closest franchise to gta 5

HmmR

so people are hypeing gta like always

but which are the other  franchise like gta and are really fun to play (1 example is watch dogs which looks like garbage)

Hmm, Sleeping Dogs? It's fun to me.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Saints row
just cause
Both are pretty similar to gta but are less serious.

Did you just call Watch_Dogs_ a "Franchise"?

If so, please look up the word!  :P

But, to your question - I would have to say Final Fantasy, Battlefield, Resident Evil, and I don't care that Diablo isn't technically a franchise, but I still say it!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Saints row

just cause

Both are pretty similar to gta but are less serious.

Saints Row series are hilarious, yes they are similar to GTA with some twists.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Saints Row series are hilarious, yes they are similar to GTA with some twists.

Yeah exactly haha. Even though gta does have its fair share of funny moments they're not as frequent or ridiculous as saints rows. 

Saints row?

I'm not that into this particular genre to be honest, for me it gets boring pretty quickly. After the first couple of hours of doing anything you want to you start feeling the need for a precise objective that you HAVE to reach. In this particular model there isn't really a reason to follow the main story unless you want to give away that total freedom for 20 minutes.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

probably sleeping dogs is the closest to gta 5 i think

If so, please look up the word!  :P

But, to your question - I would have to say Final Fantasy, Battlefield, Resident Evil, and I don't care that Diablo isn't technically a franchise, but I still say it!

like gta

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

JC2. I hate Saints Row personally.

Just Cause 2? Damn that game, it's got bunch of cool moves! Grappling hooks, jumping vehicles to another. Damn....

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Just Cause 2? Damn that game, it's got bunch of cool moves! Grappling hooks, jumping vehicles to another. Damn....

JC2-MP is so fun :D

Nothing even reach GTA to the toes in my opinion!

But yeah Watch Dogs is not a franchise, but its close to GTA, but but, not that fun in the end. It much the same thing u are doing all the way.

JC2-MP is so fun :D

This game is just like freedom, just messing around in the game.... The map is huge!

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Saints Row, It is GTA on a shit-ton of steroids.

But i like Just Cause better, You aint a full-on villain, You only destroy a corrupt governement.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Saints Row, It is GTA on a shit-ton of steroids.

Steroids lol.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

JC 2 has nice nature, but the towns look shit. I feel more like I'm standing in a town when I'm playing San Andreas.

I don't have experience with Sleeping Dogs, but I want to play it some day.

But Saints Row is a game I adore. Wait, don't stop reading, not the god damn 3 or 4 that in my opinion destroyed the series and the setting of the franchise.

I'm talking about good old Saints Row 2.

I remember buying it, having a shitty computer, bad internet, Steam offline mode not working and I hated the damn thing.

I installed it a few years later and played through the whole thing. It's the first game I finished and the most played game on my Steam profile. For me, it was a better looking San Andreas with more freedom, interaction and newer handling.

But don't take this as a "you must buy this" post. That game is the worst port in the history of anything.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Saints Row 3

Just Cause 2 ( Multiplayer )

Sleeping Dog ( it's really fun IMO )

GTA:SA Modded.

If so, please look up the word! :P

But, to your question - I would have to say Final Fantasy, Battlefield, Resident Evil, and I don't care that Diablo isn't technically a franchise, but I still say it!

All the ones u named are nothing like GTA... He wants free roaming games. Am I right @HmmR ?

Watch_dogs is theoretically a franchise since watch_dogs 2 should be out next year, they already working on it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE