Mic or headphones, which to buy first?

Timmy-P

Hey all,

I've been looking to upgrade from my Logitech G230s for a while, and now the following two items have been put up on Massdrop:

Superlux 668B:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/superlux-hd668b-headphones?mode=guest_open

And Samson Meteorite:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/samson-meteorite-microphone?mode=guest_open

For a general rule, which should I purchase first, the headphones or the mic?  Is there a preferred order, or just whatever works?

[witty signature]

It depends, which of the two sounds the worst?

I'd go for mic first, as its not that easy to use the mic of a pair of headphones with another pair of headphones, whereas its easy to use a standalone mic with any pair of headphones.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

you should probably get the microphone first, since it has less time remaining for sale

It depends, which of the two sounds the worst?

I'd go for mic first, as its not that easy to use the mic of a pair of headphones with another pair of headphones, whereas its easy to use a standalone mic with any pair of headphones.

I have a webcam to use as a mic in the meantime.

[witty signature]

Take care of yourself first, get the headphones

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3