standoffs come with MB or Case?

lovingGamer

With the RAM of course, duh.

No they come with the MB if I remember correctly.

The case. Usually preinstalled, but not always.

With the RAM of course, duh.

No they come with the MB if I remember correctly.

YOu remember incorrectly

They come with the case.

Huh....damn I had it wrong

YOu remember incorrectly

It's weird though huh.... You would think the tools to mount the motherboard would come with the motherboard but no..

le case. Mr. OP

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Some cases even come with them preinstalled, and some of them preinstall one mATX standoff that can short your mobo if you don't get it out :D.

At least that was the case with my Corsair 200R.

Luckily, I paid attention. :P

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's weird though huh.... You would think the tools to mount the motherboard would come with the motherboard but no..

Yeah, it is slightly strange

Ikr.

I was looking for a SATA cable in my mobo box when it was in my PSU box.

I spent half an hour after checking the PSU box...damn.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Some cases even come with them preinstalled, and some of them preinstall one mATX standoff that can short your mobo if you don't get it out :D.

At least that was the case with my Corsair 200R.

wow.... this explains so much....

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Ikr.

I was looking for a SATA cable in my mobo box when it was in my PSU box.

I spent half an hour after checking the PSU box...damn.

wait.... my satas came with my case, and some with my MB.

wait.... my satas came with my case, and some with my MB.

Fooking manufacturers m8, I will rek their mum

Fooking manufacturers m8, I will rek their mum

LoL

I think most cases come with them pre-installed into the case(or just come with the case)

I have no idea what I'm doing

As was mentioned the standoffs come with the case you buy,some are installed and some are not.

Just remember when installing your motherboard to make sure the standoffs are the correct position for your motherboard as not all standoffs will be in the correct position..

Always take your time and to double check where the standoffs are position you do not want to run the risk of frying your motherboard if you mount it where a standoff is not correct positioned..so make sure the standoffs are only where the holes are in your motherboard where you screw it down in your case.best way to do this is to count all the standoff holes in your motherboard,once you do that take your motherboard and carefully lay it down easily in your case to see where all the holes line up..

Not sure if you have ever done a installation of a motherboard before so figured I post this video below for you,the one thing you want to make sure you do is to wear a anti static strap or touch the case before you install the motherboard.

Here is a good video that shows you how if your not sure how to install a motherboard..