some stories suggest a great customer friendly company. I recommend you stay away from these types of companies.

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

BBB is the Better Buisness Bureau. They are a non-profit that tries to improve customer support. They rate companies based on their customer support performance. Often if you have a problem with a company, you can submit a complaint to the BBB and they oversee the problem resolution. Cyber Power PC does not respond well to complaints if they do at all, hence the former F rating of Cyber Power PC.

Edit: I just checked and I see they have pulled up their rating to an A+. Im pretty sure they used to be somwhere between a D-F Their sister site iBuyPower has a still low rating of C.

If you look around on the internet you will see a ton of horror stories concerning these two companies, yet some stories suggest a great customer friendly company. I recommend you stay away from these types of companies.

Alright, noted. Thanks again! :)

Alright, noted. Thanks again! :)

Glad I could help. 

Concerning airflow, Mini ITX cases usually have enough airflow for your case. IF you really are concerned about airflow for them, you should make sure to get a Nvidia GPU since those dont burn your house down while running unlike AMD cards (slight exaggeration). 

Digital storm is a great company that has a mini ITX gaming pc. They offer a great price (compared to other pre-builts) at a great quality. They are only ~100 above the price you would pay if you built it yourself.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/eclipse.asp

Great customer service and great pricing/quality. I thoroughly recommend them.

Glad I could help. 

Concerning airflow, Mini ITX cases usually have enough airflow for your case. IF you really are concerned about airflow for them, you should make sure to get a Nvidia GPU since those dont burn your house down while running unlike AMD cards (slight exaggeration). 

Digital storm is a great company that has a mini ITX gaming pc. They offer a great price (compared to other pre-builts) at a great quality. They are only ~100 above the price you would pay if you built it yourself.

Damn tho, 1200usd for an i5 gtx970 8gb ram. Guess I'll just push my luck with my build haha. 

Glad I could help. 

This is my build tho, care to comment? :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/wfalgui/saved/crMrxr