Opinion for next giveaway

AlexWJD

Quick opinion for the next giveaways, could it be reasonable to make a rule of the participating users to have a minimum number of posts? Because I know some really great community member's here whom are stuck on 8400GT's and would benefit more from a HOF GTX 980 than a guy with one post and no profile pic. 

Cheers,

Alex :)

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Get over it.

Linus isn't gonna restrict the giveaway to only part of the fanbase and restrict new people from joining the community from giveaways. 

Giveaways are used for getting more followers not just for charity. 

System: Thinkpad T460

Then the spam comes.

Might as well make a giveaway for supporters only (Those who have a donation badge)

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

1.2 mil people on youtube

150k people on the forums

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well the giveaway was an effective way of generating interest and traffic for LMG expanding onto Vessel rather than being focused on rewarding people who signed up to the LTT forum prior to the announcement.

Whilst rewarding loyalty is always a nice thing to do, I don't think people spend time on the forum answering (quite honestly extremely repetitive) questions from people in the hopes of getting a pat on the head or a 980 in the post. 

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Giveaways are done to raise awareness of the channel, not to thank viewers.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Get over it.

Linus isn't gonna restrict the giveaway to only part of the fanbase and restrict new people from joining the community from giveaways. 

Giveaways are used for getting more followers not just for charity. 

Part of a giveaway he did last year (?) was only for forum members with a certain amount of posts or something like that.

Part of a giveaway he did last year (?) was only for forum members with a certain amount of posts or something like that.

Wasn't there for that....

But that seems to be common explanation for when people ask this question.

System: Thinkpad T460