Hi there . Im building a gaming pc

KifaTse

Ive have to choose between SAPPhiRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB GDDR5 OC With Boost  and  MSI GTX 960 2GD5T OC

Which one will you go with , plz tell me//

Welcome to the Forum.

First off, you should definitely go with the R9 280 over the 960.

Secondly, what's your location, budget and what are you wanting to do with your computer?

Sig under construction.

280 is the choice unless you somehow need g-sync

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Hello there, I am assuming you are building a gaming PC? If I was you i would go for the 960. It has better temperatures and performance. Your lucky, I am stuck with a r7 260x. Ughhhhhhh the painnnnnnnn I came from a gtx 780. Ohhhhhhhhhh ;(

Thankyou,

Hitman123

At stock the 960 is slightly faster than the 280. However the 280 has very good overclocking potential (same as the 960) but the biggest advantage is that it has 50% more vram. In the future this is going to be very useful. If I were you I would get the 280. Is there a price difference between them?

They are similar preforming cards. If one is cheaper than the other, or if one comes bundled with games or anything that you would like. Then go for that card.

I'd go with R9 280, it has more VRAM than the GTX 960. Overclock the R9 280 so it runs at its best.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold