Processor hdmi vs grpahics hdmi

kutless7

Hello there I just recently built my first computer.  For some reason my hdmi to the display works just fine when plugging it into the motherboard. but when I try to plug it into my graphics card it does not recognize the card and shows up as a blank screen?  Any normal work on the computer would work just fine plugged into the motherboard but I would like to game on it and the processor graphics is not strong enough to play on. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Processor: i5 4690k

Graphics card: MSI Geforce GTX 970 4G

Motherboard: MSI Z97 GD65

Display: Samsung 55" LED TV

Hello there I just recently built my first computer.  For some reason my hdmi to the display works just fine when plugging it into the motherboard. but when I try to plug it into my graphics card it does not recognize the card and shows up as a blank screen?  Any normal work on the computer would work just fine plugged into the motherboard but I would like to game on it and the processor graphics is not strong enough to play on. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Display: Samsung 55" LED TV

You probably have to reseat your GPU, because the motherboard hdmi should be turned off when a GPU is in the system.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Display: Samsung 55" LED T

you must change it in the bios.since it was not recognized could also mean a dead gpu or reseat it.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

Thank you for the replies! But since I am new how do I go about resetting my GPU or resetting the GPU to recognize in BIOS?

Thank you for the replies! But since I am new how do I go about resetting my GPU or resetting the GPU to recognize in BIOS?

Quote people when you answer to them, so they are notified of your reply.

I was talking about reseating which means opening your PC case and possibly pushing it in a bit or something because it might be a little bit loose or something.

But you should first go into the BIOS (which you do by mashing the DEL button upon startup, so Windows does not open but this other screen) and taking a look there.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Quote people when you answer to them, so they are notified of your reply.

I was talking about reseating which means opening your PC case and possibly pushing it in a bit or something because it might be a little bit loose or something.

But you should first go into the BIOS (which you do by mashing the DEL button upon startup, so Windows does not open but this other screen) and taking a look there.

Ok great so then what am I looking for in the BIOS if the reseating does not work?

Ok great so then what am I looking for in the BIOS if the reseating does not work?

I can't remember where you would find it, but just look around and possibly see if you can see your GPU or just a full components list in it.

Try reseating the GPU and making sure that it is recognized in the BIOS.

Thanks for the help minibois! Does any one know how to have my BIOS my graphics card and not my processor graphics tech?

Thanks for the help minibois! Does any one know how to have my BIOS my graphics card and not my processor graphics tech?

There's setting in Peripherals or some other tab like that. Things you need to do are select Display device from auto (integrated) to PCIe 1 (or the slot your GPU is). Another way is just plain disable iGPU from Internal graphics. Note that these are straight from my Gigabyte board manual and names for settings may vary between brands.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have a MSI motherboard, I don't know if they change much in term of bios layout, but here to get to the setting you want you have to:

restart the computer, press the DEL button to acess your bios.
in the left corner you should see a giant "Settings" button, click it.

now in the center of the screen you should see a bunch of different options, choose "advanced".
in advanced you also should see a lot of different options, choose "integrated graphics config".

now you should see the integrated graphics configuration it will say "IGP" is selected, to change to your GPU it should say "PEG".
to change between those two options use the " + " or " - " buttons.

once done press the F10 button, select " Yes " and reboot the computer.

to do so quickly press CTRL + ALT + DEL all at the same time.

hope it helps.