custom watercooling my first build?

im building a pc in a month and im thinking of going with custom watercooling, should i go with custom or aio?

(system specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VJRKRB )

total build cost with custom loop: 2151.16 USD

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

just start off with air. it's easy, simple and cheaper, you can always upgrade to water later.

WHOA, fx9590. okay, that single component you MUST watercool, just use a closed loop, premade kit.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

AIO for your first build. Custom loop is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Stay away from Larkooler products, they suck.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh god, Larkooler. nooooooooooooo.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

9590's a good CPU, fuck you talking about.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

1. Do not buy that processor,just google search why its too much to explain.

Go Aio since its your first time *insert a dirty joke here*

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

NO.

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

it's a GREAT CPU but it isn't something i would advise for a first build, it's hot as hell, and slightly unstable. not good for a newbie to learn with.

plus it's hard to OC, with nearly no room to move.

strongest AM3+ socket CPU period, but with great power comes great understanding and resonsibilty, if OP undertakes with task he'll learn a lot, but also work alot too.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

-snip-

team whoever can give me what i need, with what i have.

No.

look man, the CPU is fine, we really don't need to war over this, but you can read my 2nd comment on it and see my thoughts on why this isn;t a good "my first rig" part

i have choossen the cpu + custom cpu loop from EKWB, bechause i have a pro to help me build it

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

i have choossen the cpu + custom look from ekwb. (bechause i have a pro to help me build it)

good OP, if you have help from a pro this will be fine.

i still would not make a custom loop for your first rig because they require regular maintence.

like i said the fx9590 is a bit unstable, but if you can tame it, it will most likely be the strongest and last CPU AMD makes, since they only want to make APUs now.

either way, i'm glad you have help.

make a build log and let us know how it goes.

wow, thread got really clean really fast.

good OP, if you have help from a pro this will be fine.

i still would not make a custom loop for your first rig because they require regular maintence.

like i said the fx9590 is a bit unstable, but if you can tame it, it will most likely be the strongest and last CPU AMD makes, since they only want to make APUs now.

either way, i'm glad you have help.

make a build log and let us know how it goes.

the pro is my dad so there are No problemS with maintaining the loop for the next 3 years (my dad worked with IT and computer assembly for 3 years and has been building systems for a hobby since 2000 (he builds systems for peapol in his spare time)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

the pro is my dad so there are No problemS with maintaining the loop for the next 3 years (my dad worked with IT and computer assembly for 3 years and has been building systems for a hobby since 2000 (he builds systems for peapol in his spare time)

swiggity swag, then you're in good hands. he'd give you the same or better advice than anyone on the forums could.

good luck, enjoy some parent-child bonding time over computers! just don't let him do all the work for you, you don't learn that way.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

swiggity swag, then you're in good hands. he'd give you the same or better advice than anyone on the forums could.

good luck, enjoy some parent-child bonding time over computers! just don't let him do all the work for you, you don't learn that way.

ill do all the building and he will probably watch what i do and tell me what i should do when it comes to the loop.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

honestly i'm kind of jelly. i've got my rig ready for water parts, but no money to get parts.

honestly i'm kind of jelly. i've got my rig ready for water parts, but no money to get parts.

lol, i currently only have 8000 norwegian kroner, but soon ill have my "confirmation" and then ill be able to afford the pc no problem att all.

(in norway when you are 15 you have a party with your family to celebrate going into adulthood and its called a  confirmation(direct translation from the norwegian word konfirmasjon))

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Why would you buy AMD when Intel's CPU's are far better?

“I'm telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say never.” ― Justin Bieber

Why would you buy AMD when Intel's CPU's are far better?

cuz 8 cores at less than 1000 us dollars

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

At the cost of it being mighty hot and your spending x amount on watercooling to cool it, when you could put that watercooling money towards an 8 core intel chip and air cooling? swings and roundabouts i spose lol

“I'm telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you. Never say never.” ― Justin Bieber

At the cost of it being mighty hot and your spending x amount on watercooling to cool it, when you could put that watercooling money towards an 8 core intel chip and air cooling? swings and roundabouts i spose lol

This guy has a point.

Alright here. I just poped onto newegg and found a quad core i7 hyperthreaded (Effectively 8 cores) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116988  Runs at 3.2 Ghz, and would require a HEFTY fricking overclock just to get to 4.7 Ghz. So you would need some beefy watercooling in order to have it work, if at all. So now this one, is the fastest I found, which is 40 dollars more. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369 and runs at 4Ghz, still below the NORMAL clock. And is also hyperthreaded., so you would still need a watercooler in order to have it get to 4.7 ghz, and be stable (If even possible). So now we got the 8 physical core AMD chip, that might need some hearty air cooling, but is already at 4.7 ghz, and is 300 dollars. Same price granted as the original i7, but higher stock clock. Also if you wanted to watercool, (Which you would need to with the intel chips) you could effectively O.C. to 5Ghz and WAY overfly anything that the intel chips can reasonably do.

Good Day Sir. :angry: