No way to access my CPU/GPU on my laptop (see pictures)

http://imgur.com/a/fLk3d

So yeah... the other day I wanted to change the thermal paste of my 5 year old laptop, overheating is a big issue for it, and the reason why I can barely run any game (the GPU basically stops itself at about 30% usage because it's always at 75+ degrees).

And as you can see in the link, the heat pipes, CPU, and GPU are under the mobo when I remove the keyboard. I could try to remove the mother board and then access them, but there is at least 4 or 5 things plugged to it that I don't really know about and that really look like they're not supposed to be unplugged, or even detached from it.

So... should I try unplugging them anyway ? should I maybe break some parts of the PC case at the bottom ? what do you guys think.

Look at the service manual of the laptop

See if IFixit has a repair guide.

Whats the make and model

You'll have to take the whole motherboard out.

OP, the heatsink is likely under the keyboard. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

See if IFixit has a repair guide.

Whats the make and model

I'll check that out thanks, its a Packard Bell Easy Note LS 11-HR

You'll have to take the whole motherboard out.

Well it seems like its the normal way, but I mean so many things are plugged into it that are not supposed to be removed... its so baddly designed.

I'll try to find the manual see if it says anything yeah.

OP, the heatsink is likely under the keyboard. 

No haha, I would have seen it, as you can see on the pics with the bottom of the laptop the CPU is in the middle, with the heat sink on it. The problem is that I can't access it by any side.

No haha, I would have seen it, as you can see on the pics with the bottom of the laptop the CPU is in the middle, with the heat sink on it. The problem is that I can't access it by any side.

Yeah, with all Acer / Packard Bell notebooks, you need to start from the bottom and remove all the screws. Then flip to the keyboard and pry the casing up using a tool. Then more screws and then you'll be able to take the bottom off exposing your MB and GPU / CPU heatsink.

Acer designed these things so that no body would dare try and fix them. LOL  

While you've got everything apart, you should clean the air vents out really well. You may even want to purchase a fan replacement for the notebook as the one you're using will most likely go in the near future.

**EDIT** 

I'm bad... I didn't read the entire thread. :P 

Yeah, you need to unplug them. Use tweezers to get them out. If you use brute force you risk the change of pulling the cable out before the attachment. The keyboard and mouse attachments usually flip up. Given the fact that your notebook is 5 years old, you need to be really careful as the plastic will most likely be very brittle.

Yeah, with all Acer / Packard Bell notebooks, you need to start from the bottom and remove all the screws. Then flip to the keyboard and pry the casing up using a tool. Then more screws and then you'll be able to take the bottom off exposing your MB and GPU / CPU heatsink.

Acer designed these things so that no body would dare try and fix them. LOL  

While you've got everything apart, you should clean the air vents out really well. You may even want to purchase a fan replacement for the notebook as the one you're using will most likely go in the near future.

**EDIT** 

I'm bad... I didn't read the entire thread. :P

Yeah, you need to unplug them. Use tweezers to get them out. If you use brute force you risk the change of pulling the cable out before the attachment. The keyboard and mouse attachments usually flip up. Given the fact that your notebook is 5 years old, you need to be really careful as the plastic will most likely be very brittle.

Yup, its very baddly designed, I hate it when manufactorers do their best to make it harder for you.

Anyway yep, I've made some more research and asked other people and I'll try to unplug them, it doesn't seem as scary as it was a few days ago haha. Also tweezers is a good idea for some of the cables !

I also planned to clean all the dust I can yeah, but I don't think that I'll change the fan.

Oy still not putting the CPU and GPU on reverse on the motherboard.

I remember this being a feature in my business class Dell laptop back in 2008 when it was released. Easy to service, and avoids making the keyboard warm.

I guess they wanted to save on R&D to offer you the best possible lowest price.

EDIT: Thanks guys, I finally did it and everything works well, the temps in game dropped of 20 degrees !
Sorry for that newbie thread, it wasn't that hard.