Water cooling just got loose inside my PC

Oooooooooh.....that sucks. RIP OP's computer.

Try drying things out for a few days before attempting to salvage anything.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I cannot see how any of that survived. 

It could have, at least something. if you are lucky. Like I said, air dry everything over a week or several weeks, then blow everything off with some compressed air, and see if anything did survive.

Give it some fresh air and try to put evertything together after a week or so. Get rid of the fluids you can see and just have it infront of a fan. Then just praise...

CPU: AMD FX 6300 4.6 GHZ 1.392vCore ||||| Cooler: Hyper 212 evo ||||| MOBO: Gigabyte 990XA UD3 REV 3.0 ||||| RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury (Single channel) 1866 8GB CL10 ||||| GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 1GB ||||| PSU: CoolerMaster G550m 80+ Bronze ||||| SSD: Kingston SSDnow v300 ||||| HDDs: 2x 250gb 1x Wedstern Digital 320gb |||| Case: CoolerMaster Silencio 650 Black Pure Midnight

custom loops... leave it to the prose.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

oh no.... 

RIP Valkronos` system and vallet, you  will be missed.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

It is gone :(

I'm on my phone atm

Couldn't salvage any hardware. My build cost altogether was around 3000 and I kept adding stuff.

RIP

here's my advice, take everything apart.

buy 3 bottles of isopropyl rubbing alchohol.

RISNSE everything with it, let it dry 2-3 days.

reassemble. pray to the CPU gods.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

here's my advice, take everything apart.

buy 3 bottles of isopropyl rubbing alchohol.

RISNSE everything with it, let it dry 2-3 days.

reassemble. pray to the CPU gods.

Basically this^

This is exactly why I don't want to invest in custom loops..

Tbh I only wanted them because they looked awesome and it felt good telling my friends I had a liquid cooled PC. This time I'll be sticking with some high tech fans once I try to raise more money.

Tbh I only wanted them because they looked awesome and it felt good telling my friends I had a liquid cooled PC. This time I'll be sticking with some high tech fans once I try to raise more money.

this is why i tell people not to custom cool if they aren't OCing like a boss.

just because it looks cool doesnt mean you should do it.

Pffft. I'm a pro.   ;)

but you're not a writer of freeverse.

R.I.P another victim of a faulty custom loop.Try sun drying it or soaking everything in a tub of rice then dry it afterwards with a hair dryer see what works and what dosent.There is a chance of course depending on the amount leakage occurred,that something must have survived.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

R.I.P another victim of a faulty custom loop.Try sun drying it or soaking everything in a tub of rice then dry it afterwards with a hair dryer see what works and what dosent.There is a chance of course depending on the amount leakage occurred,that something must have survived.

he needs to clean off everything with achohol before drying it.

why do people have a rice addiction? have you ever tried rice? starch powder on all my shit is not cool.

a hair dryer is a good method too.

he needs to clean off everything with achohol before drying it.

why do people have a rice addiction? have you ever tried rice? starch powder on all my shit is not cool.

a hair dryer is a good method too.

I repaired my cell phone i dropped in water at a party in rice so it works,even linus dried his dell xps 12 in rice so.

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

I repaired my cell phone i dropped in water at a party in rice so it works,even linus dried his dell xps 12 in rice so.

Because the rice draws the moisture out of the casings on phones (and laptops) and you can easily wipe off the starch. I wouldn't put my components in rice though, just air dry after iso.

Because the rice draws the moisture out of the casings on phones (and laptops) and you can easily wipe off the starch. I wouldn't put my components in rice though, just air dry after iso.

I know that dude.everyone knows that also it attracts asian's which fill fix it for you :P

Watch the LTT video of Linus recovering his rainstorm'd Dell laptop to give you hope. Then put all components in front of a big ol' box fan for a week or more and don't touch them.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Meeeh, not a thing I wanted to read. Building my first WC loop on Thursday :D Yay!

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Where did it leak from? It would be really tough for me to find a fitting that is loose n I've only ever had a bad o-ring in a gpu block but I found out during leak test

Yea, im also curious what exactly went wrong? A whole system going down must mean you had leaks from multiple places or something. Please go into detail of what happened.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."