how often does guild wars 2 go on sale

pixeldensity

So my friend said that he has been playing guild wars 2 for a little while now and that I should buy the game too and join him. However, we both agreed that I should buy it when it goes on sale. I know there was a sale some while ago where it dropped to around 10 bucks.

How often does guild wars 2 go on sale and is there a upcoming sale on the game coming up soon?

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

It was on sale during this https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/limited-time-offer-save-75-on-guildwars2-through-march8/.

I don't believe of there being an upcoming sale however, but you may be able to buy it second hand off like G2A.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

So my friend said that he has been playing guild wars 2 for a little while now and that I should buy the game too and join him. However, we both agreed that I should buy it when it goes on sale. I know there was a sale some while ago where it dropped to around 10 bucks.

How often does guild wars 2 go on sale and is there a upcoming sale on the game coming up soon?

Do not quote this as exact, but I normally notice it goes on sale give or take every 6 months.

It goes on sale every few months. There is an expansion coming soon, so you can bet it will go on sale again to ensure more people buy the expansion. Give it a month or so, and it will probably go on sale again.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

i'm tempted to buy it from G2A since the lowest price on the 3rd person seller is around 25 bucks. Is that the price that guild wars 2 usually goes down to on sales with the exception of the recent one

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

I saw it for 10 USD only about a month ago, it was in anticipation of the first showing off of The HoT expansion at some event (cannot remember which so meh) , but it does tend to go on sale fairly often as far as I can tell about every 3 months or so. As to how exactly HoT will effect the next time it goes on sale I am unsure, that will most likely depend on how they plan to release HoT (free add on, own price, what the price would be, ect.)

Man.  You missed it. It was on sale for 10$ a few weeks ago when they were trying to promote their expansion pack.  As far as i know they don't do sale very often.