Be Quiet! Pure Rock vs CM Hyper 212x

Hey guys!

I know the CM Hyper series of coolers are highly regarded as some of the best budget coolers out their, however I cannot really find a lot of experienced user reviews of the pure rock cpu cooler. 

I am running an i5 3690k on an Asus z97-a mobo in a NZXT H440 so my cpu seems to run a few degrees higher than normal at all times, i knew this before getting into the h440 but i love the case so much i accepted its cooling flaws. I want to keep the quiet theme going.

So my questions are will both of these coolers be quieter and cooler than the stock intel cooler and do any of you have experience with the pure rock cooler as I would prefer to get that one over the hyper 212x to keep the quiet theme going in my pc. This is also my first time ever upgrading my cpu cooler so was wondering if their is any quality issues with buying a "budget" cooler that would hurt my cpu in anyway?

Prices are $45 for the Pure Rock and $49 for the Hyper 212x. (Aus)

Also any other recommendation for coolers around the same price range is very welcome I am a noob at this lol.

Thanks in advance guys! :)

They perform similarly but the Pure Rock is quieter. I'd suggest going with it if you want to get something quieter than stock.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

They perform similarly but the Pure Rock is quieter. I'd suggest going with it if you want to get something quieter than stock.

Ahh I see, and would both be an upgrade regarding cooling and noise to the stock intel cooler? As i said this is my first time changing my cpu cooler and i don't want to hurt my cpu lol, i just got it and want to fix the slightly higher heat level due to my case.

Ahh I see, and would both be an upgrade regarding cooling and noise to the stock intel cooler? As i said this is my first time changing my cpu cooler and i don't want to hurt my cpu lol, i just got it and want to fix the slightly higher heat level due to my case.

Both would cool much better than stock. In terms of noise, the 212x isn't much better if at all. The Pure Rock is easily quieter than either the 212x or stock cooler.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 9 months later...