Help on upgrading to SSD.

Hey guys, thanks for clicking on the thread, I'm going to try make this as short as possible without missing out on important detail.

Ok, so I've been having some problematic issues with my PC for some time now, I've decided that It's time I do a fresh install of Windows 7 on my Gaming Rig, and at the same time install a fresh new Solid State Drive, so I plan to have the OS installed on that. I have two hard drives, a 1 TB WD Blue, and another 500 GB hard drive, which of I'm not too sure the manufacturer of. 

So here's what I plan on doing, I just want someone to tell me if any of these steps are wrong, or should be done in a different order because I'm not too good with this type of stuff, and still relevantly new.

Step 1: Remove both HDD's from computer, place them aside for later, afterwards replace the SSD with my main C: Drive, ( 1 TB WD Blue ).

Step 2: Turn on PC, place in the copy of Windows 7 and boot the PC from the disc, download Windows 7 and install all updates, and drivers.

Step 3: Turn off PC and place in the other HDD's, boot from the SSD and move over all necessary/important files over to SSD, and format old drive.

I'm a little worried I may be doing something wrong, and I'm also clueless on how to name the drives to what I want them to be, all in all though, should this give me the conclusion that I want? ( Windows 7 installed on my ssd with all my important files included, and a formatted WD Drive). I'm sorry, I could not find anywhere better to place this, I just wanted to be safe than sorry later onwards!

Thanks all, I appreciate all the help.

The steps are correct, that's how I did it.

Cool! Thanks for replying so quick, as I said though I'm a little clueless on how to make my SSD the C: Drive, and how to make my other hard drives D & E, or perhaps the system will automaticy adjust that for me? 

Just a quick reminder.. This might not happen to you but it happened to me. After turning on the system with the two second drives, they will not show up on windows. You can enable them in disk management.

Just a quick reminder.. This might not happen to you but it happened to me. After turning on the system with the two second drives, they will not show up on windows. You can enable them in disk management.

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind if it happens!