Volvo Lifepaint

ahhming

1-l5kM43vCabvI8QMiKPvjBA.0.gif

LifePaint is a unique reflective safety spray. Invisible by daylight, it shines brightly in the glare of car headlights. Making the invisible, visible.

life paint can be used in all sorts of ways. Applied to clothes, shoes and helmets , pushchairs and children backpacks and even dog leads and collar.

lifepaint washes off and will not affect the colour or surface of your chosen material, lasting approximately one week after application.

Currently only available in store at London

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zOis_PjBx8SQ.knJFCpcYY61k

Source:

http://www.volvolifepaint.com/

Pretty cool I guess. Volvo would probably patent it tho :(

This is amazing.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I would spray this on everything just because it looks awesome.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

wow now i need to move to uk to test it

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Whats is the price? I would buy one, but if it will be more than 15 pounds it will get too expensive :(

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I'm contemplating the trolling possibilities with this thing.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Gotta love Volvo sticking to the nature of wanting safety.

Might be a great thing for runners and cyclist mainly, though for the later still no excuse for not using lights... Believe it or not I once had a head on collision with an other cyclist because he was not using lights and it was dark and raining hard, didn't spot him until the last second, dodged mostly I kept standing he went down, started cursing at me. Kindly told him that without lights I can't see him and that a pair of LED lights are like 3 euro at hema....

There lies my main fear, people just don't want to pay for their own safety it seems.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

I can have fun with this

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Now I have to imagine all the invisible penises that are going to be drawn everywhere.

*user was gilded for this post*

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Pretty cool I guess. Volvo would probably patent it tho :(

They did not patent the 3 point steatbelt, so for the same reason I would guess they would not patent this either. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I can see this being used for pranks,

dickbutts everywhere

Its all about those volumetric clouds

That's cool and useful. I wonder if they will develop a permanent version to apply.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I'm not sure about the patent thing.

Volvo was a Swedish run company back then. Unless something has changed they are owned by a Chinese company now.

Maybe not so generous now?

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for saving lives. This is a fantastic idea. 

But when cyclists wax lyrical about "sharing the road" and "being treated equally"  - they can get fucked, frankly. 

They don't have to do any right-of-way tests, or learn ANY road rules at all to be allowed to ride on the roads like motorised vehicle users do.

They don't pay tax to have the right to use the roads like motorised vehicle users do. 

Most cyclists have no idea at all about give-way or right-of-way rules and thus are generally the ones causing accidents. Notice how in one of the videos, the cyclist passes a car that has stopped in the middle of the road for no good reason, only to be then almost hit by a car that the aformentioned car was giving way to? That accident would have been the cyclists fault and no one elses. Paint or not - if he wasn't a spanner the near-miss would never have happened.

IMO if they want to be "treated equally" then they need to get fucking licenses like we do. They need to learn the road rules. It makes no sense at all that they are using the same roads yet don't have to learn the rules in order to use them.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

This is very good and all but it doesn't negate the fact that there are way too many cars in the city. Too many as*holes on the road including both cyclists and car drivers. Just because you ride a bike doesn't make you a saint you are part of the problem to. I also can't wait for the inevitable patent, if not Volvo Apple will do it. In my opinion though you shouldn't be able to patent safety equipment of any kind.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

They don't have to do any right-of-way tests, or learn ANY road rules at all to be allowed to ride on the roads like motorised vehicle users do.

They don't pay tax to have the right to use the roads like motorised vehicle users do.

The difference of course being that a cyclist isn't driving a 4000lbs murder weapon at high speed. If a cyclist hits a pedestrian, chances are that the pedestrian will survive.

Also, you learn to ride a bicycle as a kid. Are you suggesting that we let all young children take riding lessons and a test before they're allowed to go to school on a bicycle?

As for road tax, I'm not aware of any civilized country where that is still related to "the right to use the roads". It usually is related to the pollution of the car, which explains why eco-friendly cars are usually exempt from it. Even the UK (usually a bit slow in these things) got rid of it in the 1930s.

It would be stupid not to patent it since someone else will.
The only way to make something available to everyone is to get a patent and say: "Do with it what you like." The same way Tesla does.

Also, cyclist have some kind of idea that they are the weak one and car drivers should just be more careful. But do bear in mind that car drivers sit in a metal box with small windows and small mirrors designed to spot other cars that are a fuckton bigger than someone on a bike.
Best solution is to make dedicated cycling lanes. That way we have less accidents and car traffic should be faster since you don't have to drive behind someone on a bike.

In the end we are all stupid fucks because we never plan ahead. Just like how airplane company's are now saying that from now on there will always be 2 persons in the cockpit.

Useless! Because we will have night vision in our eyes.

Useless! Because we will have night vision in our eyes.

How long before some person sprays this on their eyes so they glow?  Is it written on the bottle harmful if spray in or near eyes?  LOL!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

i can only really see this being used/abused for graffiti/tagging people's cars more than practical uses (what it was made for)

that being said this would look sick properly utilized in good graffiti.

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

I can have fun with this

I walk everywhere so this would be fun to spray on the crotch of my pants some night just to shock drivers at crosswalks.  I also would love to spray "Right of way" on my clothing and have them see it to send a message to some of the idiotic drivers where I live.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The difference of course being that a cyclist isn't driving a 4000lbs murder weapon at high speed. If a cyclist hits a pedestrian, chances are that the pedestrian will survive.

Also, you learn to ride a bicycle as a kid. Are you suggesting that we let all young children take riding lessons and a test before they're allowed to go to school on a bicycle?

As for road tax, I'm not aware of any civilized country where that is still related to "the right to use the roads". It usually is related to the pollution of the car, which explains why eco-friendly cars are usually exempt from it. Even the UK (usually a bit slow in these things) got rid of it in the 1930s.

As a cyclist, you should have to be forced to be aware of the rules of the road in order to ride on the side of major and busy streets. Its not just about how a bike would hurt less hitting a pedestrian, but also about how a bike in traffic changes the way cars drive, and how your actions can cause crashes of cars if youre not careful. If i swerve in the bike lane to dodge a pedestrian, and drift into traffic, how will that make the driver behind me change speed or direction? Would it be better to just slow down so i dont need to dodge people? Interactions on a busy street are very complex and the reason why most bike riders get flak for it is because they pretend like they dont have any influence on it, which is total bullshit.

Yes, road taxes are generally related to pollution, and to the weight of the car. In theory the money is supposed to go to upkeep and repair of the roads but that isnt always the case with taxes i guess. It does irk me some that "eco cars" are exempt from the upkeep of the road even though they use it just the same and can weigh more than a normal car sometimes. But i guess its a tax incentive to get people to switch away from fossil fuels.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

<snip>

Absolutely agree on cyclists being able to affect other traffic, but so does a pedestrian who crosses the road without paying attention. 

Pretending that you do nothing wrong is human nature and you see it in all kinds of road users.  People who double-park, who cross the line at a busy intersection knowing full well that they won't be able to clear it because other cars are already standing still there, bicycles swerving through traffic and riding on sidewalks, pedestrians walking on cycle lanes or crossing the road without even acknowledging the state of nearby traffic, etc etc.  People are egocentric, especially in traffic. 

Basically you'd need to let everyone get a license before they'd be allowed on public roads, even pedestrians and children.  Or the police should let lots of officers patrol wearing plain clothes and really crack down on traffic infractions, that would also help.

You said : "if I swerve in the bike lane to avoid a pedestrian, ...".  As an avid cyclist, these are the first 2 things that crossed my mind the second I read that :

- What is the pedestrian doing in the bike lane?  He/she has no business being there.

- Why do I need to slow down so I don't need to dodge the pedestrian but don't cars have to slow down and anticipate that I may need to swerve?

It's easy to only see it from our own perspective and decide that all others need to adjust to whatever mode of transport we use.  That makes discussions like this extra difficult.