Trouble loading youtube videos

Inception9269

So, I've been having serious issues when it comes to youtube videos.

For a long time now, with firefox it wouldn't show videos from youtube on other sites at all (what I mean by that is, as an example, if i went to a yahoo news article page that had a youtube video embedded in it, the video wouldn't show at all). but if I use Chrome the videos show up like they're supposed to.

That's one of the problems, but for the past 2 days or so I've been having serious issues with youtube entirely. Videos (on the actual youtube site) would not load at all, regardless of what browser i use. I would have to refresh the page half a dozen times, close and reopen the browser, or close all browsers entirely and reopen everything, and maybe they would load.

I have no idea why this is happening, i tried both Firefox and Chrome, I have my java and adobe up to date (just updated them now and it still doesn't work)

I have webroot, malwarebytes, and ccleaner and they don't show any problems.

And it isn't my internet speed or anything, I always have 20-40mb speed.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

anyone?

I believe YouTube still uses Flash by default.  Chrome may have been working for you because Chrome has Flash built in.  Perhaps you just need to install the lastest version of Flash on your system.  You could also try switching to the HTML5 video player.  

https://www.youtube.com/html5

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

As odd as it may sound, when I have issues with youtube on FireFox or IE, uninstalling Flash from Programs and Features sometimes helps. Try uninstalling Adobe Flash NPAPI from programs and features and try youtube again. A reboot should not be required.

Cheers!

I believe YouTube still uses Flash by default.  Chrome may have been working for you because Chrome has Flash built in.  Perhaps you just need to install the lastest version of Flash on your system.  You could also try switching to the HTML5 video player.  

https://www.youtube.com/html5

Although I had this issue for a while before I ever read this post, I have to second this notion.

If you can't seem to permanently convert from Flash to HTML (I had the same issues.) you should go install several addons that will do this for you.

Windows 8.1 for some reason had a lot of error with Flash and would constantly stop my videos from playing and saying that Flash player had crashed and this would happen repeatedly but only for YouTube.

Although I had this issue for a while before I ever read this post, I have to second this notion.

If you can't seem to permanently convert from Flash to HTML (I had the same issues.) you should go install several addons that will do this for you.

Windows 8.1 for some reason had a lot of error with Flash and would constantly stop my videos from playing and saying that Flash player had crashed and this would happen repeatedly but only for YouTube.

I use windows 7 ultimate.

I might try switching to HTML.

I think i heard somewhere that websites and such are moving away from things like java and starting to use html more?

Can you play the Flash site test video ok? 

If you have adblock, have you tried disabling it for YouTube?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Can you play the Flash site test video ok? 

If you have adblock, have you tried disabling it for YouTube?

It says i have version 17,0,0,134 installed

no, but ive had adblock for a long time and it never messed with it

i just tried uninstalling all of java completely, and uninstalling flash, and redownloading them and i still have the same problem