Next Windows 10 for phones build will expand to a massive number of devices

Nokia-Lumia-1520-National-Geographic-jpg

Looks like the WP 10 preview is gaining more devices, and not just one or two; a LOT more. This is great for users who have older devices and more lower end devices, MS is really pushing the notion that WP10 is going to show up on as many devices as can be expected. 

I'm excited to give this a go when it comes out later for my 920, I've always liked WP devices for how well they run in almost every scenario, even ones packing half the RAM and clock speeds of the conventional devices from anyone else. 

The increase in frequency for Windows 10 releases for phones follows a similar path that Microsoft recently laid out for desktop builds. On the topic of the rollout to more phones, the blog post reiterates that the previous limited rollout was due to a partition size issue.

And Microsoft isn't joking about that larger number of phones. Without further ado, here's the full list of phones that are expected to be eligible for the next build of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones:

• Lumia 1020
  • Lumia 1320
  • Lumia 1520
  • Lumia 520
  • Lumia 525
  • Lumia 526
  • Lumia 530
  • Lumia 530 Dual Sim
  • Lumia 535
  • Lumia 620
  • Lumia 625
  • Lumia 630
  • Lumia 630 Dual Sim
  • Lumia 635
  • Lumia 636
  • Lumia 638
  • Lumia 720
  • Lumia 730
  • Lumia 730 Dual SIM
  • Lumia 735
  • Lumia 810
  • Lumia 820
  • Lumia 822
  • Lumia 830
  • Lumia 920
  • Lumia 925
  • Lumia 928
  • Lumia ICON
  • Microsoft Lumia 430
  • Microsoft Lumia 435
  • Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM DTV
  • Microsoft Lumia 532
  • Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM

The blog post doesn't detail when the build will be available, but it does note that Microsoft likely has at least one more week of testing to go. In any event, this is great news for those that have been patiently awaiting another build, let alone the massive increase in supported devices.

http://www.windowscentral.com/next-windows-10-phones-build-will-expand-massive-number-devices?utm_source=related&utm_medium=module&utm_campaign=next

dam, a while back i really REALLY wanted a lumia 1020. my cousin/friend has one and he likes it alot, and says it take really good pictures.

i just home that windows 10 will bridge the app gap. (i also hope i could dual boot it on my zenfone 2)

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

you should add that this list is preliminary, they could add or remove device at any moment should something change

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

dam, a while back i really REALLY wanted a lumia 1020. my cousin/friend has one and he likes it alot, and says it take really good pictures.

i just home that windows 10 will bridge the app gap. (i also hope i could dual boot it on my zenfone 2)

i still don't understand why ms hasn't "bribed" the popular developers like snapchat or tinder or whoever dominates list on each store, they tried with pebble, why not others? maybe they did but ended up like pebble again

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Phew I was wondering where my 930 was but there's an update on the article saying there was a UI scaling bug that might be fixed for the next release :)

I want a windows phone

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My cheap ass Lumia 520 still getting updates woot. :D

And my cheap ass 520 is also still getting updates! B)

The Lumia 520 is on the list. I have the Lumia 521 and it's literally the same exact phone but with T-Mobile branding. So I wonder if the Lumia 521 will be getting the Windows 10 upgrade as well...

COMIC SANS

Hmm, I might just have to try this out now.

Oh yeah, my Lumia 635 is joining the party. This phone was cheap as balls, and works much smoother than my previous android devices (including my Moto G which got stolen). I don't always root for Microsoft, but they are doing things right in the mobile department, at least better than Google who refuses to update anything older than 4.4

I want a windows phone

Join us brother :D

Proud owner and developer here.

I got an HTC One M8 Windows phone and I wish I could get the technical preview

HTC Windows Phones are the worst, I hated my HTC WP8S....Maybe Linus would have a different opinion if he tried Lumia device 1020 or announced 1030....love that dedicated camera button.

Phew I was wondering where my 930 was but there's an update on the article saying there was a UI scaling bug that might be fixed for the next release :)

Icon is 930 anyway

I would really want to get a Windows phone this year along side Android. I want to see what flagships will they release with W10 though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Yay finaly updates for x20 Lumia devices!

I will definitely try it on my 920.

Too bad my really old 710 isn't included. I would love to give wp10 a try to see how much things have changed since wp7.5... Still, i'm changing to android this week when I get my moto x (2013)

unfortunatly, i cant, as my family is on sprint. Sprint= no windows phone.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I want a windows phone.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Considering the cheapest Lumia you can get in UK is the 435 for less than £60, I think this is a great time and opportunity for anyone to try out WP8.1 platform. I'm still satisfied with my old 925.

So all Lumia devices only?

What about HTC Windows phones?

Glad to see my Lumia 520 will get the update

Finally got PS4 Pro

I have a Lumia 830 but haven't installed the preview. I'm just going to wait for final release because my phone is too important to run a beta OS.

I can't wait for the final release though! :)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

i still don't understand why ms hasn't "bribed" the popular developers like snapchat or tinder or whoever dominates list on each store, they tried with pebble, why not others? maybe they did but ended up like pebble again

For Snapchat, they don't want to show up on Windows Phone and they use the excuse of there not being enough demand.

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

If it runs as well as 8.1 does on my 820, I'll hold off on an upgrade even longer.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

just wondering...what are the apps you're lacking?

am kinda sick lf people saying the same thing but in actuality have no clue on the actual situation.