At what setting should I enable DSR?

Bananamancer

I have a 970. If I want to enable DSR, should it be at 1.20x, 1.50x, 1.78x and so on... and if I do enable it, at what %age? What benefit should I expect on enabling DSR anyways? Sorry for the noob question.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

I have a 970. If I want to enable DSR, should it be at 1.20x, 1.50x, 1.78x and so on... and if I do enable it, at what %age? What benefit should I expect on enabling DSR anyways? Sorry for the noob question.

Let geforce experience do it for you if you dont have it download it and it will optimize most game settings.

I would just enable all DSR settings. There's literally no reason not to. DSR is basically another form of anti aliasing. It helps smooth out jaggies, improves texture quality and increases detail on distance objects.

I would just enable all DSR settings. There's literally no reason not to. DSR is basically another form of anti aliasing. It helps smooth out jaggies, improves texture quality and increases detail on distance objects.

At what settings should I enable it? 4.00x at 100% smoothness?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

At what settings should I enable it? 4.00x at 100% smoothness?

The check boxes for the DSR settings does nothing but gives you more resolutions to pick from when setting your in game resolution.

Lets say you have a 1080p screen. If you enable 4x, you'll have an option to set your resolution to 3840x2160. If you enable 2x AND 4x, you'll have an option to set your resolution to 2880x1620 AND 3840x2160. The more check boxes you enable, the more resolutions you can pick from.

Smoothness is best left at default (33%) until you have had a chance to actually try a DSR resolution. DSR smoothness controls the sharpness or blurriness of DSR resolutions. If you feel 33% is too blurry, lower the DSR smoothness.

• 5 years later...

i have a 1650 super and a 720 p TV which settings should i use for dsr