Phone is about to die! What phone do you recommend and why?

LaboonTheWhale

So my phone is dying and is probably on its last legs. battery hardly charges and slightest amount of shock shuts it off and microphone doesnt work!

What are some phones that you would recommend? I have not been keeping up with phones.

Do you have a preference of ecosystem? If you use a lot of Google services, then Android will make more sense. If you synchronicity with your PC then iPhone does that pretty well.

Do you have a preference of ecosystem? If you use a lot of Google services, then Android will make more sense. If you synchronicity with your PC then iPhone does that pretty well.

I was never really an Apple fan and I like the open source-ness that Android is and rooting it whenever. So I guess Android it is.

While I personally like the M8 and M9 for their superior build quality and design, (in my opinion) you really can't argue with a 4000 mah internal battery and basically stock android with the Droid Turbo. Plus, the nylon or whatever woven backing actually looks pretty freaking cool. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I would go for the Droid Turbo for the following reasons;

1) Impressive battery life

2) Great build quality and nice design

3) Pretty good camera

4) Near stock Android with light and really useful Motorola features

5) Incredible performance, although I would count this one as expected considering it is a flagship

6) Amazing display

There are other "expected" features of any flagship (but you never know) that pretty much all the of the phones you listed have so you should not worry about them.

goofed. ignore post

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I cant vote for an apple phone.  

I don't like the huge note phones

I think its stupid to not have an micro sd card slot

so the only choices in my mind are the droid turbo or wait for the m9

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

What about a Sony phone? Waterproofness really comes in handy, and the Xperia z4 is coming out soon. :)

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

Get the S6. Based on initial impressions based solely on whatever coverage Anandtech has, it's the best non iPhone in 2015- it has premium, solid build quality, its screen is just as good as a good ips screen, it has an actual button on the front of the phone that is useful to wake+unlock the device, and Samsung has the most consistent software experience on Android, just like how Apple does on iOS.

Out of those choices, the Droid Turbo for sure. My dad just got one recently, and the battery lasts him aaaaaaallllll day long long, plus another day. Of course it varies by usage, but still though. The UI is pretty good and close to stock Android as well. All in all great phone.

COMIC SANS

The Droid Turbo doesn't have microSD expansion. Out of the above phones, only the M9 does, sadly.

COMIC SANS

I was never really an Apple fan and I like the open source-ness that Android is and rooting it whenever. So I guess Android it is.

Android is not open source. Not at all. The only open source option for phones is ubuntu phone and your options are extremely limited there.

The Droid Turbo doesn't have microSD expansion. Out of the above phones, only the M9 does, sadly.

Microsd expansion isn't really a selling point imo. Google has been trying to get rid of it for years, and it's also a pretty big security and privacy risk because anyone in possession of your phone, even if they aren't able to guess your passcode, can just pop it out and access your pictures and whatnot that you have stored on it.

well then the m9 is the only one I would recommend

Microsd expansion isn't really a selling point imo. Google has been trying to get rid of it for years, and it's also a pretty big security and privacy risk because anyone in possession of your phone, even if they aren't able to guess your passcode, can just pop it out and access your pictures and whatnot that you have stored on it.

Its a selling point for me because I use it more than almost any other feature of my phone.  way more than Bluetooth and nfc.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

What about a Sony phone? Waterproofness really comes in handy, and the Xperia z4 is coming out soon. :)

Just wanted to mention this, Sony phones DO have micro sd slots

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

Android is not open source. Not at all. The only open source option for phones is ubuntu phone and your options are extremely limited there.

I don't think he meant literally "open source". I think he means the "open-ness" of the OS like the customization and rooting options.

And for the OP: Keep in mind that if you get the Droid Turbo, you will have to pay to root it... This is the only solution as of right now and the greedy mofo (<-- see what I did there.. check the link if you didn't) clearly didn't get enough money from the bounties. Also, since this is so recent, there are no custom ROMs right now. Other than that, my vote goes towards the Droid Turbo.

EDIT: I just skimmed through the link, and it seems like the existing solution for root is a pain in the butt to do. And, it costs money (I'm a cheapo).

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

I don't think he meant literally "open source". I think he means the "open-ness" of the OS like the customization and rooting options.

OK. But that's a thing that Android fanboys commonly say in favour of Android. If being unix-based is enough to qualify as open source, then iOS fits that description as well :P