Is GTA 5 really 65GB to download? :/

JorenBus

Hello all,

I'm definitely going to buy GTA 5 when it releases for PC. However, I just saw that you need 65GB of free space, which means it's a 65GB download, right?

Well I have a shitty internet connection where I only download at 550Kb/s.... So yeah

Just wanted to share my pain.

Fellow slow-downloaders unite!

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

It might take up 65gb,but that won't be the amount you have to download.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

probably 50GB to download~

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

probably 50GB to download~

Well it's still going to need a couple of days to download :/

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Well it's still going to need a couple of days to download :/

Retail copy perhaps? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Retail copy perhaps? 

That means I have to get out of my house. I don't like that idea

That means I have to get out of my house. I don't like that idea

uhhhh well..... :/

Shucks, looks like you have a few days of downloading then. Only other option is to get out of your house and buy a copy instead.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hello all,

I'm definitely going to buy GTA 5 when it releases for PC. However, I just saw that you need 65GB of free space, which means it's a 65GB download, right?

Well I have a shitty internet connection where I only download at 550Kb/s.... So yeah

Just wanted to share my pain.

Fellow slow-downloaders unite!

i hope the physical copy which i will buy is a real installer based copy and not a fucking steam purchase code *cough* saints row IV, Metro:Last Light *cough*

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

i hope the physical copy which i will buy is a real installer based copy and not a fucking steam purchase code *cough* saints row IV, Metro:Last Light *cough*

Yup that's what I'm afraid of, so I'll probably buy it on Steam. You can preload the game a couple of days before the release, so that's good as well.

Yup that's what I'm afraid of, so I'll probably buy it on Steam. You can preload the game a couple of days before the release, so that's good as well.

remember, 40+GB size with a 550kbps connection is gonna be your scenario.....

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Wasn't PS4 50 gig or so for the base game? then you need to add on all the heist stuff so it wouldn't surprise me if it was somewhere around 60 gig.

Wasn't PS4 50 gig or so for the base game? then you need to add on all the heist stuff so it wouldn't surprise me if it was somewhere around 60 gig.

yay, that's going to be so much fun! ...

Downloaded files probably will be around 40gb, installed game will be over 60gb.   

Any game i downloaded from steam that had "disk space required" was the file size after the game was installed :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Since next gen games have been out it seems like 50gb+ is the new standard in game size.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Even though it's a mechanical drive, I bought a Seagate 3TB Barracuda 7200RPM drive today, in AS-SSD it's pulling 196 Read and 182 Write, quite impressed.

May just be my new games drive if gamesize's like this are more common place.. and would relieve my SSD's of some space too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Even though it's a mechanical drive, I bought a Seagate 3TB Barracuda 7200RPM drive today, in AS-SSD it's pulling 196 Read and 182 Write, quite impressed.

May just be my new games drive if gamesize's like this are more common place.. and would relieve my SSD's of some space too.

A 7200 rpm drive will play games just fine. Its not worth it for most games to put them on an SSD.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

A 7200 rpm drive will play games just fine. Its not worth it for most games to put them on an SSD.

Yeah I know,.. I do because I can... disposable income and whatnot...

I bought this 3TB today because I'm visiting a mate tomorrow and am doing a good file leech session. Just didn't expect near 200/200 read/write for it.

There ARE some games though, that ARE painful slow on a mechanical to load, I decided to negate this issue by putting all my games on my 512GB Raid0. Even if they don't need to be.

But as games are getting bigger and bigger,.. I may just go back to my raided mechanicals.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well advanced warfare is 55gb installed but a 47gb download to don't expect any miracles in terms of download size.

i wish i had 550. my download speed at the moment is on average about 140 kb per sec