just felt the need to say this.

BurgerBum

first off, let me begin my story. 

im poor have shit headphones and am an audiphile. 

the end. 

alright so now, allow me to tell you how freaking awesome this company is. 

on massdrop, i saw the Samson SR950s going on a drop, and hadnt heard of them before. out of curiosity, i looked further into them. 

they normally go MSRP for around 80-120 american dollars depending on the time of year and your location. 

on massdrop, as they reached the lowest price they went for 53.95 (i believe).

i jumped on it immediatly. and have been happily and patiently waiting for my pair to arrive ever since. 

well, its been quite a while, to the point where my patience has been tested a little and my earbuds im using right now are dying. fast. 

so massdrop sent me this just tonight. 

post-122995-0-95769600-1427526815.png

samson is fucking awesome, can i say that? 

just wanted to let the community know how freaking excited i am for these to arrive, and take my first two steps into the audiophile world, with my own headphones. (instead of my friend mary's HD800s every time we meet up) 

(and yeah, i say audiophile and these probably erent the greatest things in the world, i could have saved up and gotten some audio technica m50x or whatever, but i am excited to finally have something of this quality, and from a company thats super chill with just letting us have a second pair of their headphones. )

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

thats really nice omfg

MY COMPUTER-

Motherboard: ASRock B85-M Pro 4, Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3GB, CPU: Intel i5 4590 Stock Cooler, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Case: My Beloved Phanteks Enthoo Pro :wub: PSU: Cougar PowerX 700W Storage: 1x Segate 1TB 1x WD Blue 250GB 1x WD Blue 350GB, Wireless Adapter: TP Link WN881ND, Monitor: BenQ VZ2350.                      To Learn how to troll, Click here

OH gosh I should have ordered these :< 

I had to be like "NO you already have a decent pair of headphones" :'<

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I know your pain :L using a pair of shitty Skullcandy earphones, one is destroyed and doesn't work, the other keeps falling apart and is terrible. Trying to get some Audio-Technica MX50s

I know your pain :L using a pair of shitty Skullcandy earphones, one is destroyed and doesn't work, the other keeps falling apart and is terrible. Trying to get some Audio-Technica MX50s

they're the little <colour> and rubber black ones with the inline mic?

the cable keep sliding too far in or too far out of the actual earbud itself and cut out?

the cable have these random dings and bends in it you cant explain?

i know your pain. x'D 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Wow, now that is just awesome! How generous of them. :)

(going from 15$ headphones to higher tier headphones for the first time is an experience to remember, that's for sure!)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

they're the little <colour> and rubber black ones with the inline mic?

the cable keep sliding too far in or too far out of the actual earbud itself and cut out?

the cable have these random dings and bends in it you cant explain?

i know your pain. x'D 

xD

they just keep popping apart. :(

thats really nice omfg

yup. ^_^

i am now a samson fangirl just for how they treated those of us on the drop. 

i was the 12th participant in a 40 member drop. 

40 PEOPLE

40*100x when x=2 is like 8000 or something close, they're giving us 40 people 8000~ish dollars in headphones for 2000~ish bucks. 

they are some cool cats. 

i'd hang out with those guys any day of the week. (except tuesdays... dont ask) 

OH gosh I should have ordered these :< 

I had to be like "NO you already have a decent pair of headphones" :'<

thats the problem with massdrop. 

you look at soemthing and go ''meh, its aight' i got what i need''

-two weeks later-

''HEY GUYS MASSDROP SENT ALL THE PARTICIPANTS 400 DOLLARS WITH WHAT WE ORDERED''

you: -table flip- (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

-Jim Hensen

TY FOR THE LAST COMMENT (MY NAME IS SAMSON)

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Wow, now that is just awesome! How generous of them. :)

(going from 15$ headphones to higher tier headphones for the first time is an experience to remember, that's for sure!)

i gotta say....

im about as excited as i can be. :3:D  

-Jim Hensen

i gotta say....

im about as excited as i can be. :3:D  

Be excited, you deserve good headphones and getting them for free is just awesome! :3

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

TY FOR THE LAST COMMENT (MY NAME IS SAMSON)

du you have relly long dreads an are supah strong an all thuh bitches n hoes come up to you askin y u sew strong but u tell dem ''naw iz mah hurr cint cut it i be weak den. ''

(thats me making a horrific bible joke. x'D let this crash and burn ) 

-Jim Hensen

Samson is the best! Wish more people knew them

My Samson C01U has been a great upgrade from the modmic :D

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Be excited, you deserve good headphones and getting them for free is just awesome! :3

and i feel really special too. because 950 and 850 add up to 1800 which is my favorite era. 

also the year 89 was my favorite year for music. 

AND this means im getting an open back and closed back set of headphones. so i can have soem fully formed opinions on both. AND have one for my two workstations. 

seriously im questioning myself if i should find out if samson makes microphones. x'D 

-Jim Hensen

Welcome to the "audiophile" world, don't get carried away believing all the snake oil that surrounds the industry and you'll be aight :)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Samson is the best! Wish more people knew them

My Samson C01U has been a great upgrade from the modmic :D

i'll definately pick that up along side an AT2020 when i get around to finnishing mysetup! :D

is there a single person who doesnt think of the At At from Star Wars when they say AT2020???

-Jim Hensen

i'll definately pick that up along side an AT2020 when i get around to finnishing mysetup! :D

is there a single person who doesnt think of the At At from Star Wars when they say AT2020???

wats an At At?

not a star wars guy pls spare me lol

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Welcome to the "audiophile" world, don't get carried away believing all the snake oil that surrounds the industry and you'll be aight :)

isnt snake oil just a fancy wasy of saying bullshit? 

right? am i atleast close? 

i know what it is atleast. :D

i've learned to see what is and isnt snake oil/bullshit with most products, but with audio im still learning, ive spent so much time with my freinds headphoens and listing to music IRL that i dont know much about headphones/speakers or microphones really. 

-Jim Hensen

wats an At At?

not a star wars guy pls spare me lol

these guys.

http://brian.hoover.net.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/wallpaper-1441.jpg

i always thaught they were friggen badass and that a animated wall-paper of them walking around on hoth would be SICK. 

especially if it was like, being live rendered. 

-Jim Hensen

these guys.

http://brian.hoover.net.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/wallpaper-1441.jpg

i always thaught they were friggen badass and that a animated wall-paper of them walking around on hoth would be SICK. 

especially if it was like, being live rendered. 

o the giant dog robots

I remember those :D

o the giant dog robots

I remember those :D

LOL

-Jim Hensen

isnt snake oil just a fancy wasy of saying bullshit? 

right? am i atleast close? 

i know what it is atleast. :D

i've learned to see what is and isnt snake oil/bullshit with most products, but with audio im still learning, ive spent so much time with my freinds headphoens and listing to music IRL that i dont know much about headphones/speakers or microphones really. 

Pretty much, lol.

Basically anything over $100 amp & dac wise is negligible, and only worth it if the product has features you really need, cables making a difference to sound is pretty BS too, burn in is pretty irrelevant, lots of other stuff.

Expensive DACs and amps actually change the sound away from being just made louder, many of them distort the sound to add more treble/ bass / other things like that, which in turn makes them less "high fidelity" than other transparent amps that change nothing besides volume.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

''

Pretty much, lol.

Basically anything over $100 amp & dac wise is negligible, and only worth it if the product has features you really need, cables making a difference to sound is pretty BS too, burn in is pretty irrelevant, lots of other stuff.

Expensive DACs and amps actually change the sound away from being just made louder, many of them distort the sound to add more treble/ bass / other things like that, which in turn makes them less "high fidelity" than other transparent amps that change nothing besides volume.

I see, i had assumed anything about cables had to be absolute bull. 

''our 6 feet of copper and rubber is better than thier 6 feet of copper and rubber because.... because... because.... it is!!!''

i had actually beleive the burn in thing though. (assuming we;re both talking about how like some drivers can take up to like 100 hours or whatever of use to provide the best sound they can, or whatever that was? )

-Jim Hensen

''

I see, i had assumed anything about cables had to be absolute bull. 

''our 6 feet of copper and rubber is better than thier 6 feet of copper and rubber because.... because... because.... it is!!!''

i had actually beleive the burn in thing though. (assuming we;re both talking about how like some drivers can take up to like 100 hours or whatever of use to provide the best sound they can, or whatever that was? )

Many companies test things before sending them out and burn them in, and even headphones where burn in is a thing, the difference in frequency response is almost non existent, and I really doubt anyone that tried them for 30 minutes, then let 100 hours of music play, then tried them again would notice a difference.

Many companies test things before sending them out and burn them in, and even headphones where burn in is a thing, the difference in frequency response is almost non existent, and I really doubt anyone that tried them for 30 minutes, then let 100 hours of music play, then tried them again would notice a difference.

or that anyone would notice said difference over the 100 hours that they actaully listen to them with. x'D 

thanks for all the heads-ups! (its wierd saying a phrase that has a plural word in the middle but its plural of that phrase so it ends up just never sounding quite right while you type it....... its like when you type ''their'' but stare at it for 15 minutes because it looks.... so.... not... right.......)

any reccomendations (i could never spell that. T^T ) on some good amps/dacs? not like i need them right now but in the future. :/ *shrug*

-Jim Hensen