Star Wars Battlefront: Official Infographic confirmations on Episode

TwistedDictator

Are they really just calling it Battlefront?  Because, you know, we already have that one.

yes, they said it wasn't 3 because they wanted it to feel new and not a sequel, as to sticking with battlefront, probably due to how much fans wanted another game

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Are they really just calling it Battlefront? Because, you know, we already have that one.

It's a really bad habit of EA and cause of needless confusion. In 2010 they released a game called need for speed; hot pursuit. We are expected to forget that the name is already taken by their 1998 game... which is weird for old nfs players as I'm sure this is to old battlefront players.

Its never too late. You can watch the 1st and 2nd episode :) It is pretty good

As in A New Hope and Empire strikes back right? i would hope no one recommends people watch the prequels first

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I think it's really lame that they're not going to set it with episode 7 content...

This also implies that the game won't have clone wars era content either, which was present in the original two games.

Well, that just lowered my expectations from "Maybe it will be fun." to "It's probably going to suck."

Yeah, considering battlefront 2 had campaigns covering all of the different eras and allowed you to fight on any side of your choosing this seems like a big step down. I sadly have to agree with you, this has lowered my expectations as well.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I am so damn hyped for this game that words cannot express it. Hell, if it's A re-skinned BF4 I wouldn't care too much. AS LONG AS THEY DO SPACE BATTLES RIGHT.

I like the clone wars era the best

Me too :P

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Like we didn't already knew that battlefront was going to take place in around a new hope/empire strikes back (I mean, have you seen the teaser trailer..). The only thing it probably confirms is that there won't be any clone wars battles :(

And why make a infographic and don't make it complete. Where are all the other games? Jedi knight, Jedi acadamy, that podracer game... :P.

First off, how is it possible that there are people on a tech forum that haven't seen Star Wars, let alone not be huge fans of the series? (At least the original trilogy) I am quite excited for this game. I loved the previous Battlefront games and I'm sure this will be good. Fortunately, we don't have to worry too much about EA pulling and M.E. 3 error because if you're playing this game, you already know the ending of the story! If you don't and the ending is inconclusive, there should be no bitching, just watch the dang movies. Personally I'm not too upset the clone wars aren't being added to the game, that's just extra programming that goes towards an era of the series that most people don't actually like thanks to the movies. I'm hoping that the lack of  Clone Wars content will mean that the original trilogy content will be all that much better! BTW any know if they have recommended settings posted somewhere out there yet? I haven't been able to find any. I want to make sure my rig is capable of running this as best it can.

it was yesterday

Some people never hated it. It is just the hate out shined the love.

And in response, I'm sure that there are some people who don't have at least some wounds from EA but for there are PLENTY of people out there who do. Personally, I hate that I spent a bunch of money to get the BF3 game early to get some of the extra's only to find out I had to pay a butt ton more to get the DLC (addtionally running promos to get people to buy the game later by making the whole BF3 package with all the DLC cost what I had to pay for just the original content but then charging me full price for the DLC). And let's not forget to mention their rushing to get the game out which made the first month or so unplayable for most of the people who paid to get it at release. Furthermore, they make DLC before the game is even released and give you the option to purchase it IN GAME (IE Dragon Age)! That is just greedy! Why not give us the bigger, better game right from the get go?