Looking for a TV monitor...

Unknown_Gamer380

I am looking for a 27" TV that can sit in my room, that I can watch movies and play games with a rich colour that my other TV displays with PS4. 

For instance: Games like Far Cry 4, FIFA 15, or Watch Dogs, or movies such as Maze runner have such wonderful colours on my ps4 thats in my living connected to a 55" TV but when I switch to PC it doesn't give that rich feeling because of the colours on my monitor, therefore I have decided to go with a TV that can be used as a monitor, thanks in advance.

be careful when getting a TV to act as a gaming monitor, the response times can be as much as 25ms(or more), were a computer monitor not even set up for gaming(like mine) has 7ms.  check out the HP 27xi 

I think you are jumping to false conclusions based on a sample size of 1...

Get a good monitor. It will be much better than a TV. Try the Dell P2714H.

My monitor is actually dell, just a side note that the monitor is old isn't it?

Why not just get a better monitor? It can be far superior to a TV

The colours on a monitor...its just not that great. I actually have more than 2 monitors one that is 60hz 1ms bought it in 2012 that is not good too

My monitor is actually dell, just a side note that the monitor is old isn't it?

No, the P2714H is a 27" from 2014. That's how their naming convention works.

All brands make a range of monitors, some good and some worse. Brand alone doesn't determine image quality.

Standard monitors will be using washed out TN panels, even modern ones. You need a good monitor using an IPS panel like the one I suggested above.

The colours on a monitor...its just not that great. I actually have more than 2 monitors one that is 60hz 1ms bought it in 2012 that is not good too

Another alternative, if you R E A L L Y want to be sure that you do actually have nice, rich and deep colours, is to buy a VA monitor. These combined the various great strengths of both TN and IPS display technologies, you could call it the middle child of the said display technologies, and they usually have a much higher contrast ratio than your typical TN or IPS display (they're typically around 1000:1) of about 2000:1 - 5000:1 and will provide you with deep inky blacks for watching your movies and playing your PS4 on.

The only downside to this VA display technology is that it usually has a greater response time than your average TN or IPS display, but things have greatly improved with the VA, or AMVA (Advance domain Vertical Alignment) as its commonly known, display technology and most people tend to not notice it all too much.

I hope that helps ya out. If you would like any VA monitor recommendations just ask and I'll be happy to give you some. :)

No, the P2714H is a 27" from 2014. That's how their naming convention works.

All brands make a range of monitors, some good and some worse. Brand alone doesn't determine image quality.

Standard monitors will be using washed out TN panels, even modern ones. You need a good monitor using an IPS panel like the one I suggested above.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The colours on your monitor might not be great. The colours on monitor can far exceed most TVs.

That 1ms response time shows that you have a TN and unless you are getting a very high quality monitor to start with (such as some of the better 144hz or 4k displays) it won't be very good. You shouldn't judge all PC monitors based on the cheapest specimens on sale.

The colours on your monitor might not be great. The colours on a monitor can far exceed most TVs.

That 1ms response time shows that you have a TN and unless you are getting a very high quality monitor to start with (such as some of the better 144hz or 4k displays) it won't be very good. You shouldn't judge all PC monitors based on the cheapest specimens on sale.

This!

currently using a 4k Tn monitor and the image is amazing. very bright and vibrant. even scaled to 1080p it still makes my Samsung TV look very poor! (my TV is a series 7 model so on the upper end of the scale)

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

LCD PC monitors tend to have crap image quality when compared to TV's ..well non LCD TV's that is.

If ur comparing against a LCD TV, then its simply down to the panel type. LCD TV's tend to use VA, low end monitors tend to us TN (and ofc high end 'gamer' orientated monitors do aswell for the high refresh rate). VA has better image quality. And IPS monitors are better still.

If however ur TV ur comparing it to is a CRT or Plasma, then know that no current LCD Monitor will match the image quality in terms of colours and contrast, and that's simply down to the fact LCD requires a backlight. IF ur wanting a monitor that compares vs a CRT TV or Plasma TV, then ur gunna have to play the waiting game, OLED is likely what ur looking for.

I personally use a Plasma TV, and despite seeing plenty of new LCD TV's and top end IPS Monitors, I wouldn't change my Plasma for them even if given one for free, even despite the fact my Plasma has abysmal PPI/Pixel density since its 1080p at 42".. I just cant stand the washed out colours LCD has vs plasma.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

The colours on your monitor might not be great. The colours on monitor can far exceed most TVs.

Can you recommend one monitor on your preference with good image quality. note that the budget is under 450$