Best Home Theater Audio Connectors with this 5.1 Setup?

Corruption

I have the Vizio 42" soundbar 5.1 sound system and when I move out am planning to add it to my home theater. The audio connectors include

Analog Audio Input1 x Stereo RCA

Analog Audio Input1 x 3.5mm stereo mini jack

Digital Audio Input1 x RCA (Coaxial)

Digital Audio Input1 x Optical (Toslink)

USB Input1 x USB (for .WAV audio Playback)

Bluetooth

The theater part will run off of my main gaming rig PC in another room rather than building a whole other htpc. so I need the type of cable connection that doesn't distort much over distance. And one more question, for certain connections on this system would you reccomend an external DAC?

This, of course, will be used for media consumption such as Netflix/hulu, blue ray, MP3's and FLACs, etc.

So it would go like: PC->DAC(maybe)->Vizio 42" soundbar 5.1->Ears

Pcpartpicker link for my main gaming rig PC:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/morbidmauller/saved/yVy9TW

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

May I ask why you are using a 980 for 2x 1080p ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

May I ask why you are using a 980 for 2x 1080p ?

Three monitors right? Center 1080p 144hz for gaming and two 1080p 60hz for secondary activities whilst gaming or three secondary activities whilst not. (Not sure if I used whilst right or not there)

Three monitors right? Center 1080p 144hz for gaming and two 1080p 60hz for secondary activities whilst gaming or three secondary activities whilst not. (Not sure if I used whilst right or not there)

Oh sorry didn't see the 1440p monitor ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Oh sorry didn't see the 1440p monitor ^^

You're fine. Any audio advice you can spare now?

You're fine. Any audio advice you can spare now?

Well I am not the best in Audio but as long as you don't run like 20m+ you should be fine, don't think that the Optical has any issues with distance.

Well I am not the best in Audio but as long as you don't run like 20m+ you should be fine, don't think that the Optical has any issues with distance.

So I should be fine with 50ft cords (imperial system, I know, right?)

So I should be fine with 50ft cords (imperial system, I know, right?)

Wouldn't see a problem, but to be sure wait for someone that is better with that stuff, or buy a cheap cable and try it

In context of EMI or RFI, cables do act as an antenna, and the longer it is, the more it will pick up. This can be remedied/minimized by using ferrite beads, those cylinders on USB cables. They're dirt cheap, as long as you don't get the exotic audio specialized kind. They're basically the same as the ones used in automotives. 

In context of EMI or RFI, cables do act as an antenna, and the longer it is, the more it will pick up. This can be remedied/minimized by using ferrite beads, those cylinders on USB cables. They're dirt cheap, as long as you don't get the exotic audio specialized kind. They're basically the same as the ones used in automotives.

But which of the connectors I listed provides the best audio quality?

But which of the connectors I listed provides the best audio quality?

Best quality? It's kinda hard to say right off the bat that A got better quality than B.

You listed analogs and digital. They can't really be compared apple to apple. Analog connection means you're processing the digital audio on the source end, digital connection means you're processing the digital audio on the receiver end. 

The fact that the soundbar got digital inputs means that it got its own DAC circuit inside it. In the chain, you could only use 1 type of DAC, so you gotta choose which one you're gonna use. For example, you could buy a $1000 soundcard (just an example), but if you're plugging the soundbar to your PC with a digital connection, the soundbar won't use that ultra hi-end soundcard at all. It will use its built-in dac. 

Best quality? It's kinda hard to say right off the bat that A got better quality than B.

You listed analogs and digital. They can't really be compared apple to apple. Analog connection means you're processing the digital audio on the source end, digital connection means you're processing the digital audio on the receiver end. 

The fact that the soundbar got digital inputs means that it got its own DAC circuit inside it. In the chain, you could only use 1 type of DAC, so you gotta choose which one you're gonna use. For example, you could buy a $1000 soundcard (just an example), but if you're plugging the soundbar to your PC with a digital connection, the soundbar won't use that ultra hi-end soundcard at all. It will use its built-in dac.

So if it doesnt matter really then which connection would be good for durability and not much distortion over distance?

So if it doesnt matter really then which connection would be good for durability and not much distortion over distance?

For multichannel? USB

Optical.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Optical would be best in term of immunity to EMI and RFI. 

Sound quality wise, it depends on how do you like the DAC chip of the soundbar. If you like it, or at least no complaints, then yeah just use digital connection. 

EMI and RFI on cables can be countered by using ferrite beads. Those cylinders on USB cables. It's dirt cheap. 

With the soundbar he's talking about, to get full 5.1, it has to be digital audio, either optical or coaxial.  If he's really wanting to run a 50ft cable to connect the computer to the sound system there would be no benefit I can think of in choosing coaxial over optical... unless the PC doesn't have optical?

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system