Dota 2 or LoL

Jfreun1

I'm looking to get into a new competitive game, I've never played a moba before so I ask you to vote for your preferred moba. 

Inb4 all the League of Legends hate. Personally I would LoL. I haven't tried Dota though. I've seen gameplay of it, didn't think too much of dota tbh.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

They're the same, just pick the one your friends play.

^This. So much of this. I can never play league solo. It just isn't as fun. I need my friend's reactions when something stupid happens. It's not saying it's a bad game. It's just it's so much more fun with friends. Having people in a call makes it so much more fun because you get to coordinate when everyone makes plays and wombo combos.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I like DOTA, because it looks nicer and when you fight someone doesn't have to die, and LOL looks to cartoon-y for me. Just if you are new and are bad you will be picked on by Russians and Peruvians that can only say noob and if you make fun of them 99% of the time they have no idea what you are saying...

so since noone seems to find a way to say this then i will:

i have play them both for years now and let me tell you that they ARE different, this is how

so league of legends its a game where you have to destroy all of the enemies towers in order to get to their base and win, to do that you have to find a way to kill the other team A LOT which means that you have to be in team fights A LOT, what am i saying is that if you like a game where your score matters and where you can win almost all of your games by yourself then league is the game for you, its also a lot of fun if you like to get kills and have a nice time killing "noobs".

Dota 2 its a lot different, you have to destroy all of the enemies towers in order to get to their base and win, .... wait....., oh yeah, to to that you have to kill the other team A LOT, .... wait wh...., oh right now its where it gets different, in dota 2 you need a lot and i mean A LOT of communication, you need to learn how to counter other heroes, you need to learn how to deny and last hit creeps, you need to learn how to be a support, you need to learn how to be a tank, you need to learn how to block creeps wave, you need to have a good coordination with your team to win a team fight, you also need a good team line up, and also need to be PATIENT, this is the key to win a dota 2 game, in league all you have to do its be in a team fight and hit the enemy a lot in order to win said team fight but in dota 2.... no, in dota 2 you need to wait for the enemy to make a mistake, that one that you have been waiting for since the beginning of the match and WAMP!!!!!!, (first blood).

So there you go if you like a more strategy base game go for dota 2, it has a very HARD learn curve but its worth once you got in a good match and you win by a bit and at the end you are like, "omg that game was epic", but if you like a game where you can have a nice time with your friends and lose an hour or less then its a good choice too.

as you can tell i rather play dota 2 but now im in a break since i have been paired with a lot of toxic players and losing a lot, so im gonna wait or ill find friends to play with and raise my mmr. i hope this helps you decide and welcome to mobas

Inb4 all the League of Legends hate. Personally I would LoL. I haven't tried Dota though. I've seen gameplay of it, didn't think too much of dota tbh.

Play Dota, you'll never touch LoL again.

Play Dota, you'll never touch LoL again.

Meh, I've been on both sides, but with respect to FPS. People say play BF, you'll never touch CoD again. Same deal (for that matter, I own BF3, BFBC2, but played CoD first. I still like CoD more). I enjoy LoL very much, so I honestly have no incentive to switch.

so since noone seems to find a way to say this then i will:

i have play them both for years now and let me tell you that they ARE different, this is how

so league of legends its a game where you have to destroy all of the enemies towers in order to get to their base and win, to do that you have to find a way to kill the other team A LOT which means that you have to be in team fights A LOT, what am i saying is that if you like a game where your score matters and where you can win almost all of your games by yourself then league is the game for you, its also a lot of fun if you like to get kills and have a nice time killing "noobs".

Dota 2 its a lot different, you have to destroy all of the enemies towers in order to get to their base and win, .... wait....., oh yeah, to to that you have to kill the other team A LOT, .... wait wh...., oh right now its where it gets different, in dota 2 you need a lot and i mean A LOT of communication, you need to learn how to counter other heroes, you need to learn how to deny and last hit creeps, you need to learn how to be a support, you need to learn how to be a tank, you need to learn how to block creeps wave, you need to have a good coordination with your team to win a team fight, you also need a good team line up, and also need to be PATIENT, this is the key to win a dota 2 game, in league all you have to do its be in a team fight and hit the enemy a lot in order to win said team fight but in dota 2.... no, in dota 2 you need to wait for the enemy to make a mistake, that one that you have been waiting for since the beginning of the match and WAMP!!!!!!, (first blood).

So there you go if you like a more strategy base game go for dota 2, it has a very HARD learn curve but its worth once you got in a good match and you win by a bit and at the end you are like, "omg that game was epic", but if you like a game where you can have a nice time with your friends and lose an hour or less then its a good choice too.

as you can tell i rather play dota 2 but now im in a break since i have been paired with a lot of toxic players and losing a lot, so im gonna wait or ill find friends to play with and raise my mmr. i hope this helps you decide and welcome to mobas

Very one sided and by that, I mean VERY BIAS. You obvious think very low of League of Legends. From a league of legends perspective, your team can win with 10 kills to the enemy team's 8. That isn't a lot considering there are 5 players. Just 2 kills each on average. You don't have to win teamfights by a huge amount. You just need to win them. If there's a teamfight happening and the enemy team loses the trade, you can still win hard with only 1 kills out of that. If everyone on the enemy team is very low, you can easily take a dragon or baron as they back. Honestly, league is so much more than just "GET KILLS".

Your point on you need to learn how to play every role applies to league too. No one likes a one trick pony in ranked. I don't see your point. Maybe DOTA does have a higher learning curve. But what you said is plainly just "League is a no brainer game. Just kill and win. DOTA is all about strategy". League has strategy too...You just never pointed it out or used it ever.

League is also about patience. Do you really think every game you can win in under 30 mins? No. You take small advantages everywhere, at anytime and you build that up. In laning phase, you zone someone out of 1 cs per wave. After 4 waves you're already at a 60+ gold lead. Means if you back at the same time, you can spend it on 2 more health pots to win more trades. If you make someone back, you push your wave and deny CS and slowly lower the tower's HP.

Meh, I've been on both sides, but with respect to FPS. People say play BF, you'll never touch CoD again. Same deal (for that matter, I own BF3, BFBC2, but played CoD first. I still like CoD more). I enjoy LoL very much, so I honestly have no incentive to switch.

That's not a bad comparison, LoL is like the CoD of the MOBA world :P

I want to play MOBAS bore ofter.
I have ony tried LOL, but for some reason i know DOTA is better...fuck knows why but I juat know.
You seen the film poltergeist with that crazy lil bitch who knows all kinds of shit...then bro you better believe, I know dota 2 wins even though I've only played Lol.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Very one sided and by that, I mean VERY BIAS. You obvious think very low of League of Legends. From a league of legends perspective, your team can win with 10 kills to the enemy team's 8. That isn't a lot considering there are 5 players. Just 2 kills each on average. You don't have to win teamfights by a huge amount. You just need to win them. If there's a teamfight happening and the enemy team loses the trade, you can still win hard with only 1 kills out of that. If everyone on the enemy team is very low, you can easily take a dragon or baron as they back. Honestly, league is so much more than just "GET KILLS".

Your point on you need to learn how to play every role applies to league too. No one likes a one trick pony in ranked. I don't see your point. Maybe DOTA does have a higher learning curve. But what you said is plainly just "League is a no brainer game. Just kill and win. DOTA is all about strategy". League has strategy too...You just never pointed it out or used it ever.

League is also about patience. Do you really think every game you can win in under 30 mins? No. You take small advantages everywhere, at anytime and you build that up. In laning phase, you zone someone out of 1 cs per wave. After 4 waves you're already at a 60+ gold lead. Means if you back at the same time, you can spend it on 2 more health pots to win more trades. If you make someone back, you push your wave and deny CS and slowly lower the tower's HP.

yeah i think you are right on that my post its one based, and yeah i think league its a stratey game as well, but my point its still the same, and also i said that league its a fun game, but i rather dota 2 better for the reasons i said, league is still a good game but just not as hard, and by that im not saying that is a game for dumb people but for people who wants to play both worlds, a average game with a fast learn curve, but to play dota 2 you first need to go to his hard learning curve which means that the game is harder and for that its more rewarding to me, but as a said and ill say it again, play the one you rather a hard game with a hard learning curve, or an avergae game with a "better" learning curve.

also if you play dota 2 for as long as i have, youll learn to find out if a player comes from league or not, thats why im saying this.

in conclusion play the one you like the most but try them both, maybe play them both as i do, its just like as you like league better i like dota 2 better. No hard feelings and sorry if my post sounded like i was calling league players noobs and dumbs.

First of all, if you have friends playing, go for the one they play. These games are a lot better with friends, more than just the "fun with friends" kind of way.

Dota is a lot more tactical and diverse with simplistic character mechanics. LoL has more diverse character mechanics that offers more advanced fights.

LoL has gotten pretty streamlined in terms of pub strategy, so it's a lot easier to get into as there's a few things that most people agree on.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!