Should Ubisoft leave the gaming industry?

32gigs

chris-rock-huh-face.gif

Ubisoft. Really?

Should AMD Disappear? You do realize how many copies they ship regardless of the bad rep they have right?

They have Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six, Hawx, Splinter Cell, Rocksmith, Trials, just Dance.

Farcry 4 has sold 7 MILLION Copies

Watch Dogs 9 Million.

Assassins creed series has sold 73 million copies.

What I'm trying to say: just because you think their bad, doesn't mean they should shut down. If they were legitimately doing bad they wouldn't be selling at all. Ubisoft is one of the Biggest players in the video game producing industry along with EA and others.

Ubisoft is just having a bad time. Them leaving isn't going to do anything good for anyone and will impact the industry.

Look at where EA was a year ago. Releasing broken games, not doing things well. Now look at them, People like them again. Origin isn't bad anymore, Battlefield has had its first stable launch in a long ass time, Dragon Age: inquisition was a great launch as well, They give out refunds for their games, they have trials for their biggest games for up to a week.

Ubisoft will wake up and realize that their not loved and are doing things wrong. They will change for the better. Even Valve was hated once (Or Steam, whatever lol) and now look at them.

Agreed, but I still think the whole thing was a big facade during the first E3 reveal. The game they showed there wasn't the game we got.

Yea... I was irritated by that....  i cri evri tiem :<

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yea... I was irritated by that....  i cri evri tiem :<

Me3.

Actually just finished my fifth playthrough since I discovered that new texture pack with TheWorse's mod final build.

I'm going to assume you're below the age of 16 and you're joking for the most part. Please be joking.

Console players can be just as intelligent/stupid as some PC players. Personally, I've come across the worst people

i meant the pc terms and the tech

Ubisoft. Really?

Should AMD Disappear? You do realize how many copies they ship regardless of the bad rep they have right?

They have Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six, Hawx, Splinter Cell, Rocksmith, Trials, just Dance.

Farcry 4 has sold 7 MILLION Copies

Watch Dogs 9 Million.

Assassins creed series has sold 73 million copies.

What I'm trying to say: just because you think their bad, doesn't mean they should shut down. If they were legitimately doing bad they wouldn't be selling at all. Ubisoft is one of the Biggest players in the video game producing industry along with EA and others.

Ubisoft is just having a bad time. Them leaving isn't going to do anything good for anyone and will impact the industry.

Look at where EA was a year ago. Releasing broken games, not doing things well. Now look at them, People like them again. Origin isn't bad anymore, Battlefield has had its first stable launch in a long ass time, Dragon Age: inquisition was a great launch as well, They give out refunds for their games, they have trials for their biggest games for up to a week.

Ubisoft will wake up and realize that their not loved and are doing things wrong. They will change for the better. Even Valve was hated once (Or Steam, whatever lol) and now look at them.

What we are saying is Ubisoft SHOULD offer a better expierence for it's users.

i meant the pc terms and the tech

Depends on the user. Not every PC user knows how to build PC's either.

They absolutely shouldn't leave, but they do need to step their shit way up. They have boundless resources and they pour it all into marketing instead of making quality games.

u guys did realize that when i said console gamers wont understand wat linus and luke are saying i meant the pc terms and the technology itself

What we are saying is Ubisoft SHOULD offer a better expierence for it's users.

That's what I'm saying as well, They should (Apparently) Treat their employees better as well.

Having anything cease to exist isn't the right solution ever. 

They'll change.

Me3.

Actually just finished my fifth playthrough since I discovered that new texture pack with TheWorse's mod final build.

I went sight seeing after I installed the mod... Still not exactly what we were shown during E3 though :< 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Depends on the user. Not every PC user knows how to build PC's either.

a pc gamer should though... should

HA you'd be surprised  ;)

That's what I'm saying as well, They should (Apparently) Treat their employees better as well.

Having anything cease to exist isn't the right solution ever. 

They'll change.

hopefully ac is a good ip and watchdogs has potential they just need to learn free roam, take notes from rockstar

Stick around on the forums for a while and you'll see that it's not true. Ha.

After the last few games; Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs and the atrocity that was Ass Creed: Unfinished, I would say that they had better get their shit together. To be honest, Ubisoft is too big to just go away instantly. It's not like THQ where they just sort of died, they actually do have quite a bit of solidity to their company. It's just that their games are shit.

Think of it like Nintendo. Nintendo makes awesome games, especially when you emulate and enhance them on a PC, but their hardware hasn't exactly been mind-blowing as of late. However, the doomsayers saying that they're on the skids are totally wrong. You do not understand just how much money Nintendo makes off of each one of their franchises in Japan ALONE, and they have enough money saved up to keep them afloat for many many years even if they do go down the shithole for a while. Once they start porting games to the PC (because consoles are a temporary thing these days; they will have no choice at some point), Nintendo will be amazing once again, not to mention that the new Legend of Zelda title looks like it's going to be AMAZING. An open world game that makes Wind Waker look like Twilight Princess or Half-Life 2. But I seriously, grossly digress.

That's what Ubisoft's like to a certain extent as a company. They're too big to just up and disappear.

They've made some quality stuff in the past. However, like most bloated game companies their corporate structure and need to keep afloat such a massive global network PLUS satisfy shareholders drives the incredibly talented teams into unrealistic development cycles and game design based on charts and graphs, rather than simply "what is a cool, fun idea." Repeatedly pounding the same, once revolutionary IP into the ground is pretty much par for the course. With Unity however the heads hopefully saw that pushing too hard and too fast is going to break something along the way.

Something does need to change, absolutely, but I don't think simply "going away" and putting 9,000 talented artists, designers, and various other staff out of a job is the way to do it.

littleRed

CPU Intel i7 4790k Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero RAM 32GB G Skill RipjawsX GPU EVGA Titan X Cooling Corsair H105 Case Corsair 760t Black PSU EVGA 1000P2

Storage Boot Samsung Evo 850 256GB Programs Samsung Evo 840 1TB Data WD Black 2TB Display BenQ XL2420G Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse Razer Death Adder OS Windows 10

-YAR-

You think I buy their games?

After they fucked me over im never buying another one of their games again.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

watch dogs is a good game but the graphics is shit 

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

What do you mean "leave the gaming industry"? Are they going to open a chain of soup kitchens? I doubt that they are going to do that.

As for the technical problems AC3 was buggy and in 2014 their programmers really let them down with Watch_Dogs, AC:U and to a lesser part with FC4. But all their games still have a lot of work and love put into them. For example the art style and world in AC:U is very good. One women worked 2 years to make Notre Dame look as good as possible. And Ubisoft is one of the few who have the money and manpower to do that.

And yes all their "main" games have very similar gameplay. But that is more of a problem with the customers rather then with Ubisoft. If people would to play those games they will change. But they will change all their games to something that works. Part of this is that human nature that you're not going pay 60€ for a game that you don't know if you like. But you will for a game that you already are familiar with.

Ubisoft also has a lot of good and interesting games on their hands. Recent Rayman games have been good. New Rainbow Six game looks promising. Driver San Fransisco was a really fun game. Anno series is very good. I really liked Call of Juarez Gunslinger(it's also a very good game) and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon was a really good and fun game even it was from their default gameplay book.

The one thing I hate about Ubisoft is their stupid DRM that seems to be down when I want to play their games. That is actually the reason why I stopped playing their games. And I blame people like @Oberon.Smite for that.

As for the technical problems AC3 was buggy and in 2014 their programmers really let them down with Watch_Dogs, AC:U and to a lesser part with FC4.

Lets not forget The Crew....lol

Odd question, Ubisoft just needs to get their shit together or I won't buy their games, it's as simple as that. 

In my opinion, the Far Cry 3 is the best game, what Ubisoft had made. It has a good story, beautiful graphics and it was good optimized. I never played any AC, cause they aren't interesting for me. But I love all of the Rockstar games, San Andreas and Max Payne are one of the best games, what I'm ever played. But I think, Ubisoft don't leave the gaming industry (yet), cause it makes a lot of money for them.

Lets not forget The Crew....lol

I actually didn't follow The Crew. What was broken in that game ?

i refuse to buy anymore ubisoft games until they can optimize them and stop giving us shitty console ports.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb