Is my psu Dying? Random Freezes with event log error:41 Kernel-power

Hello guys!

System specs:

i5 3570k @ 4 ghz

780 ti gigabyte

2x 4gb corsair vengeance black LP

psu: 5 year old Enermax modu 82+ 625w

It's been maybe a bit over a month now my pc would randomly freeze. Be it while gaming, be it while watching a stream on twitch. Or simply web browsing. I own this pc since about 2 years now and the oldest hardware in it is definitley my psu and my harddisk. However, hard disk is just used to store external files. OS is installed on my SSD.

Before that my pc was running just fine. The freeze happens spontaneously. I could play a game for hours straight and have no problem. I can go on for 3~4 days without problems and then it would suddenly hang up on me. Screen will show the last thing i was doing but any input via mouse or keyboard doesn't do anything. So i have to click the reset button on my PC. I've already formatted my system about a week ago hoping the problem would go away, unfortunately it is still here.

Here are the errors i get in event viewer: 

event id 6008: The previous system shutdown at 7:19:03 PM on ‎3/‎21/‎2015 was unexpected.

event id 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

event id 3: Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D (i've the feeling this is irrelevant)

One thing i've noticed also is that my Fan would get loud, i think it's my cpu fans are random and sometimes loud sometimes less loud even when i'm idling or just watching a stream on twitch. I've checked bios settings they seem fine and my cpu as well as GPU times are within healthy range. 

What could the problem here be? Note: I have no tools to check my psu's voltage.

If it is indeed my PSU this is the psu i'd be opting for: BE QUIET! Pure Power L8 630W Cable Management http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/be-quiet-pure-power-l8-630w-power-supply-review/ Isthis fine?

Thanks for any possible help guys :D

the best way to find out would be to borrom a PSU from some other PC and test to see if it happens again

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the best way to find out would be to borrom a PSU from some other PC and test to see if it happens again

Sadly i don't have that option. Don't know anyone who would have a psu to lend me.

Have you tried running off the intel graphics? If only to make sure it isn't the graphics card.

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly i don't have that option. Don't know anyone who would have a psu to lend me.

buy a psu..test it..if it fixes it great...if not..return the psu and get money back...

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile