budget headphone for game (mostly)

iM8Pizza

So guys, I'm looking for a headphone, well...mostly for gaming the mic isn't really a problem since there's a Modmic, So! What's a good budget headphone? My budget should be around $200. And one thing, is the PS4 Gold Wireless Headset a good one? Oh, the reason why I pick it is that it's wireless (and beautiful and...well, i love blue), because cables got on my way on most (every, maybe) times, and it disturbs me from my monitor. Maybe give me an example of the one headphone that is wireless. AAAAAAAANDDDDDD IIIIIIIIIII prefer the closed type

So guys, I'm looking for a headphone, well...mostly for gaming the mic isn't really a problem since there's a Modmic, So! What's a good budget headphone? My budget should be around $200. And one thing, is the PS4 Gold Wireless Headset a good one? Oh, the reason why I pick it is that it's wireless (and beautiful and...well, i love blue), because cables got on my way on most (every, maybe) times, and it disturbs me from my monitor. Maybe give me an example of the one headphone that is wireless. AAAAAAAANDDDDDD IIIIIIIIIII prefer the closed type

Ok i can help you with that .

1st what part of the world do you live in , example : america, europe , china , ECt ect ect .

2nd , are you willing to put just a little extra cash ?

3rd , are you going to use the headset on a pc or a ps4 ?

(⌐■_■) 

Ok i can help you with that .

1st what part of the world do you live in , example : america, europe , china , ECt ect ect .

2nd , are you willing to put just a little extra cash ?

3rd , are you going to use the headset on a pc or a ps4 ?

Answer 1 : Indonesia (that's located at the SEA Region or if you don't know where, look at the country that have the most islands in your map, Yes! I admit my country is not that good, so it's normal if you don't know) it's quite hard to look for the one that is actually legit, but I can fofind it no problem in the Capital. Or I could just order it from Singapore or overseas and stuff

Answer 2 : well, sure if it's worth the money. Max budget should be below $400

Answer 3 : PC, but well... the PS4 Gold Wireless Headset is wireless and blue.. So, I love that.

Answer 1 : Indonesia (that's located at the SEA Region or if you don't know where, look at the country that have the most islands in your map, Yes! I admit my country is not that good, so it's normal if you don't know) it's quite hard to look for the one that is actually legit, but I can fofind it no problem in the Capital. Or I could just order it from Singapore or overseas and stuff

Answer 3 : PC, but well... the PS4 Gold Wireless Headset is wireless and blue.. So, I love that.

Ok , i know this headphone is overrated but , the HyperX cloud is a solid choice , if you want a 5.1 surround sound , then i would go for the HyperX cloud 2 . both with cables .

unless if youre going for '' kill youre headset '' you will need a mod mic and a good headset .

but sense i live in europe , i cant much help you with the place to find the headphones.

and the sony ones , well they are par when it comes to them . i mean , if you want the best of the best , cable headphones are the way to go , but sense you want the best of the best without the cables and using it for gaming , thats going to be one hard hunt my friend .

(⌐■_■) 

@iM8Pizza I'm on the same ship with you pretty much. I live in Turkey. Headphones, especially big brand names (Sennheiser,AKG) are overpriced here. Pretty sure they're expensive on your country too. :(

Anyways, I recommend HyperX Cloud too. If you can find a pair on discount, get one. Here, on discount, they cost $73 including all taxes. That's brilliant considering they used to go for about $110.

You can also get HyperX Cloud II but they probably will be overpriced in your country, because they are relatively new. The improvements are minor, like the headband is a little better and the same story with the mic, and there's an included USB soundcard.

Not that you need a soundcard for HyperX Cloud in the first place anyways. Your motherboard audio will do just fine. Make sure you plug them to the BACK of your case.

Or, you can go and grab a really good pair of headphones and a desktop mic/ModMic but that's not recommended since they probably cost too much in your country.

Go to this store, and test the hell out of them headphones: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/147249-candy-store-for-audio-manias/

Oh and general rule of thumb, wired headphone > wireless. Given the same class, wired will almost 100% be better sounding than wireless...

I really liked the Shure srh1540 but they are though to get under 400$ I recommend the Sony mdr 1a they are an amazingly comfortable and warm sounding headphone that are also really easy to drive

@iM8Pizza I'm on the same ship with you pretty much. I live in Turkey. Headphones, especially big brand names (Sennheiser,AKG) are overpriced here. Pretty sure they're expensive on your country too. :(

Anyways, I recommend HyperX Cloud too. If you can find a pair on discount, get one. Here, on discount, they cost $73 including all taxes. That's brilliant considering they used to go for about $110.

You can also get HyperX Cloud II but they probably will be overpriced in your country, because they are relatively new. The improvements are minor, like the headband is a little better and the same story with the mic, and there's an included USB soundcard.

Not that you need a soundcard for HyperX Cloud in the first place anyways. Your motherboard audio will do just fine. Make sure you plug them to the BACK of your case.

Or, you can go and grab a really good pair of headphones and a desktop mic/ModMic but that's not recommended since they probably cost too much in your country.

The USB dongle is not a soudcard. Its just a volume control for the headphones and mic and a button that allows you to use a virtual 7.1 sound.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

These videos might give you some nice ideas :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

The USB dongle is not a soudcard. Its just a volume control for the headphones and mic and a button that allows you to use a virtual 7.1 sound.

That is a soundcard.

From the basics:

- USB is digital

- Headphones need analog signals to be able to function

- To change digital data to analog signals, a DAC chip and circuit is needed

- To 'add' virtual surround to raw digital audio data, a DSP circuit is needed

So any headphones/sets with USB connection got their own built-in DAC circuit in them, and some also got their own DSP circuit. While 'soundcard' isn't technically correct, because it's not shaped as a card (such as PCI card, PCI-E card, etc), it does the same thing.

Well actually, the taxes here is not really that big, just a $10+ from the original price (maybe), or perhaps cheaper if they happen to have a branch in Indonesia as well, Logitech for example. HyperX eh? But well, let's just say i have the ModMic 4.0, what would be the good headphone for it? Remember, below $200... below $150 if you can :3

Well actually, the taxes here is not really that big, just a $10+ from the original price (maybe), or perhaps cheaper if they happen to have a branch in Indonesia as well, Logitech for example. HyperX eh? But well, let's just say i have the ModMic 4.0, what would be the good headphone for it? Remember, below $200... below $150 if you can :3

Check my post above.

The tax here is quite something. I bought Aune T1 from massdrop, total $191 include shipping (printed in the invoice, so it's accounted for tax). Take away $50 for the tax free policy, and it's $141 subject for tax. I remembered the tax was around $30 (between Rp.300k-400k), which was almost 25%. And that was with NPWP reduction (without NPWP, the tax would be higher)

Bulk buys and distributors might get considerably less tax (in percent), but yeah, that's what you get from buying a single item from abroad. 

And of course distributors get special prices from the brand companies.

Check my post above.

The tax here is quite something. I bought Aune T1 from massdrop, total $191 include shipping (printed in the invoice, so it's accounted for tax). Take away $50 for the tax free policy, and it's $141 subject for tax. I remembered the tax was around $30 (between Rp.300k-400k), which was almost 25%. And that was with NPWP reduction (without NPWP, the tax would be higher)

Bulk buys and distributors might get considerably less tax (in percent), but yeah, that's what you get from buying a single item from abroad.

Well, gotta cut my keyboard budget!

Check my post above.

Ey one more thing, where's that store that you reviewed about? I'd like to know the location and stuff (or maybe it's already mentioned there? I didn't read it till the end.....Because! PICTURES, Distract me!)

Ey one more thing, where's that store that you reviewed about? I'd like to know the location and stuff (or maybe it's already mentioned there? I didn't read it till the end.....Because! PICTURES, Distract me!)

The address is there in the thread, or just google headfoniastore.

As of today, there are a few audio stores that carry demo units:

- jaben, dealer of beyer, afaik

- headfonia, dealer of audeze, A&K, fitear, and JHAudio

- analoghead (small store tho, dunno if they got plenty of demos or not)

- soundwave

- dontblameyourears, dealer of hifiman and fiio

- kantongkresek

Just google them for addresses.