Reinstalling windows 7

Go to solution Solved by parkeerwacht,

My method of reinstalling windows to solve problems:

• back up (copy) your files to an external drive (if you cant boot in windows use a Linux live disk, like an Ubuntu install disk and select try Ubuntu. Mount your HDD/SSD and copy them to a backup drive.)
  • scan your backup for viruses
  • do a clean install like you install windows normally. But delete all your partitions on your HDD/SSD. Let the installer recreate them.
  • don`t worry about your licence use the one you used to install the system.
  • once you are on the desktop, install your drivers.
  • Install your software.
  • copy your files back from the backup drive.

this is the best method for me. 

A question I have is wether backing up (part of) the registery doensn't keep the problems? After all the reinstalling is done because something is not right at the moment.

This may copy the install to your new install. I recommend a clean registry

So after this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/335048-blue-screen-after-15-minutes-in-sleep-mode/#entry4598089and this  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/337109-lots-of-bluescreens-after-cloning-boot-drive-twice/#entry4598993 problem I decided to reinstall windows.

I found this http://lifehacker.com/5983652/how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-without-losing-your-files-settings-and-tweaksguide from lifehacker that seems to give pretty good information.

A question I have is wether backing up (part of) the registery doensn't keep the problems? After all the reinstalling is done because something is not right at the moment.

My method of reinstalling windows to solve problems:

• back up (copy) your files to an external drive (if you cant boot in windows use a Linux live disk, like an Ubuntu install disk and select try Ubuntu. Mount your HDD/SSD and copy them to a backup drive.)
  • scan your backup for viruses
  • do a clean install like you install windows normally. But delete all your partitions on your HDD/SSD. Let the installer recreate them.
  • don`t worry about your licence use the one you used to install the system.
  • once you are on the desktop, install your drivers.
  • Install your software.
  • copy your files back from the backup drive.

this is the best method for me. 

This may copy the install to your new install. I recommend a clean registry

Restoring a registry from a previous installation sounds like a terrible idea. Mind me asking what part of the registry you had in mind backing up?

parkers info is pretty much correct

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile