So, I just read this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/810641/good-news-347-52-drivers-have-improved-performance-on-the-gtx-970s-vram-/

New drivers improving performance?

It seems it still craps itself with sli but somehow works with a single card?

I was about buying one of these anyway but now I'm confused, wasn't it supposed to be a hardware problem????

Wat.

Can someone confirm this here?

The thing I'm mostly concerned about: will the price go up now that it works(if it works)? 

Thanks for your time.

Have a nice day c:

The 500GB partition having slower bandwidth is a hardware problem, but you can work around it in drivers by using the different sections of memory more efficiently

Edit: 500MB, knew something looked wrong about that...

the prices won't change.

The 500GB partition having slower bandwidth is a hardware problem, but you can work around it in drivers by using the different sections of memory more efficiently

you mean MB

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

that's a shit ton of vram!! ***500mb***

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

So, I just read this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/810641/good-news-347-52-drivers-have-improved-performance-on-the-gtx-970s-vram-/

New drivers improving performance?

It seems it still craps itself with sli but somehow works with a single card?

I was about buying one of these anyway but now I'm confused, wasn't it supposed to be a hardware problem????

Wat.

Can someone confirm this here?

The thing I'm mostly concerned about: will the price go up now that it works(if it works)? 

Thanks for your time.

Have a nice day c:

1. Prices wont go up.
  2. It still has that problem.
  3. Nvidia limited it to 3.5 through its new driver update.
  4. Backstabbers.
  5. Get a Gigabyte g1 970 since it has better power delivery and cooling and better binned chips for higher oc.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

MB not GB

500 MB*

I kinda figured that out myself, it's just that those 500mb are still used, maybe for not so important tasks that can take more time to be "answered to"?

5. Get a Gigabyte g1 970 since it has better power delivery and cooling and better binned chips for higher oc

Ty for the advice :3