Noctua NH-D15 to replace H100i?

ExcitezR

so i all ready have a H100i and have had it for around 3 years now. but as of now im a noise freak and must have a silent rig but the H100i pump is quite loud so i was thinking of moving over to the noctua NH-D15 also the LED on my H100i broke and is stuck at blue or off in a red and black system...  :huh: also will it fit in my case Corsair C70 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

so i all ready have a H100i and have had it for around 3 years now. but as of now im a noise freak and must have a silent rig but the H100i pump is quite loud so i was thinking of moving over to the noctua NH-D15 also the LED on my H100i broke and is stuck at blue or off in a red and black system...  :huh: also will it fit in my case Corsair C70 

If you're looking for aesthetic... the tan and brown will be even worse in your system. I'd say something from bequiet would be better to fit in that color scheme.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

If you're looking for aesthetic... the tan and brown will be even worse in your system. I'd say something from bequiet would be better to fit in that color scheme.

i all ready have noctua fans in my case and i hear that BeQuiet cpu coolers are a bitch to install?

PC PART PICKER

i all ready have noctua fans in my case and i hear that BeQuiet cpu coolers are a bitch to install?

It depends on the cooler in question. And if you already have those color fans, I say go for it.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

look to the phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD and paint the fan shrouds black

phanteks_13.jpg

d4172b7f_PH-TC14PEmemside.jpeg

Just buy a X61, set the LED to red, and get better performance than any air cooler as well as better looks

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

51u1jr.jpg

Try one of these. Raijintek Tisis.  Less money and it has the right colour fans.

Nothing to see here - move along.

It fits in your case just fine.

Try one of these. Raijintek Tisis.  Less money and it has the right colour fans.

Not exactly suitable if the OP is looking for quiet.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not exactly suitable if the OP is looking for quiet.

On PWM it is very quiet. The fans only spin at 700rpm when gaming. 

my current fan speed 

gUei4.png

PC PART PICKER

It's definitely quieter at lower speeds but only one of its fans is pwm.

After some more research, it does seem like a quieter cooler than I thought though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's definitely quieter at lower speeds but only one of its fans is pwm.

Just adding on, the noise of one fan at x speed isn't the same as another at the same.

Just adding on, the noise of one fan at x speed isn't the same as another at the same.

Not exactly sure what you mean--mind rephrasing?

Not exactly sure what you mean--mind rephrasing?

The above was saying 700rpm. But 700rpm on an included cheap case fan won't be nearly as quiet as on a Noctua (or other premium) fan. Speed doesn't equal noise directly in the way the above stated.

I was just adding onto your response.

The above was saying 700rpm. But 700rpm on an included cheap case fan won't be nearly as quiet as on a Noctua (or other premium) fan. Speed doesn't equal noise directly in the way the above stated.

I was just adding onto your response.

I had Noctua Redux fans with this cooler but the Raijintek fans are quieter.  Yes only one is PWM but I have the second plugged into a fan controller anyway. 

The 700 rpm was with my 8350 @ 4.85Ghz and topped at 46'C.  

I had Noctua Redux fans with this cooler but the Raijintek fans are quieter. Yes only one is PWM but I have the second plugged into a fan controller anyway.

The 700 rpm was with my 8350 @ 4.85Ghz and topped at 46'C.

Which redux fans were you running and at what speeds?

Jayztwocents did a review of the Enermax Liqtech 240.  It gets some incredible performance, all metal design, custom-loop performance, and completely silent AIO.  So, that's an option to look in to maybe.  Get that cooler and then buy some Noctua, Swiftech, or EKWB fans and get some -beautiful- performance and no noise.  

Which redux fans were you running and at what speeds?

The 140's with the 120 mounting. NF-P14r same speed I run now.

same speed I run now.

Which is..?

Which is..?

Sorry Mr Marker, 600 rpm at idle and about 700 rpm when gaming.  They are set to an aggressive fan curve only over 58'C so under 50 they are only half speed. 

TBH I could set them lower.

Sorry Mr Marker, 600 rpm at idle and about 700 rpm when gaming. They are set to an aggressive fan curve only over 58'C so under 50 they are only half speed.

TBH I could set them lower.

That's strange. NF-P14's are pretty darn quiet at 600rpm. Are you sure the fan wasn't mounted incorrectly? They should be easily quieter than the Tisis stock fans.

That's strange. NF-P14's are pretty darn quiet at 600rpm. Are you sure the fan wasn't mounted incorrectly? They should be easily quieter than the Tisis stock fans.

Yep all fans were mounted well. I went from the standard fans to the Noctua's and found no difference apart from I could hear them a little more, especially with headphones so it's a change in resonance rather than actual noise. I ended up using the Noctua's in another build anyway, I only bought them because I thought I would hate the red but it's grown on me.

Yep all fans were mounted well. I went from the standard fans to the Noctua's and found no difference apart from I could hear them a little more, especially with headphones so it's a change in resonance rather than actual noise. I ended up using the Noctua's in another build anyway, I only bought them because I thought I would hate the red but it's grown on me.

If it's resonance you're hearing, it might be due to the case or improper mounting. I'd suggest getting some rubber mounts instead of screws.

If it's resonance you're hearing, it might be due to the case or improper mounting. I'd suggest getting some rubber mounts instead of screws.

The fan was on rubber mounts, same thing with two of their fans. I tried again today and the same thing. I'm very happy with the standard fans, very little noise and zero vibration or resonance. 

It makes it a very powerful cooler and much cheaper than the other dual tower coolers.