just felt the need to say this.

BurgerBum

''

i had actually beleive the burn in thing though. (assuming we;re both talking about how like some drivers can take up to like 100 hours or whatever of use to provide the best sound they can, or whatever that was? )

Burn In can be a thing, it's not always a thing. I have some IE80's from Sennheiser that, when I got them, were the trashiest things I'd ever heard. They had really good bass, but anything non-EDM/Pop sounded like butthole. Literal fart quality. After a week of leaving them in a closet on a plugged in ipod mini on medium volume, I put them back into my cellphone, turned on the same playlist I tried the first day.. and holy balls, they were great. I had been using Shure SE215 LTDs, and I adored them to the point of using them over my Beyerdynamic DT880's and for some music even over my Hifi-Man HE-400's, but when I finally 'burned in' my IE80s, they went from being ready to be returned, to making me sell my SE215's to a friend. I now use those IE80's daily, not as my primary headphone because the HE400's are really hard to beat in that price range, but if I'm mobile, working out, or just taking a nap.. the IE80's are in, and being used.

Not going to say some burn in are irrelevant - my HE-400's were supposed to require some burn in. Horseshit, sound the same now (great!) as when I got them. Same with my DT880's, though less people say a burn in is needed on them.

EDIT: as for a good starting DAC/AMP, I used a FiiO E07K for awhile, loved it. FiiO tends to have popular offerings. I use a O2/ODAC now just because I found one with a RCA output on Mayflower Electronics, which serves my AudioEngine A5+'s really well.

That all being said, congrats! My first 'audiophile' headphones opened a new and expensive world to me, and while at first the difference may seem awesome.. wait until you try to go back to what you used before, and you'll have a deep revelation about how awesome it really is.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

or that anyone would notice said difference over the 100 hours that they actaully listen to them with. x'D 

thanks for all the heads-ups! (its wierd saying a phrase that has a plural word in the middle but its plural of that phrase so it ends up just never sounding quite right while you type it....... its like when you type ''their'' but stare at it for 15 minutes because it looks.... so.... not... right.......)

any reccomendations (i could never spell that. T^T ) on some good amps/dacs? not like i need them right now but in the future. :/ *shrug*

Syba DAC is a good one for starting out, it's like $35 and has TONS of features, and a decent amount of power for most headphones outside of a few special cases.

(It's an amp & dac)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Burn In can be a thing, it's not always a thing. I have some IE80's from Sennheiser that, when I got them, were the trashiest things I'd ever heard. They had really good bass, but anything non-EDM/Pop sounded like butthole. Literal fart quality. After a week of leaving them in a closet on a plugged in ipod mini on medium volume, I put them back into my cellphone, turned on the same playlist I tried the first day.. and holy balls, they were great.

^this. I grabbed a pair of ATH-CKB50s and at first they didn't sound very good, but now they sound magnificent. I don't know much about burn-ins, but I'm pretty sure that BA drivers need it quite a bit. It's like breaking in shoes. Everything that comes fresh off the conveyor belt is pretty stiff at first, it needs to be loosened up.

Now this is a company I can support! Nice going Samson!

<another bad bible story joke i guess?>

as ong as we dont cut thier hair they'll continue to be sweet bro's. 

i should stop while im ahead. or atleast as far back as i am. 

getting two new pairs of headphones, need a mic, mic stand, mixer, dac/amp, another keyboard, two more monitors....

now i have the issue of trying to find space for all my cool stuff. x'D 

DIY wall mounted headphone stand here i come. x'D

come to think of it wall mounted PC, control keyboard and secondary workstation sounds pretty nice....

*runs off to gimp to start sketching out soem new room layouts*

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

^this. I grabbed a pair of ATH-CKB50s and at first they didn't sound very good, but now they sound magnificent. I don't know much about burn-ins, but I'm pretty sure that BA drivers need it quite a bit. It's like breaking in shoes. Everything that comes fresh off the conveyor belt is pretty stiff at first, it needs to be loosened up.

you go to the vans/converse stores and the ones on display are stiff and hard, the ones in the boxes are already soft and snug, because other people have tried them on. 

that a fair summary/comparisson?

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

<another bad bible story joke i guess?>

as ong as we dont cut thier hair they'll continue to be sweet bro's. 

i should stop while im ahead. or atleast as far back as i am. 

getting two new pairs of headphones, need a mic, mic stand, mixer, dac/amp, another keyboard, two more monitors....

now i have the issue of trying to find space for all my cool stuff. x'D 

DIY wall mounted headphone stand here i come. x'D

come to think of it wall mounted PC, control keyboard and secondary workstation sounds pretty nice....

*runs off to gimp to start sketching out soem new room layouts*

. I'm really sorry to be so mean, but that joke was facedesk worthy. :P

... I thought the idea was to cut off his hair in the first place? He wasn't exactly the sweetest of dudes to begin with, either, he was an arrogant man.

you go to the vans/converse stores and the ones on display are stiff and hard, the ones in the boxes are already soft and snug, because other people have tried them on. 

that a fair summary/comparisson?

Maybe if the ones in the box are the same ones that literally everyone else tried out. I don't know, it's probably a thing, but most of the time, the ones they have for try-outs and the ones that they sell are on different stacks and shelves. At least, that's what happened with all the shoes I've bought.

To be brutally honest, I don't think it's the best analogy for headphones, as the samples they have spend most of their day sitting around in a dry, cold, open room doing absolutely nothing until someone tries them. They don't get used that much over the same period of time that an owned pair does, and they're more prone to being broken, since they're sample models.

. I'm really sorry to be so mean, but that joke was facedesk worthy. :P

... I thought the idea was to cut off his hair in the first place? He wasn't exactly the sweetest of dudes to begin with, either, he was an arrogant man.

Maybe if the ones in the box are the same ones that literally everyone else tried out. I don't know, it's probably a thing, but most of the time, the ones they have for try-outs and the ones that they sell are on different stacks and shelves. At least, that's what happened with all the shoes I've bought.

To be brutally honest, I don't think it's the best analogy for headphones, as the samples they have spend most of their day sitting around in a dry, cold, open room doing absolutely nothing until someone tries them. They don't get used that much over the same period of time that an owned pair does, and they're more prone to being broken, since they're sample models.

nonono! x'D atleast with my last church the story is that ''his hair is his strength, and cutting it will weaken him'' x'D 

his dumbass girlfriend cut his hair and sold him out, she also gouged out his eyes if i rememeber correctly..... (backround check your dates first. basically)

all the shoe stores ive been to, the ones you try on you pick off the shelf yourself and carry to the counter. x'D 

mind you, im a 16 year old girl with wide feet who likes to wear converse all stars and thinks dress shoes are the dumbest thing since white underwear. (seriously, i dont care how well bathed you are, if you ahve white underwear they will stain for reasons we do not speak... and its akward... ) 

true. also the headphones on display 9 times outta 10 are playing the same dumbass crap thats in the top ten list that day. (not hating on to 40's listeners, just saying that usually the top 10 are only top 10 because they go viral with how bad they are IMHO) x'D

most people buy their audio gear by looks. (by most i include the un-informed. )

-Jim Hensen

du you have relly long dreads an are supah strong an all thuh bitches n hoes come up to you askin y u sew strong but u tell dem ''naw iz mah hurr cint cut it i be weak den. ''

(thats me making a horrific bible joke. x'D let this crash and burn ) 

K m9, nah i haz 3 kep meh heir shawt to stahp me bean 3op4u and ask Delilah y she bean such er biertch

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Holy Gaben that is awesome.

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

I would have bought alot of things from massdrop if it wasn't for the shipping cost.. Anyway , well done samson

Still have SR850's from Samson and they still amaze me to this day (for the price I payed for them). SR950's I had to sell because they had something in them that I did not like (I think it was the bass as far as I remember). The cable is somewhat flimsy and they feel plastic but sound quality wise they're like no other in their price range (and even higher).

Now this was a couple of years back, now there are some new alternatives to it, depending on your style.

Plantronics 388's for all round good pair of headphones.

AKG K511's for something comparable to these

Lucky~

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

seriously im questioning myself if i should find out if samson makes microphones. x'D

They do. In fact, they have their Meteorite on Massdrop right now for $30 plus S&H.

[witty signature]